Talks under way to make Reckless Road into a movie. Marc Canter confirms it will not be a documentary.

IMBECILES! This will destroy the legacy Axl has build up with the new band and the overwhelming expectation for the next record that the band and management have carefully build up will be squandered! This passive agressiveness from Marc is what makes Axl's blood boil. How can we not be furious at Marc for fueling his own agenda and misusing Axl's trust and goodwill?!?!?! #blessedlife

If I'm involved in a guns n roses project, then you know I have their backs. There is a great story about the birth of the band which I was very much involved in. This has nothing to do with where the band is today. The history is very important and thats why Axl was the one who was most supportive of me documenting what they were doing when thay first started out. The people I'm working with are the best ones to do this project. There is so much detail in the way it all came together that tells the killer rock n' roll story of the best band around. Why hide it? I have all the resorses to help make it right.

Rdeyahlxp is just making fun of the people who think like that, he's not serious.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

IMBECILES! This will destroy the legacy Axl has build up with the new band and the overwhelming expectation for the next record that the band and management have carefully build up will be squandered! This passive agressiveness from Marc is what makes Axl's blood boil. How can we not be furious at Marc for fueling his own agenda and misusing Axl's trust and goodwill?!?!?! #blessedlife

If I'm involved in a guns n roses project, then you know I have their backs. There is a great story about the birth of the band which I was very much involved in. This has nothing to do with where the band is today. The history is very important and thats why Axl was the one who was most supportive of me documenting what they were doing when thay first started out. The people I'm working with are the best ones to do this project. There is so much detail in the way it all came together that tells the killer rock n' roll story of the best band around. Why hide it? I have all the resorses to help make it right.

Rdeyahlxo is just making fun of the people who think like that, he's not serious.

Agreed.

Marc, Rdeyahlxp is just being sarcastic. Only the Axl lunatics think that way and most of them are either banned or no longer posting in the forum. He wasn't serious at all.

Btw, can you confirm if it's a documentary?

• Like 1

I trust you! I trust you!

OMG this is the most exciting thing I've read in years!!! I totally support a movie or documentary. I just hope it is greatly written so it doesnt end up like many other movies about famous bands that are a shite.

I agree with the poster who said Jared Leto should play Axl... He's perfect and a really good actor :)

No worries, Marc. Like the others said I was just joking around. Some people who defend the new band truly think this way and most of the sentences I used are a running gag on this forum to make light of the current mediocre/sad state of the band. Again, I was just being sarcastic and wish you and your (future) endeavours all the best.

Best of luck with this. Will be looking forward to seeing it when it comes out.

Hope it works out and interested to hear more.

I'm sure Marc Canter knows what he needs to do with Axl and everything related to that and doesn't need some random internet fan telling him how to do his movie.

Well thank his lucky stars you're here to set things right.

• Like 1

WTF, this is actually happening? Holy shit, sounds really cool.

I hope it doesn't sink into some sort of a pre-production limbo like various would-have-been films tend to.

I hope they manage to cake up enough of a budget.

I hope 22% of the budget gets invested into buying and training attack dogs with sole purpose of keeping current GNR managment of ever coming within 200 meters of anything having to do with this film in any way at all.

Edited by LTD

It will be cool to see Axl portrayed in a a fair light. Documentaries like Behind the Music and stuff seem to go something like this...

"yea we were on drugs and out of our mind and naive, but Axl was nuts! He brought in a piano never showed up and made us sign over the name!! Really you could say drugs and alcohol happened because we had to put up with him"

Marc seems to appreciate the sides of Axl that made this band what it was.

Edited by IncitingChaos