General Chat / Random Musings

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Generation X were a bunch of benders :lol: 

Nowt wrong with a bit of navel gazing fuckface! 

Not that I’ve seen mine in years. :lol: 

• Replies 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Len Cnut

• DieselDaisy

• Dazey

• SoulMonster

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone, meet Genevieve Roseanne, who arrived on 23rd December. 

No booze for me last night. Early morning as usual.

Present from Uncle Lenny.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

What is Generation X exactly? I always thought it was slackers from the 90s listening to Sonic Youth and getting jobs in IT.

Actually I've got no fucking clue what it is.

These lot look at the nowadays generation and think they’re pussies which, they reckon, makes em hard by default, forgetting that they are basically what you just mentioned, a bunch of Pearl Jam wankers that ended up working in IT, the way they go on you’d think they fought a world war :lol: 

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

These lot look at the nowadays generation and think they’re pussies which, they reckon, makes em hard by default, forgetting that they are basically what you just mentioned, a bunch of Pearl Jam wankers that ended up working in IT, the way they go on you’d think they fought a world war :lol: 

Fanny! :lol: 

• Haha 4
9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nasa now woked,

Gay Pride flags on the moon - you heard it here first.

That looks like a magical bellend. :lol: 

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nasa now woked,

Gay Pride flags on the moon - you heard it here first.

Nasa "canceled" the cosmos!  :facepalm:

"NASA will also no longer use the term “Siamese Twins Galaxy” to refer to NGC 4567 and NGC 4568, a pair of spiral galaxies found in the Virgo Galaxy Cluster. Moving forward, NASA will use only the official, International Astronomical Union designations in cases where nicknames are inappropriate."

We're all going to be talking like R2D2 in a few years.  

Edited by Ace Nova
47 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Nasa "canceled" the cosmos!  :facepalm:

"NASA will also no longer use the term “Siamese Twins Galaxy” to refer to NGC 4567 and NGC 4568, a pair of spiral galaxies found in the Virgo Galaxy Cluster. Moving forward, NASA will use only the official, International Astronomical Union designations in cases where nicknames are inappropriate."

We're all going to be talking like R2D2 in a few years.  

I don't get it.

first, minority groups are asking for more exposure with the general public, and then if they do it's not good either way

when gays ask for more exposure, why would it be wrong to call it, say, "the gay Galaxy cluster".

damned if you don't, damned if you do

24 minutes ago, action said:

you could pay me a million dollars and I still wouldn't go to the beach. this looks like an ant plague to me

Badgasten op het strand van Scheveningen | Foto: ANP

That's Scheveningen, isn't it? Considering we are suffering through a heatwave at the moment, I don't think it's so crowded compared to how it usually looks like during a heatwave.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

Also, little trivial fact for you all, the building you see in the above picture, is where The Rolling Stones played their first ever gig in mainland Europe in 1964. The show didn't last long because there was so much fan hysteria that the police had to come on stage and the band had to flee. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Also, little trivial fact for you all, the building you see in the above picture, is where The Rolling Stones played their first ever gig in mainland Europe in 1964. The show didn't last long because there was so much fan hysteria that the police had to come on stage and the band had to flee. 

Cuz your Nan went for Mick and nearly had his knackers off :lol: 

• Like 1

Exactly correct - Aug 08, 1964 - Kurhaus, Scheveningen, Holland - but it doesn't seem to have been connected with any ''tour'' but a random date, although they were in Paris in October. They had toured America before mainland Europe, and would soon go to America again, which is the opposite of The Beatles who had played France (not including their formative Hamburg sojourn) before touring the United States.

The Stones do not seem to have toured mainland Europe extensively until they played West Germany in September 1965, although they had played Scandinavia. 

You could say The Stones didn't care much for Europe.

50 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You could say The Stones didn't care much for Europe.

Maybe the destruction and all the people that got hurt during that gig scared them from playing other European places? Apparently they only played for ten minutes before shit got out of control, there's some great footage on YouTube. Brian Jones said afterwards that they will never play The Hague (Scheveningen belongs to The Hague) again, of course they didn't keep that promise.

Bikers say it's their right to get together in Surges South Dakota and many aren't distancing or wearing masks.

One guy was saying this virus is all a lie. The reporter asked him if he thought the whole world was in on it and how can he not believe the number of sick and those who have died.

Not sure if he knew the answer. He only cared about going to this event, which SD should have cancelled and had the army at the borders to stop these jerks from riding around this city. I don't see many wearing masks and all the bikes are next to each.

CNN talked to the guy in charge. I don't think he gives a shit since this event brings in mucho money to his city.

Even testing their 7,000 residents at the end of the rally (it's 10 day) won't stop the spread of the virus. Not to mention these bikers going back to their home states while riding their Harley's through many more states.

God help us!

And Trump thinks Congress is just going to let him send checks out? Oh Please! Pelosi is already bitching it won't happen.

Meanwhile, people are out of work, can't pay their bills, standing on food lines.

I don't know what has happened to the US?

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

Maybe the destruction and all the people that got hurt during that gig scared them from playing other European places? Apparently they only played for ten minutes before shit got out of control, there's some great footage on YouTube. Brian Jones said afterwards that they will never play The Hague (Scheveningen belongs to The Hague) again, of course they didn't keep that promise.

During the years, many bands have had fans get hurt or die. It's sad because many of these places are so huge and once the band comes on, they push to see better.

The only concert that has never had any problems was the 1969 Woodstock. Everyone was happy and no injuries at all.

Maybe the pot was better back in those days?

7 hours ago, EvanG said:

That's Scheveningen, isn't it? Considering we are suffering through a heatwave at the moment, I don't think it's so crowded compared to how it usually looks like during a heatwave.

I guess living in Texas we are lucky to have central air. Even though it's hot here, I'd rather stay inside especially with this pandemic now.

Also going to the beach with the sun and sand, God, hate it!

Watch out for the sharks! It's Shark week again and they are hungry!

I watched this show called "The Unexplained" hosted by Bill Shatner (Captain Kirk)

This show had all these different underground cities that were built thousands of years ago. Many people lived underground so their enemies wouldn't find them. Many of the tunnels were very narrow so only one person at a time could pass through. Easier to get to them first before they got to the main part of the city.

Anyway, it also showed this cavern I forgot where, that had these huge crystal structures. They were huge. The temperatures are very high and the humidity is 100%, so you can't stay in there longer then 15 minutes or you can cook. Now they have protective gear so you can stay and explore about 30 minutes. Anyway, they took exrays or something of these structures. There were living organisms living in them. The were actually moving around inside these things. Very weird.

The show also had the underground places to protect our leaders if/when a huge nuclear would happen. It has many people always watching anything that occurs in the US and around the world.

These places are built underground but also inside mountains. Mountains can protect these places from any nuclear blast. But who knows?\

What was interesting was: When they were building the Denver airport there were huge holes dug into and around the airport.

Bill said people think these are tunnels that go from the airport to the underground shelter. They also speculated that there might be underground tunnels all around the US that can take you to the shelters without taking a plane or any other transportation. All the tunnels are connected and can lead you to many different shelters.

I wonder if this is true? I know we do have underground shelters mostly in the west and south, but tunnels that can lead you there? I found it very interesting.

And also in northern China many people live in houses that are built underground. You can see the squares from above. Some are small and others are big and have light and underground plumbing. It's also temperature controlled. I wonder is these people who live like this are safe from the corona virus? I think the show was filmed before it hit.

Anyway, amazing how people from thousands of years ago had the knowledge and tools to build these underground cities. The one guy said modern man couldn't build these things even today.

Shit like this amazes me. With the way the earth is going, we might one day have to live underground again. At least some of us will. Most of us would probably be nuked by then.

Stay well. Wear a mask.

12 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I guess living in Texas we are lucky to have central air. 

You’ve got to take your wins where you can get them I suppose. :lol: 

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I guess living in Texas we are lucky to have central air. Even though it's hot here, I'd rather stay inside especially with this pandemic now.

We have A/C too obviously! But most households here don't have it because our summers are not as hot as yours, but I fear the future because we are heading in that direction.