General Chat / Random Musings

30 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Oh lordy I sorry massa Evan I won't yonder 'round this'ere thread no more!

:lol:

"If there's one thing I hate as much as blacks or Japs it's black or Jap music." - Evan

P.S. I think it's safe to assume you scream the n-word when you masturbate, there I said it.

Just messing with you, although it did occur to me that you perhaps didn't know about that other thread.

And don't lie, you know I only scream your name when I masturbate, just like you asked me to and I promised I would.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 21.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Cnut

• DieselDaisy

• Dazey

• SoulMonster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone, meet Genevieve Roseanne, who arrived on 23rd December. 

No booze for me last night. Early morning as usual.

Present from Uncle Lenny.

Posted Images

Just finished watching the 3rd instalments in the Hobbit with my daughters. They love it. We read the book first so it wouldn't ve too scare for them. This is the second time we have seen the films. They love the elves. The beautiful hair, the pointy ears. I am also reading Lord of The Rings for them now, and we see the movie's as we go along. I am almost finished with the third book and hopefully next weekend we can see the third movie. Who would have thought that my girls would love Tolkien? They are hooked. Yesterday they downloaded apps for learning to speak elvish, and my youngest daughter spent most of the day making a dictionary of words with their elven spelling. So cute. 

I drink wine and translate the movies for them (they are not dubbed to Norwegian). I love the books though. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2
18 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Just finished watching the 3rd instalments in the Hobbit with my daughters. They love it. We read the book first so it wouldn't ve too scare for them. This is the second time we have seen the films. They love the elves. The beautiful hair, the pointy ears. I am also reading Lord of The Rings for them now, and we see the movie's as we go along. I am almost finished with the third book and hopefully next weekend we can see the third movie. Who would have thought that my girls would love Tolkien? They are hooked. Yesterday they downloaded apps for learning to speak elvish, and my youngest daughter spent most of the day making a dictionary of words with their elven spelling. So cute. 

I drink wine and translate the movies for them (they are not dubbed to Norwegian). I love the books though. 

Haven't read the books myself, but I watched LOTR trilogy with my daughter. She loved them, and yes, especially the elf. (What is it with young girls and elves? I'm more of an Aragorn girl myself.) She saw The Hobbit with her dad, but she didn't like that half as much. I must admit I wasn't too fond of that either.

Thank god the films aren't dubbed! My daughter's old enough to be able to read the subtitles though. I wouldn't have the patience to translate them for her :lol:

On 22/03/2020 at 5:17 PM, SoulMonster said:

Do they have elves and goblins and things like that in Norway? I assumed they would.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Do they have elves and goblins and things like that in Norway? I assumed they would.

Tolkien was inspired by Norse sagas when he wrote Lord of the Rings. Especially Rohan was inspired by old Norse. The old sagas refer to elves and dwarves, so I assume he was inspired by that, too, when he started writing. I don't think goblins are mentioned, though.

Please can someone give me some peace of mind about something?

A few weeks ago I forwarded an email attachment to a business associate of mine. (This was my biggest mistake). He read through the email thread, and saw that I'd written that my business did some work for cheaper than his company would have. (This was me persuading the client that we couldn't give our work away for free, as they were hoping we would, but that they still got a very good deal). While I could have written this in between the lines, the client is a long time friend of mine, and we're both very straight talking people. 

I can offer cheaper work than the other guy because I'm one person who rents a desk. He employs six people and has an office. It's just basic economics. I've never once said a bad word about him nor his business. In fact, he's one of my heroes. My clients aren't as prestigious and I'm completely fine with this. You get what you pay for. I am Lidl, he's Waitrose. 

Anyway, he sees this single line saying that while we couldn't do the work for free, we were cheaper than his company. He emails me, seemingly very upset about it all and asks to meet so we can talk it through. Of course, I'm devastated at this, apologise profusely and offer to take him out to lunch the following week. 

Since then, the UK has started responding to Coronavirus, and he didn't reply to my email. I then sent him a voucher to a favourite shop of his with another apologetic note. I piled on the praise and explained once again that what I said was done from a very innocent place. He might not have received the card, as it could have arrived at his office after it closed down.

We live in a very small city, and usually see each other socially on a monthly basis. So in my mind, there's no room to be holding grudges nor upsetting people. I'll add that this person does struggle with his mental health (a bit of depression/anxiety, I think. But he's working full time, so it's not debilitating as far as I can tell).

Would you agree that I've apologised for this enough, and that actually the problem is more him than me now?  I feel that if you send an email picking bones with someone, and they reply within fifteen minutes with an offer of lunch, that it's bloody rude to not even acknowledge it. But perhaps I am a real shitbag…

21 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

A few weeks ago I forwarded an email attachment to a business associate of mine. (This was my biggest mistake). He read through the email thread, and saw that I'd written that my business did some work for cheaper than his company would have. (This was me persuading the client that we couldn't give our work away for free, as they were hoping we would, but that they still got a very good deal). While I could have written this in between the lines, the client is a long time friend of mine, and we're both very straight talking people. 

I can offer cheaper work than the other guy because I'm one person who rents a desk. He employs six people and has an office. It's just basic economics. I've never once said a bad word about him nor his business. In fact, he's one of my heroes. My clients aren't as prestigious and I'm completely fine with this. You get what you pay for. I am Lidl, he's Waitrose. 

Anyway, he sees this single line saying that while we couldn't do the work for free, we were cheaper than his company. He emails me, seemingly very upset about it all and asks to meet so we can talk it through. Of course, I'm devastated at this, apologise profusely and offer to take him out to lunch the following week. 

Since then, the UK has started responding to Coronavirus, and he didn't reply to my email. I then sent him a voucher to a favourite shop of his with another apologetic note. I piled on the praise and explained once again that what I said was done from a very innocent place. He might not have received the card, as it could have arrived at his office after it closed down.

We live in a very small city, and usually see each other socially on a monthly basis. So in my mind, there's no room to be holding grudges nor upsetting people. I'll add that this person does struggle with his mental health (a bit of depression/anxiety, I think. But he's working full time, so it's not debilitating as far as I can tell).

Would you agree that I've apologised for this enough, and that actually the problem is more him than me now?  I feel that if you send an email picking bones with someone, and they reply within fifteen minutes with an offer of lunch, that it's bloody rude to not even acknowledge it. But perhaps I am a real shitbag…

You wanted peace of mind so he might be completely fine with it now, it just got buried in his inbox or he just added a cold shoulder to punish you a bit and all will be fine.

You cannot really apologise more. 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
On 25/03/2020 at 9:21 PM, Gracii Guns said:

Its a fuckin' minor little thing really innit, overall, I mean its not like you shat on his rug, shot his Nan or shagged his dog, apologise the one time like you did but keep going on and you're kinda extending the thing and lengthening its lifespan instead of just letting it get brushed under the carpet, its really not that big a deal, bit of a faux pas perhaps but nothing worth doin' your nut in over.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its a fuckin' minor little thing really innit, overall, I mean its not like you shat on his rug, shot his Nan or shagged his dog, apologise the one time like you did but keep going on and you're kinda extending the thing and lengthening its lifespan instead of just letting it get brushed under the carpet, its really not that big a deal, bit of a faux pas perhaps but nothing worth doin' your nut in over.

I know, I know. I felt twice was enough. It's that he hasn't been in touch since which bothers me. I really wanted to get it patched up so we can move along. I already have. Perhaps he has too. I did feel that his reaction was disproportionate to my comment, but that's not for me to choose. Meh, looks like we've all got bigger problems since this happened anyway. 

• GNFNR 1

So I'm working from home and I had a Lean Six Sigma training course booked for this week from before the whole virus thing kicked off which I'm now having to do online via video conference. I was kinda zoning out because it's boring as hell so I turned off my webcam and started doing some other work on my laptop. I'd kinda forgotten I was still in conference when I let out a massive fart and now I'm wondering if anybody else heard it as my mic wasn't muted. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 4

Texas news keeps talking about the new Globe Life stadium in Arlington that was built for the Texas Rangers. They say how they are so ready for baseball season to start.

This is the stadium that the Crue tour and GNR are doing their concerts.

I honestly doubt the baseball season will start any time this year. And as for the concerts, I just wish they would cancel and re-schedule for 2021 or just cancel and give us out money back.

Since no doctor can tell us when this will end, if it does, anything for the rest of the year should be cancelled or postponed.

My dad still thinks football season will begin too. 

I don't see any sports or concerts happening for the rest of this year.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:46 PM, Kasanova King said:

Just checking in.  I hope everyone is safe, stay home if you can and spend this time with your loved ones, if you can.    👋👋😊

Right back at you. Family is what we all need to get through this. And staying in touch with friends too. There are many ways to stay in touch.

Stay inside and stay well.

• Like 1
On 31/03/2020 at 12:46 AM, Kasanova King said:

Just checking in.  I hope everyone is safe, stay home if you can and spend this time with your loved ones, if you can.    👋👋😊

Good to hear from you buddy. Stay safe. :) 

• Like 1

People around Dallas are putting white ribbons with bows outside their homes in support of our medical workers on the front lines fighting the virus.

Maybe we can all do this and make it a world thing!

We could use this as a positive sign of our support for all of us!

On 4/4/2020 at 7:22 AM, SoulMonster said:

Pfew. Found my wedding ring.

Awesome!

5 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Beni Ecclestone will be father to 89 years old....:o:D

I bet his missus is literally licking the supermarket shelves. 

• Haha 3