The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

On a more serious note, I did use to experience what they call ''hangover shakes'' in my hands after a night of heavy drinking. But I suppose that's quite common, hm?

Oh, wow. Cant say I've ever experienced that. I dont know why but that sounds scary to me. Was it? 

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, wow. Cant say I've ever experienced that. I dont know why but that sounds scary to me. Was it? 

In my case it was barely noticeable... it's like a slight tremble in your hand for a little while the next morning. I don't know... it comes with the territory when you're a heavy drinker, I haven't experienced them in years, though.

18 minutes ago, EvanG said:

In my case it was barely noticeable... it's like a slight tremble in your hand for a little while the next morning. I don't know... it comes with the territory when you're a heavy drinker, I haven't experienced them in years, though.

- Only legends will understand - :headbang:

There was a time not long ago where I seem to have woken up still drunk... I prefer that bodily response.

3 hours ago, soon said:

- Only legends will understand - :headbang:

There was a time not long ago where I seem to have woken up still drunk... I prefer that bodily response.

If I could permanently stay in that first stage of tipsiness that I usually reach after 5 or 6 drinks, life sure would be grand. 

• Like 1

No idea who Phil Mitchell is. But I reckon the hangover shakes have a lot to do with dehydration. Before I never drank water because that kills the buzz, now I drink a lot of it once I'm finished with the booze, and it really does help prevent the worst hangovers.

5 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I am alcohol free 15 years. Fucked me right up.... But I vicariously love heavy drinkers still, my mates all are boozers even though I’m not anymore. They never wreck the fucking gaff like I did 😂😂

FYI Weed = No hangover. (So I’ve heard like.....) 

I know too well of which you speak my friend.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:24 AM, Len Cnut said:

Nah, thats Yul Brynner...or Telly Savalas perhaps?

They dead, you need to be annihilated on whisky smashing up bars with a pool cue to qualify.  And be bald. Alive, bald and violent - a New Years resolution for everyone. 

On 28/12/2019 at 10:21 PM, DieselDaisy said:

It is heavy drinking if you have the shakes. Usually whiskey drinking produces the sweats, shakes and the blotchy skin, and leaves one with a face like Phil Mitchell.

Thats what I always considered to be alcoholism, when you get the shits and the shakes and you like...NEED it, you have alcohol dependent cells in your body.  Alkies can die from detoxing.  But I've since learnt that, nowadays, any repetitive pattern drinking, like 5 pints a day, thats considered alcoholism.  If thats the case I was an alcoholic through my late teens, 20s and my early 30s which is bollocks. 

On 1/1/2020 at 8:23 AM, wasted said:

The god of bald men at the very least. 

Forever in Grant's shadow.

My mate was telling me he's off the drink throughout January, so I said I'd join him in doing so. I always tend to blow the arse out of it during the festive period so the break will do me good.

Haven’t had a drink since New Year’s Eve... 13 days. Prior to that I’d been going pretty hard for about 9 months... it was seriously making me feel like shit all of the time both physically and mentally, not to mention the bad decisions I was making which seemed to be getting more common place...

i just have this feeling that my drinking days are over. Time to get some weed.

I drink these by the dozens:

asset-1931280.jpg

I drank a whole six pack the other day. yeah, I was wasted all right.

kidding aside, it tastes like camel piss the first couple of cans, then it becomes the other way around and real beer tastes like crap. now it tastes like pamela anderson pissing in your mouth

if you're not addicted in the real sense of the words, but you still need some daily "drinking routine" that does not involve water or lemonade, I found this to be a pretty great alternative.

I very rarely drink alcohol these days, and when I do I stop with one or two glasses. I've come to a point where alcohol does not give me any benefit. When I want to be "off the world" these days so to speak, I play a match of mortal kombat or a rally game or something, something that requires all your attention. it empties the head just as well as alcohol (minus the side effects)

So I drank 3 shots of Jager Meister, 5 glasses of red wine, 1 glass of white wine, and 5 beers tonight. I haven't had a drop of alcohol since Christmas and I figured that after 4 weeks of no alcohol my tolerance would be out of the window but I'm barely even buzzed. There's something unsettling about this...