Jump to content

General Chat / Random Musings


Recommended Posts

What a terrible week this has been? All the violence around the country and the world. North Korea and Iran and Iraq threatenting the US yet again. 

The new year is starting off terrible again.

poor Australia has those wild fires and it's killed many animals there. So damn sad. Some people are trapped and have to go to the beach. I can't imagine how scary this is!

Another shooting in a Church in Texas and another shooting in NYC against the Jewish community. It seems to be getting worse. 

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Happend to me about a year back couldn't get it to shut up thankfully I live behind some woodlands so I got rid of it mafia style.

 

I have thrown one in a public bin before too

I have electric heat and a/c. One less thing to worry about. I do have fire detectors in my home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Len Cnut

    3818

  • DieselDaisy

    2034

  • Dazey

    1475

  • SoulMonster

    1068

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone, meet Genevieve Roseanne, who arrived on 23rd December. 

No booze for me last night. Early morning as usual.

Present from Uncle Lenny.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

What a terrible week this has been? All the violence around the country and the world. North Korea and Iran and Iraq threatenting the US yet again. 

The new year is starting off terrible again.

poor Australia has those wild fires and it's killed many animals there. So damn sad. Some people are trapped and have to go to the beach. I can't imagine how scary this is!

Another shooting in a Church in Texas and another shooting in NYC against the Jewish community. It seems to be getting worse. 

Happy new year? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you analyse this through Bonds. The '60s is Goldfinger, quintessential swinging sixties British chic. The '70s is a Moore Bond such as Spy Who Loved Me, a more American comic book affair with flaired pants, Blaxploitation characters and car chases. The '80s had Duran Duran and A-HA, View to a Kill and Living Daylights; that is very '80s indeed. 

You could literally make Casino Royal (2006) today, in 2019, and there would be no discernible difference except the trivial, updated phones (oh yes, and the small matter of Chris Cornell who did the title song being dead). Goldfinger could have never been made in 1977 vis-a-vis Moonraker could have never been made in 1964. 

2000-19 is one massive fudge of sameness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is there any discernible difference between the '00s and '10s? Never have two decades been so alike!

In the naughties white liberals still pretended to care about things like Dafur. And they had a peculiar habit of stating their ‘belief in science.’ But now that science is calling for major changes in the face of the climate crisis.... tumble weeds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, soon said:

In the naughties white liberals still pretended to care about things like Dafur. And they had a peculiar habit of stating their ‘belief in science.’ But now that science is calling for major changes in the face of the climate crisis.... tumble weeds. 

I prefer my method, of analysing the changing decade through Bonds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I prefer my method, of analysing the changing decade through Bonds. 

I only know that Mr Bean era bond. But Duff is far less a fashion victim today as he was during VR. Maybe that’s closer to your method.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, soon said:

I only know that Mr Bean era bond. But Duff is far less a fashion victim today as he was during VR. Maybe that’s closer to your method.

As in Sean Bean playing Bond's nemesis Alec Trevelyan (006) in the 1995 film GoldenEye? Pierce Brosnan era then. Or is this an irreverent quip about the Johnny English films? Or are you overindulging again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

As in Sean Bean playing Bond's nemesis Alec Trevelyan (006) in the 1995 film GoldenEye? Pierce Brosnan era then. Or is this an irreverent quip about the Johnny English films? Or are you overindulging again?

Thats it, Jonny English. Last years was killer :headbang:You're the Buff to my Jonny English!

(Overindulging jokes only work if someones not making sense btw, but youll get the hang of it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, soon said:

Thats it, Jonny English. Last years was killer :headbang:You're the Buff to my Jonny English!

(Overindulging jokes only work if someones not making sense btw, but youll get the hang of it :)

Sorry Soon,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sorry Soon,

 

OlUnFK4.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Did you know Nandys husbands name is Andy. Yeah, Andy Nandy can fuck off :lol:

I dont recall anyone on here mentioning Starmer but I could be forgetting?

 

 

(mods: gif is from Giphy, which I believe is the home of sanctioned gifs, because how the Star Wars Baby Yoda gifs were restored w permission from disney)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soon said:

(mods: gif is from Giphy, which I believe is the home of sanctioned gifs, because how the Star Wars Baby Yoda gifs were restored w permission from disney)

Gifs are fine, they contain no music

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, soon said:

OlUnFK4.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Did you know Nandys husbands name is Andy. Yeah, Andy Nandy can fuck off :lol:

I dont recall anyone on here mentioning Starmer but I could be forgetting?

 

 

(mods: gif is from Giphy, which I believe is the home of sanctioned gifs, because how the Star Wars Baby Yoda gifs were restored w permission from disney)

You can say what you want about Planet of the Apes and Heston's over the top performance but that ending was awesome.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

2000-19 is one massive fudge of sameness. 

I disagree. When you think about it, there are quite a few significant differences between the 00's and 10's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is there any discernible difference between the '00s and '10s? Never have two decades been so alike!

Thats only cuz you're a knackered old cunt that doesn't pay attention or care to pay attention to contemporary culture.  Fashion is certainly strikingly different.  Music, if either of us cared to listen to anything that wasn't produced whilst Kennedy was alive we'd certainly notice.  I have a vague awareness of, for example, hip hop music and I can see how the tunes have changed from like your Kanye era to Lil Pump and them.  Drugs have changed also.  Politics too.  We're roughly the same age and inclined towards older shit so we're probably the worst people to discern this kind of thing.  Grime has been a big thing this decade also.  

We are the old people sitting there pointing our walking sticks at contemporary culture and going 'nyaah, thats bollocks, that should be blown up!'.  In my defence though I was saying that at the 90s too :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...