The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

He is a proper rappy black american. Got all the bling and the hoes no doubt. 

He's actually not y'know.  He's an Alabama country boy (not that that alone precludes you from the trapping of said culture), married, one daughter with spina biffida or however its spelt, actually kind of a good boy, keeps going on about meditation and shit like that :lol: 

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I watched that Tony Bellow* on A league of Their Own, funny guy and well scared of heights 

*Dunno if that's how you spell his name

Pretty certain he's a boxer though 

He certainly is, his name is Tony Bellew.  Once upon a time men like this existed:

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Did you see Tyson Fury about a year ago. It looked more likely that he would have a heart attack than challenge for a world title again.

Fury is like a guy from the local boozer who you drink with occasionally: same opinionated un-politically correct humour; same body mass index. The heavy weights these days seem to consist of either puny Eastern European guys who qualify through height, or lumps of lard who qualify through beer guts.

Joshua in fairness is a throwback to your Fraziers and Alis.  

16 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Would those guys be cruiseweights these days? I don't know if it just looks like it because Ali was so quick and good with his feet but even his opponents look much lighter than today's heavyweights.

They would be cruiser or their abouts. Ali was really a puffed up light heavyweight early doors.

On a tangent it dont half get on my thruppenny bits when they put the fuckin birds boxing on in the middle of a normal card.  Ten rounds of this fuckin’ bollocks interrupting the card.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

They would be cruiser or their abouts. Ali was really a puffed up light heavyweight early doors.

On a tangent it dont half get on my thruppenny bits when they put the fuckin birds boxing on in the middle of a normal card.  Ten rounds of this fuckin’ bollocks interrupting the card.

Wet t-shirt competition?

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

These two are collaborating really in putting on a show - it is difficult to perceive any genuine malice - and there is a lot of criticism, implicit/explicit, of Joshua. 

Its all pretty explicit and obvious to be fair :lol:

In other news Billy Joe Saunders refused lisence to fight in Massachusetts over that steroid/nasal spray shit, gutted for him.  Apparently he told the commision on voice conference call to ‘suck my prick’.

Edited by Len Cnut

Apparently talks for Amir Khan vs Kell Brook are advanced.  Amir has stipulated that the fight be at 147 and not the weight above, which Brook has moved up to (due to having to kill himself to make 147) and has even put in a rehydration clause that states that Brook cannot rehydrate after the weigh in over 10 pounds.  Brooks gonna fuckin' bang him.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I desire that fight about as much as I desire a dose of the clap.

I dunno, two pretty respectable welterweights goin' at it, I don't see the problem.  Kell Brooks not a naff fighter y'know, its just so happens the two losses he's incurred have been against two monsters of this generation in GGG (who he went up two weights to fight) and Errol Spence, who is a prodigy.  And these two are the big smash fights of his that everyones watched so everybody just basically knows him for losing.  And Amir, chin issues aside, turns up for every fight, if there's one criticism you can't assign him its that his fights are boring.  He gets into it almost every fight he has, often to his detriment.

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I hope so Khan as an arrogant little cunt I have a bit of a soft spot for Brook 

To be honest, both of them are prats.  Khans a talented fighter with world class talents but also world class flaws and he's clearly fought the better opposition.  Khans personality is what makes him a cunt.  He not even so much a cunt in the way someones an arsehole, more just a fuckin' massive fool and a banter job.  Brook is a strange one though, clearly has a fuckload of talent, could handle most welterweight out there except that upper elite yet he's been a pro for 12 years, he's 30 odd years old...and whoose he fought?  He fought Porter to win the title and thats it.  Then suddenly, at the age of 30, he panics and realises fighting all these bums has made him a nobody and goes up two weight divisions to fight GGG where he's clearly gonna get smashed, gets smashed, then comes all the way back to 147 lbs, a weight he was struggling to make in the first place, to fight a mandatory who just happens to be arguably the best welterweight on the planet in Errol Spence, its just the most mismanaged career I've ever come across.  He's SOOO talented, and without the massive flaws of Khan, look across the welterweight rankings, he could've basically done everybody on those lists except like, the very very top ones...and how many of the folks on that list have fought the very very top ones anyway?  Terence Crawford would do him, Errol Spence would do him (and did) but I don't fancy any of the other people in the rankings against Brook...and yet he NEVER fought anyone, it boggles the mind.

Its just mismanagement at its worst, he never fights anyone except the guy he scraped the title from (who by the way has gone on to be titlist again, having beaten Danny Garcia, who is a very quality operator to show you the level of fighter Brook can do) and then when he finally fights someone who does he fight?  Fuckin' GGG...an undefeated monster from two divisions up who gives him a career ending injury by breaking his eye socket...then Errol Spence who breaks the other one.  Its just so sad cuz the bloke is clearly quality.  I mean Errol Spence only won that fight in the last round, otherwise Brook was doing well against him until Errol turned the screws at the end and showed his class.

Its so sad, if he were better managed he would be being named as one of the best welterweights this country every produced and one of the best of his time...but Amir Khan gets more respect than him as a fighter because he's fought the better opposition overall.  I just can't understand for the life of me why his management/trainer etc would handle him like that, its one thing if he was a pussy who couldn't take the heat so he needed kid gloves but he's not, he's clearly one of the best fighters out of the current crop out there, he has it all really.  But he's fucked now, he's never gonna be quite what he could've been.

Edited by Len Cnut

Nice little Matchroom card on in Newcastle this weekend, Joshua Buatsi is in it, Newcastles own Lewis Ritson headlining for the European Lightweight title in front of his home crowd, nice to see Eddie giving the youngsters a bit of an airing.  And over in the states Terence Crawford is fighting.

Edited by Len Cnut

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not going but I get in free thereafter. No somebody who works at the arena.

Well go then, why would you not go, free night at the fights, what else you gonna do, stay at home drinking Perroni and looking over Field Marshall Montgomerys military manuevres?