The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

I've been off the booze since the start of lockdown. I thought I'd try and keep a clear head and healthy body and do you know what it's given me clarity and peace....ok the gays have stopped reading now...been out in the garden for hours had a few cans already and I'm going to be fucking twatted later.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

What is the go to Norwegian beer?  

I don't think we have any. It is so fragmented. You have the big ones, and every city has "their" beer, then you have lots of smaller breweries that churn out new types every morning or so. Where I grew up the most popular beer was Christiansand's bruggeri and where I live now it is Dahls. They're all pretty weak lagers. Nothing to write home about. 

On 19/04/2020 at 8:30 AM, action said:

Hope I don't lose my membership card after taking you there! :P

and the next time you come over, we definately have to visit the "in the vrede" westvleteren brasserie, the only place in the world where westvleteren is served, in the middle of the flanders fields. You'd have to ignore the monks and religious symbols though - it's a monastery. Gotte do some effort so taste "the best beer in the world".

http://www.indevrede.be/home.php?lang=en

I've just realised that I was trying to sound knowledgeable to an American while actually just looking like a condescending wanker to a Belgian. :lol:  

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

Truth be told, Belgians got nothing on Americans when it comes to beer. They were good at establishing marvelous sours (kriek, geuze), Trappist beers and Belgian style triple and so on, but it's been long since it stagnated and today the innovation takes place in USA with their focus on IPAs, stouts, wild yeasts and funky colabs. Just my opinion, though. 

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

I've just realised that I was trying to sound knowledgeable to an American while actually just looking like a condescending wanker to a Belgian. :lol:  

yeah, to be honest I thought your choice of "delirium tremens" was a bit awkward and so unlike you. The only people I know who visited that place, are pimps, pushers, pedophiles and, eh... trump supporters. 

wait, did I just confess I know those kind of people? Dammit, another joke that's one me.

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Truth be told, Belgians got nothing on Americans when it comes to beer.

see, you love america! @DieselDaisy

They were good at establishing marvelous sours (kriek, geuze), Trappist beers and Belgian style triple and so on, but it's been long since it stagnated and today the innovation takes place in USA with their focus on IPAs, stouts, wild yeasts and funky colabs. Just my opinion, though. 

I knew you were a trump fan! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

just never liked the feeling of been drunk.

Being drunk is fun for about 10 minutes, then it gets boring and you wish the room would stop spinning. But that stage between tipsytown and drunkenville is the best. Sometimes it's hard to stay there, it's easy to take it too far and get drunk, but I've become quite good at keeping that buzz going without entering drunkenville. It also prevents you from having a hangover. I hardly get drunk these days. I suppose some people would call the stage I'm talking about as being drunk, but as long as I'm not talking gibberish and able to walk without stumbling, I am good.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...