General Chat / Random Musings

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

On ITV? Was there even any point in watching it on ITV? I first saw Beverly Hills Cop on ITV and for years I thought it didn’t have any swearing in it. Fuck knows what they did to Basic Instinct. :lol: 

They edited the bumming Jeanne Triplehorn scene a bit, the rest was reasonably intact.  I saw Bev Hills Cop 2 on ITV, they chopped it to bits.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Replies 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Cnut

• DieselDaisy

• Dazey

• SoulMonster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone, meet Genevieve Roseanne, who arrived on 23rd December. 

No booze for me last night. Early morning as usual.

Present from Uncle Lenny.

Posted Images

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I was born in 1982. 

How could you be finishing secondary school in 93-94 then?  Unless you were some genius kid they put forward in school, which you probably were now I think about it :lol: 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was born in 1982. 

How the fuck did you leave school in 94 then? Are you one of those savant fuckers who got 25 GCSEs at 12? :lol: 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

How could you be finishing secondary school in 93-94 then?  Unless you were some genius kid they put forward in school, which you probably were now I think about it :lol: 

I am sure I was making the switch from middle to high around the time Pulp Fiction came out. And I remember being in high school when the national lottery was launched. 

Just now, Dazey said:

How the fuck did you leave school in 94 then? Are you one of those savant fuckers who got 25 GCSEs at 12? :lol: 

Well he's certainly not thick, is he?  His recall for history is fuckin' astounding. 

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They edited the bumming Jeanne Triplehorn scene a bit, the rest was reasonably intact.  I saw Bev Hills Cop 2 on ITV, they chopped it to bits.

Were you like me one of the 80’s/90’s kids who suddenly realised that most of their favourite films were not what they thought as soon as the internet was invented? 

I am sure I was making the switch from middle to high around the time Pulp Fiction came out. And I remember being in high school when the national lottery was launched. 

Well thats 94 then innit, you started secondary school in 94, not finished it.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Well he's certainly not thick, is he?  His recall for history is fuckin' astounding. 

His recall of the early to mid 90’s is clearly rather suspect. :lol: 

Just now, Dazey said:

Were you like me one of the 80’s/90’s kids who suddenly realised that most of their favourite films were not what they thought as soon as the internet was invented? 

Nah, I remember knowing at the time, some of em were so badly cut, Robocop for example. 

Just now, Dazey said:

His recall of the early to mid 90’s is clearly rather suspect. :lol: 

:lol:

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Well thats 94 then innit, you started secondary school in 94, not finished it.

Why on earth would I be starting secondary in 1994. In 1994 I was about a year away from underage drinking, not playing with He-Man.

I believe I have discovered where the error lies. Clearly the two of you were both forced to repeat years due to being thick?

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Nah, I remember knowing at the time, some of em were so badly cut, Robocop for example. 

:lol:

Used to have Rave 92 on cassette. What a load of shite it was. It also had The Bouncer (''If your name's not down you're not coming in''). 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why on earth would I be starting secondary in 1994. In 1994 I was about a year away from underage drinking, not playing with He-Man.

Born in 82 right?  in 1994 you are 12 years old.  Secondary school, unless they call it something different up North is like 1st year to 5th (or 6 form if you end up going).  So if I'm born 83 and started secondary school in 94 then in 94 you'd be 2nd year of secondary school at best.  Maths ain't your strong suit, is it? :lol:  It ain't mine either but fuckin' hell :lol:

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Born in 82 right?  in 1994 you are 12 years old.  Secondary school, unless they call it something different up North is like 1st year to 5th (or 6 form if you end up going).  So if I'm born 83 and started secondary school in 94 then in 94 you'd be 2nd year of secondary school at best.  Maths ain't your strong suit, is it? :lol:  It ain't mine either but fuckin' hell :lol:

I was definitely either in the final year of secondary or first year of high school when Pulp Fiction was released. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was definitely either in the final year of secondary or first year of high school when Pulp Fiction was released. 

I think I've found the confusion here, high school and secondary school are the same thing, you call them something different where you're from apparently.  High school is what yanks call secondary school, it ain't a term that used here, or weren't when I was a kid anyway.  You start at nursery, then you have infant school, junior school (both of which come under primary school) then secondary school.  I thought thats what it was called across the country, apparently not, apparently you're bit a yankified in Northumberland. 

Edited by Len Cnut
10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Because you were born three years later than me and I left in 95 so 93(ish) would make sense. 

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I believe I have discovered where the error lies. Clearly the two of you were both forced to repeat years due to being thick?

:lol: Okay, I’ll take that just because it was funny. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think I've found the confusion here, high school and secondary school are the same thing, you call them something different where you're from apparently.  High school is what yanks call secondary school, it ain't a term that used here, or weren't when I was a kid anyway.  You start at nursery, then you have infant school, junior school (both of which come under primary school) then secondary school.  I thought thats what it was called across the country, apparently not, apparently you're bit a yankified in Northumberland. 

Primary School.

Middle School - I don't know why I was calling it ''secondary''. 

High School. 

Primary School.

Middle School - I don't know why I was calling it ''secondary''. 

High School. 

Down here its Primary School (divided into Infants and Juniors)

then Secondary School

Only place I heard the term high school used is on American TV shows and films.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Down here its Primary School (divided into Infants and Juniors)

then Secondary School

Only place I heard the term high school used is on American TV shows and films.

My school was even called Ridley High. 

(Shouldn't have mentioned that as Soul will be contacting them).

Edited by DieselDaisy
7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You only went to two schools?

Well yeah because my primary school had Infants and Juniors all in one...and no because I got expelled in year 9 of secondary school.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

No you're not, generation X is the generation before us, you're my age aren't you?  That makes you a millenial, how old were you at the turn of the century?  Teenager right?  That makes you a millenial, Generation X is like...people of Kurt Cobains generation.

I'm from 1981. I think I read somewhere that 1981 was right on the turning point. I'm the last of my kind, like the last of the mohicans. After me, it's all slack jawed…. well you know what word comes next :P

I think you're slightly younger if I'm correct. You just missed the boat. No worries though. with my help, you could turn into a real man. Lesson 1: mandatory viewing of the top gear movie. 

1 hour ago, action said:

I'm from 1981. I think I read somewhere that 1981 was right on the turning point. I'm the last of my kind, like the last of the mohicans. After me, it's all slack jawed…. well you know what word comes next :P

I think you're slightly younger if I'm correct. You just missed the boat. No worries though. with my help, you could turn into a real man. Lesson 1: mandatory viewing of the top gear movie. 

Generation X were a bunch of benders :lol: 

• Haha 2

i was Always more of a demi moore dude. basic instinct never appealed much to me. she had a pretty face but not boobs to speak of. demi was where it was at. so while you milennials were pausing the basic instinct VHS with crappy stills, I was watching "striptease" on DVD which was a godsend for pause. I remember the PS2 even had an option for slow motion forward. So I could make a 3 second clip last minutes, which was more than enough.