Annual MYGNRFORUM Awards 2014 - Voting Round 1- Nominations

alfierose

Did you guys receive a decent number of votes? I didn't do mine either. I like to procrastinate until deadlines pass, which is to say I like not to bother with things.

Last I looked we had about a dozen people vote. Alfie said she still has some to add today. Not sure how many people usually vote for these, so I don't know if that's any worse than usual.

Last I looked we had about a dozen people vote.

I don't mean to be a dick, but :rofl-lol: .

Who did last year's? Was it just a dozen people for that too? Did we vote in the thread last year? Maybe we should have done nominees with seconding in a public thread. Whatever. Doesn't really matter.

16 people so far Inc me and P5. Get your votes in soon people or some categories will be won on the strength of one persons opinion! Probably best to bear that in mind if anyone feels smug or bereft at winning or losing. Lol

It might be an idea to run the 2nd round as a poll vote. What do you think P5?

Who did last year's? Was it just a dozen people for that too? Did we vote in the thread last year? Maybe we should have done nominees with seconding in a public thread. Whatever. Doesn't really matter.

Gracii Guns ran it last year. Like I said, don't know how many people voted in last year's. Last year it was strongly advised to vote via PM, but if someone wanted to vote publicly in the thread they had the option.

I agree that round two should be public.

And we had far, far more when Leigh-Rok! and I did it... times are changing...

Gracii Guns ran it last year. Like I said, don't know how many people voted in last year's. Last year it was strongly advised to vote via PM, but if someone wanted to vote publicly in the thread they had the option.

I agree that round two should be public.

Last year, from what I remember, we had around 20 voters.

I agree that public polls are the way to go. You will get a lot more people to vote in a poll by simply clicking the available options vs. having to submit and write out each individual vote.

Edited by Kasanova King

Well when we say "public poll" it won't literally be a poll in the sense of the forum function; you can't have more than 3 questions. Public voting would still require writing out (or copying/pasting) the categories and your vote, it would just be a visible post in the thread.

Well when we say "public poll" it won't literally be a poll in the sense of the forum function; you can't have more than 3 questions. Public voting would still require writing out (or copying/pasting) the categories and your vote, it would just be a visible post in the thread.

Gotcha. I guess posting individual threads with 3 categories in each thread, then sticky them, wouldn't be an option? It might take a little work in the beginning but you would get a lot more people voting.

Or is there a way an admin could allow more than 3 questions per thread... some sort of "over-write" privledge?

Gotcha. I guess posting individual threads with 3 categories in each thread, then sticky them, wouldn't be an option? It might take a little work in the beginning but you would get a lot more people voting.

Or is there a way an admin could allow more than 3 questions per thread... some sort of "over-write" privledge?

Multiple threads isn't feasible - not only would it get extremely confusing to have like 10 threads for voting in, but half of the first page of AG would be filled voting threads. As for an admin overriding the number of questions for a poll: it probably could be done, but the way to do it would be to change that function for the whole forum - I don't think that option can be available to just a certain member group.

Honestly, I think being able to post ballots publicly will help plenty - a lot of people have expressed they don't really know who to vote for in some categories, and if the votes are all public, then people can at least see the trends and make their own decision. Besides, according to Gracii, our numbers aren't that far off from hers last year anyways.

Just starting to tally votes and determine the top 3. New voting will be up in the morning, and this thread will be closed.

And we had far, far more when Leigh-Rok! and I did it... times are changing...

We didnt have two thousand categories and half of them retarded.

• Like 1

Where's the worst mod category so I can vote for Alfie Rose and Powerage ?Joint nomination - worst mods of all time, lifetime achievement award.

Did I accidentally insult your mother or something?

Winning a category I'm not eligible for would be quite special. :-)

Just out of my own curiosity......why do people want their votes to be public? Is it the facebook mentality that we think our votes need to be viewed because WE are important, dammit. Or to suck up to certain posters by showing them they got our vote? Or is it to make funny comments about certain people?

How come?