The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

It has the chance of being a cagey affair to a point because the way Canelo wins is by being a spoiler, at least thats one possibility but with the styles of the two men it has to open up at some point, i cant see Canelo dancing like Ali, it aint in his make up.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

It has the chance of being a cagey affair to a point because the way Canelo wins is by being a spoiler, at least thats one possibility but with the styles of the two men it has to open up at some point, i cant see Canelo dancing like Ali, it aint in his make up.

It won't go the distance i don't think, a 5 or 6 rounder. My heads saying Golovkin...just.

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I'd say it was closer than all the talking heads are making it out to be. But having said that, this ain't the first time that one judge has been in the spotlight. When someone like me knows your name as a boxing judge, that's not good.

Yeah the result itself isn't that out of the realms of possibility, it's just how the fuck one of them basically gave 10 rounds to Canelo that is utterly insane and completely unjustifiable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not think Canelo was that good really. He did a bit of dancing occasionally and minced around the ring but Golovkin was unstoppable and had him on the ropes about five or so times.

Canelo pretty well known to be a counter puncher and probably become even more of a "defensive" boxer since his loss to Mayweather, Golovkin is just relentless and chases people around the ring and throws a greater volume of punches.  I appreciated both their styles i think they both had great moments, fucking granite chins the both of them....recall a vicious right hook Canelo just laughed off from Golovkin and GGG copped a nasty uppercut flush on the chin from Canelo and he just smirked.

Some cracking fights coming up, Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko, Anthony Joshua v Pulev, Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz, David Haye vs Tony Bellew II seems like its on, Hughie Furys fighting Joseph Parker for the WBO strap this weekend.  Plus the two Liams fighting in Newcastle...and those are just the Len picks.

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Some cracking fights coming up, Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko, Anthony Joshua v Pulev, Deontay Wilder vs Luis Ortiz, David Haye vs Tony Bellew II seems like its on, Hughie Furys fighting Joseph Parker for the WBO strap this weekend.  Plus the two Liams fighting in Newcastle...and those are just the Len picks.

I don't think i've actually watched the heavyweights go round since the late nineties early 2000's!, mainly watch the midleweights (Roy Jones Jr my favourite of all time) Which one is the pick of the bunch?

Edited by Silverburst80

13 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

I don't think i've actually watched the heavyweights go round since the late nineties early 2000's!, mainly watch the midleweights (Roy Jones Jr my favourite of all time) Which one is the pick of the bunch?

Pick of who, the heavyweights?  To be quite honest they are all slightly naff :lol:  By which i mean they have strengths and weaknesses in equal measure, which is what makes it so intriguing, its a pick em thing among the elite heavyweights, i could see either doing all the others...I honestly think Tyson Fury is the pick of the lot of em but whether we'll ever see him in the ring is anyones guess.

But Joseph Parker, Anthony Joshua, King Kong Ortiz, Deontay Wilder, either of those could do all the others on a good night.  Lucas Browne too though he seems like the one most likely to be found out very quickly.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Pick of who, the heavyweights?  To be quite honest they are all slightly naff :lol:  By which i mean they have strengths and weaknesses in equal measure, which is what makes it so intriguing, its a pick em thing among the elite heavyweights, i could see either doing all the others...I honestly think Tyson Fury is the pick of the lot of em but whether we'll ever see him in the ring is anyones guess.

But Joseph Parker, Anthony Joshua, King Kong Ortiz, Deontay Wilder, either of those could do all the others on a good night.  

Yeah sorry i meant the heavyweights ( i recognized most of the names to be heavyweight).