The Boxing Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is, yes   Up North they even bung it on the end of sentences, inexplicably!  Example: Normal Human Being:  Alright Ted, where you off to? Northern Pig:  I’m off up t’pub like!

The fight that Leonard claimed 'taught me survival' and also led to his retina problems later.

I laugh heartily at anyone who paid for that shitshow.

I had the Canelo/GGG fight even at 6 rounds a piece and I see no problem with a scorecard of 115-113 In Canelo's favor. I thought Canelo won a lot of the early rounds with GGG winning the second half of the fight with exception of the 12th round which I scored 10-9 for Canelo. Very good fight, a third fight Is a must. I was a fan and was pulling for GGG but he showed what he was all about by leaving the ring without giving an Interview. 

Think the fight was close,really close but GGG shaded it for me

I said before the only way GGG was winning is if he got the ko!

I hoped he would,doesn't mean i don't think it was a close fight,it clearly was but for me GGG won a close battle,like he did the first time around.

But! It's all subjective i guess and there are folks who will argue canello won but i think like first time around GGG did enough to win,close yes but to me he won

A 3rd fight? No thanks as it will be close again and the judges would spoil it again

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7268665/how-heavyweight-champion-anthony-joshua-is-steering-dozens-of-inner-city-teens-away-from-crime-by-introducing-them-to-boxing/

In an exclusive interview ahead of AJ’s big fight on Saturday, Fawad reveals the man he calls “Josh” is battling to steer dozens of wayward teens like him away from the streets.

AJ, 28, said to be worth more than £40million, will be watched by an estimated 50million people worldwide when he clashes with Russian slugger Alexander Povetkin, 39, at Wembley Stadium next weekend.

But despite the fame and fortune the charismatic star still finds the time to mentor his proteges . . .  catching up with them daily on Snapchat.

Fawad told the Sun on Sunday: “Josh knows what our lives are like and he told me he used to get into fights and hustle.

“But he said, ‘If you make £100k from selling stuff on the streets you can’t enjoy that because you can’t buy a car or a house — the taxman will ask you how you got all that money.’

:lol:

I love how there's no moral objection, just the fact you can't hide it from the tax man :lol:

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

So basically you just wanna see Floyd get his neck snapped? :lol: 

He could have killed McGregor couldn’t he? Can’t he train like McGregor did for boxing. 

Edited by wasted
14 minutes ago, wasted said:

He could have killed McGregor couldn’t he? Can’t he train like McGregor did for boxing. 

McGregor trained to hone boxing skills which, to a basic level, he already employed.  Floyd has never wrestled, MMA-ed, whatever its called, in his life, he would get shagged.  Also, it'll never happen, its all a big wind up, quite frankly he could've destroyed McGregor in the first two rounds if he wanted to, he just knew he couldn't because they would've got pelted out of the arena, he CLEARLY carried McGregor.  Would McGregor do the same?  Or would it be in his interest to shag Floyd senseless?  Clearly the latter. 

Edited by Len Cnut
16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

McGregor trained to hone boxing skills which, to a basic level, he already employed.  Floyd has never wrestled, MMA-ed, whatever its called, in his life, he would get shagged.  Also, it'll never happen, its all a big wind up, quite frankly he could've destroyed McGregor in the first two rounds if he wanted to, he just knew he couldn't because they would've got pelted out of the arena, he CLEARLY carried McGregor.  Would McGregor do the same?  Or would it be in his interest to shag Floyd senseless?  Clearly the latter. 

Overall it’s all a bit too fake. I guess I just want to watch a big fight that isn’t rubbish. But that is like a casual fan wanting the World Cup final to be like 4-3 drama fest. Real fights are 0-0 with an offside goal to decide it in extra time. 

35 minutes ago, wasted said:

Overall it’s all a bit too fake. I guess I just want to watch a big fight that isn’t rubbish. But that is like a casual fan wanting the World Cup final to be like 4-3 drama fest. Real fights are 0-0 with an offside goal to decide it in extra time. 

Should've watched GGG vs Canelo this weekend then

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Should've watched GGG vs Canelo this weekend then

PPV?

You sort of have to be really into it to know. Although I used to watch Friday Night Fights when it was on. I need pundits to explain it. I’ve got about 8,000 channels though so it’s not like I can’t watch somekind of boxing. There’s always UFC on ESPN. 

35 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Would be tempted to give it a go for the 100 Million they got paid in the last fight.

As soon as they grabbed me I would just tap out 

I ain't goin' out like that, I'd at least try to kick em in the bollocks first :lol:

15 hours ago, wasted said:

PPV?

You sort of have to be really into it to know. Although I used to watch Friday Night Fights when it was on. I need pundits to explain it. I’ve got about 8,000 channels though so it’s not like I can’t watch somekind of boxing. There’s always UFC on ESPN. 

It get posted to ytube seconds after the fight goes final, so with minimal effort, you can avoid spoilers, and watch it as if it were live.

GGG won a razer thin decision imo.

Paq May II is a joke, 0.0% chance of me buying that.  Don't care.

True you can always watch it next day. Something about live though. I like all the build up too. 

Even football all the punditry is funny. MOTD I miss that. I used to get torrents but it’s all over now. 

Mygnr Mortal Kombat streaming live!

Street Fighter IV. 

6 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

It get posted to ytube seconds after the fight goes final, so with minimal effort, you can avoid spoilers, and watch it as if it were live.

GGG won a razer thin decision imo.

Paq May II is a joke, 0.0% chance of me buying that.  Don't care.

I’ll watch/buy it, I’ve paid for worser shit than that, plus its only 20 quid here, i hear you yankers pay 90 dollars, fuck that.