Jump to content

The Boxing Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is, yes   Up North they even bung it on the end of sentences, inexplicably!  Example: Normal Human Being:  Alright Ted, where you off to? Northern Pig:  I’m off up t’pub like!

The fight that Leonard claimed 'taught me survival' and also led to his retina problems later.

I laugh heartily at anyone who paid for that shitshow.

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Avoidance of the score. You only have to wait about one hour. Then you can just pretend it is live. Means I have saved £20 and I'm not supporting Thatcherite corporate monopolies.

It ain't the fuckin' 70s Dies' :lol:  I could never be bothered with that, I'd just end up looking up the result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It ain't the fuckin' 70s Dies' :lol:  I could never be bothered with that, I'd just end up looking up the result.

All these sports should be on terrestrial. I haven't even got sky. Refuse to give them a penny when they paywalled cricket after 2005 (thus burying the sport).

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

All these sports should be on terrestrial. I haven't even got sky. Refuse to give them a penny when they paywalled cricket after 2005 (thus burying the sport).

I'm too old and tired to care to deprive myself of something I enjoy just to make a point no one cares about.  Sky ain't sittin' there scratchin' their chins goin' 'fuck me, missing Dies' custom is really putting a dent in our fiscal returns' :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Len Cnut said:

I'm too old and tired to care to deprive myself of something I enjoy just to make a point no one cares about.  Sky ain't sittin' there scratchin' their chins goin' 'fuck me, missing Dies' custom is really putting a dent in our fiscal returns' :lol:

Probably not but they're still not getting a penny from me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Probably not but they're still not getting a penny from me. 

Like I said, too old and tired to care, let the multi-nationals have the world, I've probably only got another two score years of life left in me, if I'm lucky, after that i don't care what happens :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Like I said, too old and tired to care, let the multi-nationals have the world, I've probably only got another two score years of life left in me, if I'm lucky, after that i don't care what happens :lol:

I'm not depriving myself of anything though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not depriving myself of anything though.

Then there’s the difference, i enjoy watching boxing, especially live, its a social thing as much as anything else, even if its not a top level fight you have a few lads round and have a bit of a laugh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out my Mrs is working Sat night to gotta try and get my 3 year old asleep before 10PM this should be fun .. will give him a few sips of my beer ... the worrying this is I tried that before with a mate for a giggle and then he threw a temper because we wouldn't give him anymore .. good old boy 

Edited by lukepowell1988
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Possibly.  I don't mind the 20 quid myself just to see the fuckin' thing in comfort.  I've had more than a lifetime of fuckin' pirate films, taped off the telly shit and dodgy streams, its certainly worth my 20 quid.

I always try to make it out to the pub for any decent fights that are on at a reasonable time. Have a few jars and watch it with a bit of atmosphere rather than loitering at home. :D 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I always try to make it out to the pub for any decent fights that are on at a reasonable time. Have a few jars and watch it with a bit of atmosphere rather than loitering at home. :D 

I used to do that a bit but to be honest in that situation I just end up fucking off the fight eventually :lol:  And I'm a bit of a trainspotter when it comes to the boxing so I like it at home where I can have a good solid wank over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

If it is $90, that is a major discount from the first one.  I believe the first one was $200.

Nah, i was sayin’ the first one was 90 dollars for you lot, its a number I remember being thrown around at the time, was it 200 then?  Fuck me, thats even worse!  Thats 2 grams of sniff and drinks all night, a munch on the way home and still change left over!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Just read Tyson Fury And Wilder want to fight between 1 - 8 on December.

 

Mayweather wants to fight in that same time space .... Gonna be an expensive December 

Not to mention Bellew Usyk, Whyte Chisora, Frampton Warrington.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Selling me Arse for a PPV a go if anyone is interested I will be around the back of the Horse and Jockey pub at 6PM every night 

I’ll be the one next to you with a ‘will wank for pennies’ sign.

Edited by Len Cnut
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...