The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Selling me Arse for a PPV a go if anyone is interested I will be around the back of the Horse and Jockey pub at 6PM every night 

I’ll be the one next to you with a ‘will wank for pennies’ sign.

Edited by Len Cnut

34 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Len I got a question for ya Do you think Mayweather will stay on if he beats Pacman apparently he wants it to a be a fight for his belt so surely if he wins the belt he has to defend it?

No, he’ll quit again, he just dips in for the biggest most convenient paydays, he’s often fought for titles then retired right after, De La Hoya, Hatton etc

53 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

But do you think this is really " The last one " ? 

40 is still a relatively young age for a boxer 

40s fuckin' aincent for a boxer man, I mean they're starting to crack that barrier now, more so with heavyweights but its very old for a boxer...especially one like Floyd whoose been boxing since he was a baby.  There is a minority of fighters with a modicum of success at that age but its very old for a boxer.  With new training methods and good nutrition they are pushing the boundaries but boxers over 40 are like rarities.

Edited by Len Cnut

7 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Really??? Show's how much I know man could of sworn the likes of Lennox Lewis Tyson ect where going into there mid/late 40's .. Then again they where heavy weight fighters 

Tyson retired when he was 39 and he was fucked as a fighter long before that.  He'd been phoning it in for years at that point.  Lewis retired at like 36 I think, something like that. 

13 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Nah, i was sayin’ the first one was 90 dollars for you lot, its a number I remember being thrown around at the time, was it 200 then?  Fuck me, thats even worse!  Thats 2 grams of sniff and drinks all night, a munch on the way home and still change left over!

And a whore, not a high class one, but still, a knob polish is a knob polish.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/9/20/17884034/deontay-wilder-tyson-fury-targeted-for-december-1st-at-staples-center

What a cracking card that would be

Gervonta Davis vs Abner Mares

Leo Santa Cruz vs Gary Russell Jr

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder

best fuckin' card I've seen in yonks if they pull it off.  Each one of those fights on its own is worth a PPV.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Out of curiosity, how much would you win if the Russian wins, from a tenner? (I know nothing about gambling)

your return would be 80 quid, 7 to 1 means for every 1 pound you put on you get 7 back. The reason the return'd be 80 and not 70 is because you'd get the tenner you put in back as well.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

your return would be 80 quid, 7 to 1 means for every 1 pound you put on you get 7 back. 

It was 500 to 1 for an England victory during Headingley 1981, ''Botham's Ashes'', when the Aussies had England following on 227 runs behind. Apparently Lillee and Marsh stuck a tenner on an England victory.  

43 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Is that strictly legal?

It was 1981. These were incredibly hairy men who wore Brut and slugged beer in the pavilion.

There were actually allegations Australia had thrown it, but as Lillee and Marsh both said, ''if we were going to throw it, we'd have put a lot more than a tenner on the poms winning''.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It was 1981. These were incredibly hairy men who wore Brut and slugged beer in the pavilion.

There were actually allegations Australia had thrown it, but as Lillee and Marsh both said, ''if we were going to throw it, we'd have put a lot more than a tenner on the poms winning''.

I was thinking just that actually :lol: