General Chat / Random Musings

3 minutes ago, action said:

aha!

wife's gone for five minutes and he's already putting cans in his bum :lol: 

Only I drill the hole in them beforehand and it works like a slow release Stellappository. :lol:   

• Haha 1
  • Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Cnut

• DieselDaisy

• Dazey

• SoulMonster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone, meet Genevieve Roseanne, who arrived on 23rd December. 

No booze for me last night. Early morning as usual.

Present from Uncle Lenny.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Because by carefully drilling a hole in it you're at far less risk of shattering the bottle you fucking dullard! :lol:  

How does one carefully reverse into a fucking drill with a bottle thats stuck up your arse, which body part can more carefully hold an instrument and moderate the pressure of a strike or a push, a hand with a hammer in it or an arsehole with a bottle in it? :lol: 

EDIT: I suppose you could hold the bottle while you back up to get the correct purchase, alright, I am a fucking dullard then! :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut
10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

How does one carefully reverse into a fucking drill with a bottle thats stuck up your arse, which body part can more carefully hold an instrument and moderate the pressure of a strike or a push, a hand with a hammer in it or an arsehole with a bottle in it? :lol: 

EDIT: I suppose you could hold the bottle while you back up to get the correct purchase, alright, I am a fucking dullard then! :lol: 

You put the drill in a vice with the pointy bit sticking upwards. Then you wrap some gaffer tape around the on button so the switch at the wall can be used to operate it remotely. Once the drill is secure in the vice very carefully align the opening in the bottle neck over the drill and very slowly and carefully lower yourself down over it until you feel glass touch drill. Then you turn it on at the wall and hope to fuck you don't turn into a glorified spinning top. :lol: 

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There’s only one way to settle this...I’ll nip over to the offie and grip up a bottle of Echo Falls :lol: 

that's the second time you "settled" this. you really like this, huh :lol:

13 minutes ago, action said:

that's the second time you "settled" this. you really like this, huh :lol:

Well, it is friday :lol:  McLeod messaged me video evidence by the name of ‘One Man, One Jar’ which illustrates his point in graphic detail though so I’m afraid I’ll have to concede, though, in my defence, jar and bottle are two different things :lol: 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Well, it is friday :lol:  McLeod messaged me video evidence by the name of ‘One Man, One Jar’ which illustrates his point in graphic detail 

It's literally like a blood waterfall innit? :lol: 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dazey said:

It's literally like a blood waterfall innit? :lol: 

A blood and glass waterfall :lol:  Feels like he's forever digging bits out :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Same here can't beat a price of Nelson Mandella 

Its just fuckin' easy innit?  You look at the other shit on offer in your average Tesco Express (pint sized cans are a must for me btw), Carlsberg?  Feels a bit insubstantial, Budweiser, watery fuckin' shite...I'll have Grolsch, don't see much of it though, so Stella it is.  Quick and convenient, readily available and does the job...and comes in pint cans.  Dunno why I have this obssession with pint cans, I suppose when you're used to pubs you tend to keep track better when its done in the measure that you're used to.  I sort of know where I'm at with pints.

Edited by Len Cnut
4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its just fuckin' easy innit?  You look at the other shit on offer in your average Tesco Express (pint sized cans are a must for me btw), Carlsberg?  Feels a bit insubstantial, Budweiser, watery fuckin' shite...I'll have Grolsch, don't see much of it though, so Stella it is.  Quick and convenient, readily available and does the job...and comes in pint cans.  Dunno why I have this obssession with pint cans, I suppose when you're used to pubs you tend to keep track better when its done in the measure that you're used to.  I sort of know where I'm at with pints.

I've been buying a few of those craft beers of late that come in coke cans and it's just like drinking nothing really. I mean you can literally empty a single can in one go so a four pack of Punk IPA or whatever lasts about 5 minutes. :lol: 

What Im hearing is that in the mind of an Englishman, if you cant have a Stella the only alternative you can think of is craft beer? :lol:

Drink a fucking Tennent! Something by the Trappists. A Schlenkerla Marzen. Rodenbach Grand Cru. Your geographic advantage is lost on the English once again!

3 minutes ago, soon said:

What Im hearing is that in the mind of an Englishman, if you cant have a Stella the only alternative you can think of is craft beer? :lol:

Drink a fucking Tennent! Something by the Trappists. A Schlenkerla Marzen. Rodenbach Grand Cru. Your geographic advantage is lost on the English once again!

See, what you colonial types and the Yooropeans don't get is that an Englishman pretty much only needs to know how strong it is and how quickly we can get it down our necks. All of it tastes the fucking same after the first four or five so why bother with some poncy shite that's twice the price because the yeast was strained through the arse of a monk's undercrackers when you can just knock back 10 bottles of Newky Broon then off home to give the wife a kicking and watch Kes on Betamax? :lol:  

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, soon said:

You've heard of Tennent's? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Ironically the preferred drink of the homeless. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

All of it tastes the fucking same after the first four or five so why bother with some poncy shite

.... Drink good beer for the first 4. Its not rocket science :P

* "Poncy shite" = beer that tastes like beer :lol:

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

watch Kes on Betamax? :lol:  

Yeah I dont know what those words mean. But you would definitely have to be quite the beta to drink Stella :awesomeface::lol:

3 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Its readily available in the cheap import lager section at the stores around here. I see it at the pub sometimes too - actually the like big logo/light fixture things you see in bars often includes a Tennents logo.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No idea why I typed Price and not Pint ... Trying to multi task responding to 3 emails whilst pissing about on the internet during a confrence call.

I am in no rush to get back to the pubs with all this registration bollocks and apparently you can only be in a pub for 90 mins .. load of old cock

Loving saving money drinknig at home TBH

Edited by lukepowell1988
59 minutes ago, soon said:

Fuckin’ tramps drink Tennants.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuckin’ tramps drink Tennants.

You drink Stella :lol:

And its not "tenants" you slick real estate agent! :lol:

Edited by soon

I'm saying this with all the respect in the world, but watching this conversation is like watching a bunch of computer nerds gushing over the latest playboy.

I'm a real belgian, the country where stella comes from, and to be real honest not many belgians even drink the stuff. 

It's jupiler all the way, "Maes" if you think you're a bit special, and then either Orval, Chimay or Westmalle on sundays.

It shouldn't get more complicated than that. It's really that simple. Write it down, especially the trapist suggestions, and then come back to me telling me they all taste the same. They don't, youngsters. Listen to your mentor.

Stella is the beer of the tourists really. We belgians chuckle a bit over foreigners going nuts about the stuff.

1 hour ago, action said:

I'm saying this with all the respect in the world, but watching this conversation is like watching a bunch of computer nerds gushing over the latest playboy.

I'm a real belgian, the country where stella comes from, and to be real honest not many belgians even drink the stuff. 

It's jupiler all the way, "Maes" if you think you're a bit special, and then either Orval, Chimay or Westmalle on sundays.

It shouldn't get more complicated than that. It's really that simple. Write it down, especially the trapist suggestions, and then come back to me telling me they all taste the same. They don't, youngsters. Listen to your mentor.

Stella is the beer of the tourists really. We belgians chuckle a bit over foreigners going nuts about the stuff.

Kinda makes sense that the worst beer ever would also be made there. Stella figures they can ride the coattails of all your other great brews. A "made in Belgium" label on a bottle of sugar water does the trick.

And I say sugar water since I once brewed a beer with a bunch of a weed I foraged, white sugar and Tang powder that tasted a lot like Stella.

2 hours ago, action said:

I went on a tour of the Düvel brewery once. It was a corporate thing. They got us drunk on beer and cheese pairing in the afternoon, then put us in a hot dark room and made us watch a PowerPoint on bike helmets. It was an excellent work trip. 

ATexas has another weather alert. Temperatures are over 100 degrees now.  I feel bad for the people who have to work outside. I don't know how they stand it.

Thank goodness for central a/c.

Since I've moved here the humidity numbers have gone higher in Texas which along with the Temps can be unbearable. I usually stay inside much of the summer months. The sun is just too hot.

I think with all the homes and places down here that use central a/c it has added to the heat index now. 

The weather people advise to stay inside as much as possible and drink plenty of water whether you feel like you need it or not?

Hate the long hot summers here in Texas. I'm hoping one day to move back north. Once my kid is old enough, but for now I'm stuck here.

Stay safe and stay cool

Most of the airlines have full planes now. Middle seats too.

Who the hell is going on vacation during this pandemic? I know Universal studios in Florida is open, but come on?

I think most people go on vacation in the summer months, but right now I would not want to be on any plane. Masks have to be worn, but you can't be distancing on a full plane.

I also heard on the news that over 600 or more TSA agents have tested positive for the virus.  Who is going to check out all those passengers and their bags?

There two separate incidents involving people without masks yesterday.

One woman went into a convenience store without a mask. The worker said no mask no service. She went raving about this is America and whatever! She left the store. Then she came back and spit on the counter. All on video for the whole world to see. What a stupid woman!

Another woman was shopping in fiesta supermarket without a mask. The manager told her to put on a mask or leave. She started to throw out all her groceries all over the store. then she left.

This was on channel 4 local Dallas news. The news reporter puts together video of crazy shit that goes on here so people can call them up and tell their view on it.

Anyway, one woman called up and she was a black woman, anyway, this is important to the story. She saw the video of this little white woman throwing out all her groceries and she said she was so glad to see this because now people will realize it's not just black people who do crazy shit. I just laughed and thought she made her point.

I mean what is the big fucking deal about wearing a mask to shop. It helps you and all the people around you. What do you shop for like 30 minutes? I think these people are just so self centered and they think the world revolves around them. Just so sad because if we don't get a handle on this virus by August, the fall/winter months will be worse with flu seasoning come in too.