COD

Axl_morris

Same exact game every year. It'd be cool to pick it up for a nice 6 hour campaign on a cold night but I have no desire whatsoever to play the multiplayer at this point.

modern warfare 2 was the last call of duty i bought and played all the way through and that was a chore. its just the same game over and over again and the multiplayer is meh. in the old games you would kill someone just to be killed by them 5 seconds later because they spawn right behind you.

This one's pretty good. CoD is usually at its best when it's not a direct sequel to another recent game, like Black Ops II and Modern Warfare 3. I loved Black Ops, but thought Black Ops II was just boring.

My favorite's probably still World at War, lots of memories of the hell going through Veteran mode on that one. Seems like the game's have been progressively easier since then, with more checkpoints and life.

Edited by Gackt

Yes, the first COD was amazing.

It also had AMAZING maps for multiplayer. Probably my favourite multiplayer maps in any first person shooter.

I must insist, though : Advanced Warfare is a great game. If you are hating on it simply because it is COD ( which, at this point, really is understandable ) and haven't tried it yet, then try it because it is very different.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed Ghosts a bit more than Advanced Warfare, which seems to be the unpopular opinion; could never get into the concept of EXO suits, and the storyline just wasn't that engaging.

My two favorite games in the series are probably Black Ops and World at War, those feel like classics to me.

I really enjoyed World at War and the first Modern Warfare.

Which was the one where you get to play British soldiers during WWII? Was that 3 or World At War?

both of them had british campaigns if i remember right. the first 2 had british campaigns and i think modern warfare had a british missions.

Yeah, Captain Price the bad ass. But I remember one where I had that Lee Enflield and I was picking off Germans like a pro.

one of my favorite call of duty moments was in the british campaign on the first COD for the ps2 where you are a british soldier in a night time mission with german tanks in this small village, you get an enfield in that mission. you had to get some sticky bombs to blow up the tanks. man i miss good old school COD :(

Modern Warfare 2 was the last campaign I truly enjoyed although Black Ops had its moments. Since then, the campaigns have been too easy and too repetitive so I just find them to be a chore and multiplayer has lost its charm. Same old, same old. I haven't picked up AW yet but I do hear good things. Ghosts was shite.

They should do a Call of Duty: Vietnam.

I used to play Battlefield: Vietnam at a LAN cafe with my equally cool friends in my misspent youth. Was ridiculously unbalanced, no point being anything other than the heavy gunner, was fun.