The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Anyone else hate drinking out of cans?

Yeah I do, you miss out on a lot of the flavour experience.

I only ever drink from a glass/mug, depending on the style of beer.

let me guess, drinking from a glass is considered bougie over there? :lol:

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah I do, you miss out on a lot of the flavour experience.

I only ever drink from a glass/mug, depending on the style of beer.

let me guess, drinking from a glass is considered bougie over there? :lol:

I dunno, I don’t think so, every pub in the land serves in glasses soooo...I mean don’t get me wrong, I’ll have a can if its all that’s going but I prefer a glass.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno, I don’t think so, every pub in the land serves in glasses soooo...I mean don’t get me wrong, I’ll have a can if its all that’s going but I prefer a glass.

Right on, yeah I guess I meant when you drink at home. It only becomes bougie when you toss the glass in the dishwasher - Im doing my best to understand! 

I do feel that there are occasions for drinking directly from a bottle though. Like around a camp fire. Sometimes its just good to hold a crisp bottle of beer in your hands.

26 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Anyone else hate drinking out of cans?

I didnt used to but i always have to have a proper glass now. Better than a plastic cup in a pub when it spills everywhere. Places should have a sign on the window saying they're serving in plastic so you know to avoid it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, soon said:

toss the glass in the dishwasher

I have never owned a dishwasher and I doubt I ever will. I really don't see the point. It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to do the dishes by hand, why would I need a machine?!

And I usually only drink beer from a bottle.

24 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I have never owned a dishwasher and I doubt I ever will. I really don't see the point. It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to do the dishes by hand, why would I need a machine?!

And I usually only drink beer from a bottle.

If you had a disability or larger family you might want one? Or a shitty sink in a tiny space. Or if you did all your cooking for a week in a few hours. I also use mine to sanitize stuff for canning, yogurt and cheese making, and home brewing. And after a brew day - you need to get the kitchen tidy and you are too tired to wash it all up by hand.

Mine is also energy rated for using less water then equivalent dishes by hand. I can also make my own powered detergent for the machine way easier than I can make my own liquid dish soap.

But I definitely know people who really enjoy washing dishes by hand, they like it as a meditative activity. Im that way about doing my laundry by hand and cant understand why people would rather use a machine for that! lol

I love holding a cold bottle of beer in my hands. And the 'glug, glug.' Nothing beats it sometimes. Just miss out on smelling the 'noise' as I tip it to drink though.

Edited by soon

31 minutes ago, soon said:

If you had a disability or larger family you might want one? Or a shitty sink in a tiny space. Or if you did all your cooking for a week in a few hours. I also use mine to sanitize stuff for canning, yogurt and cheese making, and home brewing. And after a brew day - you need to get the kitchen tidy and you are too tired to wash it all up by hand.

Mine is also energy rated for using less water then equivalent dishes by hand. I can also make my own powered detergent for the machine way easier than I can make my own liquid dish soap.

But I definitely know people who really enjoy washing dishes by hand, they like it as a meditative activity. Im that way about doing my laundry by hand and cant understand why people would rather use a machine for that! lol

With a disability it can get tricky, but I suppose you can say the same about loading and unloading the dishwasher. But that's a good point.

I understand the value of a dishwasher for a restaurant, but at home it takes almost as much time to load and unload the dishwasher as it does to do it by hand in my experience, plus you are wasting less water (if you don't use a lot) and electricity.

You make good points, though, but for me personally, it would be a waste of money. I don't enjoy it, but I don't mind those few minutes every day to do the dishes, and I'm quite lazy.

I love holding a cold bottle of beer in my hands. And the 'glug, glug.' Nothing beats it sometimes. Just miss out on smelling the 'noise' as I tip it to drink though.

Exactly, and you can have some fun with them after a few too many,

29 minutes ago, EvanG said:

With a disability it can get tricky, but I suppose you can say the same about loading and unloading the dishwasher. But that's a good point.

I understand the value of a dishwasher for a restaurant, but at home it takes almost as much time to load and unload the dishwasher as it does to do it by hand in my experience, plus you are wasting less water (if you don't use a lot) and electricity.

You make good points, though, but for me personally, it would be a waste of money. I don't enjoy it, but I don't mind those few minutes every day to do the dishes, and I'm quite lazy.

Exactly, and you can have some fun with them after a few too many,

I wanna go to that church! :lol: Too cool! :headbang:

I still believe the sticker on the back of my dishwasher that says my dishwasher conserves more water though :P

Sounds like youd prefer a Scrubba Bag for your laundry then too! Theyre great.

According to this instructional video, playing the jug is basically making fart noises. So perfectly suited for you and I :lol:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Read this a few times in my life, little story, Joe Strummer once ran the Paris marathon, having had 10 pints the night before and, presumably, not training or anything, aside from The Clashes reasonably energetic stage shows (hardly running even in those).  Surely that can’t be true.  I mean he definitely ran the Paris Marathon and he couldn’t’ve trained much for it but 10 pints the night before as well?

44 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Read this a few times in my life, little story, Joe Strummer once ran the Paris marathon, having had 10 pints the night before and, presumably, not training or anything, aside from The Clashes reasonably energetic stage shows (hardly running even in those).  Surely that can’t be true.  I mean he definitely ran the Paris Marathon and he couldn’t’ve trained much for it but 10 pints the night before as well?

I guess it's different for everyone? 10 pints isn't that much for an experienced drinker, surely?

On July 10, 2020 at 6:28 PM, Silverburst80 said:

Yes....unless it's a Sapporo i just love drinking out of those big silver bastards for whatever reason.

Is "big silver bastards" one of your go to search term/categories too? :P:lol:j/k

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I guess it's different for everyone? 10 pints isn't that much for an experienced drinker, surely?

Its not the 10 pints, I can do 10 pints...not sure I could run a marathon after.  In fact I’m fuckin’ positive I couldn’t.  

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its not the 10 pints, I can do 10 pints...not sure I could run a marathon after.  In fact I’m fuckin’ positive I couldn’t.  

I had about 10 pints last week. I woke up feeling as fresh and energized as always, due to a good night sleep. But I don't get hangovers easily. Had he come in with the first couple of dozen, then yeah... I can't imagine pulling that off untrained and with 10 pints the night before, but if you set your mind to it, you should be able to run a marathon, at least I don't think 10 pints are crucial enough to make the difference for every person, but it obviously depends on several factors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I had about 10 pints last week. I woke up feeling as fresh and energized as always, due to a good night sleep. But I don't get hangovers easily. Had he come in with the first couple of dozen, then yeah... I can't imagine pulling that off untrained and with 10 pints the night before, but if you set your mind to it, you should be able to run a marathon, at least I don't think 10 pints are crucial enough to make the difference for every person, but it obviously depends on several factors.

Well I fuckin’ certainly couldn’t do it, 26 miles, fuck that.  His time was 3 hours and 20 mins apparently.

On 29/07/2020 at 9:57 PM, Len Cnut said:

Well I fuckin’ certainly couldn’t do it, 26 miles, fuck that.  His time was 3 hours and 20 mins apparently.

You cant run a 26 mile marathon after 10 pints? Seriously? 

When ive finished my triathlon on Sunday I'll ask my doctor what you should do about that.