The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

no more drinks for me.

I've bought a small piper champagne bottle for the holidays, but it lays unopened in the fridge.

Listening to Elvis a lot lately made me reflect on the dangers of addiction. I also watched some docus about alcohol addicted people who went to south africa to clean up, come back a "different man" and then committed suicide couple of years later after relapse

corona had me almost developing a habit, but I'm going to shut it down again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Drinking Update-

I accomplished my goal of passing 6 months without drinking. Not one beer, not one sip, nothing. 

During that time, I re-learned how to have fun without drinking. It was VERY awkward at first, but I got a good handle on it about a month into it. 

I hit the 6 month mark about a week before my birthday which was last Saturday. So I decided my birthday party would be a good time to ease myself back in. 

Now that I learned how to have fun without depending on alcohol, I want to learn how to actually drink in moderation instead of feeling the need to drink a shit load once I start. 

I had 4 very weak beers over the course of the party and it was more awkward then anything lol. Last night, I had some Old Fashioneds with a friend which went a lot smoother. I had 3 over the course of 4 hours or so. That's a stark contrast to the 8 or 10 I would have had prior to this whole experiment. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess im officially a basic bitch in her 30's who drinks wine now :shrugs:

I found this brand called Stella Rosa that makes good stuff. I dont thinks its technically wine since its low alcohol ,only 5% per bottle, but im not a wine person so i dont know what constitutes what. Anyways for this Thanksgiving I said fuck it and bought a total of 12 bottles, all different flavors to try, and by the time the day rolled around I had 10 left. 

Up till now I've been stone sober, not even beer which i love has not sounded good to me. But this stuff is like fizzy juice and it takes the edge off which i need right now.

Still cant believe I'm a wino now :facepalm: I use to make fun of those bitches!

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
48 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

7 drinks deep 11:30pm and I have to meet my parents in 12 hours. This should be fun. 

I once had a coke bender and at least 20 beers, crashed for an hour or so, and went to a hockey game with my mom and her husband. On cowbell night. We went to a bar to pregame beforehand. That was a fun one to try and maintain through. Never touched that shit again after that comedown.

• 4 weeks later...

FINALLY managed to get my hands on a few cans of Steve Austin’s Broken Skull IPA and what a delight it truly is. Hopefully it’ll be more accessible in the UK going forward rather than paying the premiums to get it imported.

20 hours ago, Dean said:

FINALLY managed to get my hands on a few cans of Steve Austin’s Broken Skull IPA and what a delight it truly is. Hopefully it’ll be more accessible in the UK going forward rather than paying the premiums to get it imported.

The Aussie guy who got killed by a stingray?

• Haha 2