The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

7 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I have a black and gold addidas t shirt depending on what I wear with it it works alright but I fear of looking a bit chav 

I don't really worry about shit like that man, wear what you like, all that chav stuff is a bunch of bullshit, just an acceptable way to be racist to working class white people, its bollocks.  Mind you I've been called chavvy myself before now :lol:

17 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Going to box office it ... you reckon it will be worth the score?

Possibly.  I don't mind the 20 quid myself just to see the fuckin' thing in comfort.  I've had more than a lifetime of fuckin' pirate films, taped off the telly shit and dodgy streams, its certainly worth my 20 quid.

Sound advice m8 will order it on the red button tonight 

Something about growing up working class and not with a lot of money has instilled some weird ideas in my head.  I never like...search for the best deal with things?  Y'know how its like the age of the price comparison website, I'm always like right whats the best one, how much does it cost, there you go.  I just want that peace of mind where I pay for something and I get the fuckin' service I want.  Sick of like...mickey mouse things.  So yeah, I'd rather just bung my fuckin' 20 quid down and get my what I've paid for. 

Nah im the same Bruv ... Been dicked about by didgey streams and pirate dvds for too many years... I'm older and wiser now when I was a lad we had fuck all so gotta treat myself to some legit purchases 

And the worst of the lot, dodgy cable boxes :lol:  Its a funny thing though now I'm older I ain't really that bothered about Sky and cable and all that but I've actually got it.  Would've appreciated it a lot more when I was younger.

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Avoidance of the score. You only have to wait about one hour. Then you can just pretend it is live. Means I have saved £20 and I'm not supporting Thatcherite corporate monopolies.

It ain't the fuckin' 70s Dies' :lol:  I could never be bothered with that, I'd just end up looking up the result.

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It ain't the fuckin' 70s Dies' :lol:  I could never be bothered with that, I'd just end up looking up the result.

All these sports should be on terrestrial. I haven't even got sky. Refuse to give them a penny when they paywalled cricket after 2005 (thus burying the sport).

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

All these sports should be on terrestrial. I haven't even got sky. Refuse to give them a penny when they paywalled cricket after 2005 (thus burying the sport).

I'm too old and tired to care to deprive myself of something I enjoy just to make a point no one cares about.  Sky ain't sittin' there scratchin' their chins goin' 'fuck me, missing Dies' custom is really putting a dent in our fiscal returns' :lol:

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I'm too old and tired to care to deprive myself of something I enjoy just to make a point no one cares about.  Sky ain't sittin' there scratchin' their chins goin' 'fuck me, missing Dies' custom is really putting a dent in our fiscal returns' :lol:

Probably not but they're still not getting a penny from me. 

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Probably not but they're still not getting a penny from me. 

Like I said, too old and tired to care, let the multi-nationals have the world, I've probably only got another two score years of life left in me, if I'm lucky, after that i don't care what happens :lol:

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not depriving myself of anything though.

Then there’s the difference, i enjoy watching boxing, especially live, its a social thing as much as anything else, even if its not a top level fight you have a few lads round and have a bit of a laugh.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Possibly.  I don't mind the 20 quid myself just to see the fuckin' thing in comfort.  I've had more than a lifetime of fuckin' pirate films, taped off the telly shit and dodgy streams, its certainly worth my 20 quid.

I always try to make it out to the pub for any decent fights that are on at a reasonable time. Have a few jars and watch it with a bit of atmosphere rather than loitering at home. :D 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I always try to make it out to the pub for any decent fights that are on at a reasonable time. Have a few jars and watch it with a bit of atmosphere rather than loitering at home. :D 

I used to do that a bit but to be honest in that situation I just end up fucking off the fight eventually :lol:  And I'm a bit of a trainspotter when it comes to the boxing so I like it at home where I can have a good solid wank over it.

9 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

If it is $90, that is a major discount from the first one.  I believe the first one was $200.

Nah, i was sayin’ the first one was 90 dollars for you lot, its a number I remember being thrown around at the time, was it 200 then?  Fuck me, thats even worse!  Thats 2 grams of sniff and drinks all night, a munch on the way home and still change left over!

• Haha 1