Do you think kids and technology don't mix well?

Mendez

Why do fuckin' kids have to be like, led into fuckin' everything like that though, geezers fuckin' 40, comes home off a shift, does he really wannabe riding around on bikes with kids or isn't he allowed some me time? People make so much of 'you don't talk to your kids, you don't hang out with em' as if thats like the whole thing parenting involves, well how about the little inconsequential things like the food in the cupboard, the paid bills, the roof over their head, don't that count for something? Suddenly it's the parents job to do all this shit, fuckin' play with other kids, play with the neighbours kids, fuck off down the park, thats what we did, and bloody good thing too, who do you really wannabe out playing with anyway, your middle aged Dad or kids your own age/mates from school?

And to be fair, i learned quite a lot off the telly, evil tool of oppression though it is. I think more people do that would care to admit it too.

Edited by Lennie Godber

I walked out of dinner on a friend the other night because she wouldn't stop texting after I repeatedly told her how rude I found it. :shrugs:

Keepin' dem bitches in check :lol: Did you have a Bill Cosby sweater on? Could've at least waited for dessert, might've been Jell-O! :lol:

Edited by Lennie Godber

I walked out of dinner on a friend the other night because she wouldn't stop texting after I repeatedly told her how rude I found it. :shrugs:

Well, that was rude of you :lol:

Yeah, I suppose it was. My thought is this, if you want to spend time with me, spend time with me. If you have other things to do, well, I do too.

What was your parting shot Mags, YOU DA TYPE OF BITCH DON'T APPRECIATE SHIT, NEVER HAD SHIT SO YOU WON'T BE SHIT :lol:

I just stood up and said, "I think we're done for tonight." :lol:

Edited by magisme

Well, that was rude of you :lol:

Yeah, I suppose it was. My thought is this, if you want to spend time with me, spend time with me. If you have other things to do, well, I do too.

What was your parting shot Mags, YOU DA TYPE OF BITCH DON'T APPRECIATE SHIT, NEVER HAD SHIT SO YOU WON'T BE SHIT :lol:

I just stood up and said, "I think we're done for tonight." :lol:

Good on you. I think you were quite right. When you're out having dinner, you shouldn't be on your phone at all.

Nah, I like what you did. I had a party this other day and I confiscated all phones at the door.

:rofl-lol:

That's amazing. And it doesn't surprise me at all. :lol:

Get in with the times. In a few years one of the most popular Christmas gifts will be a "phone basket" to keep by the door when you have guests.

I have a phone basket in my classroom. I guess it's just a matter of time until there's one in my house.

Time to brush up on your conversation skills? ;)

Nah, I like what you did. I had a party this other day and I confiscated all phones at the door.

Were you standing at the door with a brown shirt as you did it? :lol:

Time to brush up on your conversation skills? ;)

Were you standing at the door with a brown shirt as you did it? :lol:

:) I was exagerrating slightly. I wasn't at the door and it wasn't a rule, just a suggestion from one of the ladies that I follow-up on by asking people standing around me at the time to place their phones at a nearby table. Of course, those that didn't oblige got stickers on their chest and had to sit stay in the kitchen for the duration of the party.

• Like 1

ADD/ADHD didnt exist when I was growing up in the 80's/90's. First time I heard of it was when I went to study in the US in 2004. Every second person I met in college there proudly announced they had it within 5 minutes of meeting them. Same with bipolar/anxiety etc - I felt like I was studying in a fucking loony bin.

Then I found out that loads of them went to their doctor and bullshitted them into getting diagnosed so they could get a script for Aderall which is speed.

They were stockpiling their pills and selling them before exam time to other students so they could stay awake all night cramming for exams.

I came back to Ireland in late 2005 and began to hear people saying their kid had ADD/ADHD for the first time ever. Turns out our idiot government was giving social welfare payments to parents who had kids with that condition. Low and behold there was an explosion of cases as unemployed professional welfare claimants rushed to grab another handout, not giving a shit that they were dosing their kids to the eyeballs in the process. Fucking scumbags.

Its a bullshit disorder.

Technologies specifically made for communication stunt communication skills?

I'm on my phone now but when I get to a computer I will give you the perspective of someone who is actually a living embodiment of the stereotype you guys are throwing around in this thread.

Nah, you're alright mate, we got the picture long ago :lol: