The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

More than Mayweather

Mayweather is only sort of negative in the fights you've seen because he was fighting about 4 weight divisions up from his natural weight, he is naturally a featherweight, watch his fights at featherweight and lightweight and he's knocking people out.  And even when he was at welterweight the shots he got off were sharp, precise, hurtful, masterclass work, otherwise he wouldn't've been winning most of the rounds he ever fought. 

Its a helluva thing y'know, the guy went all the way up to 154 lbs from featherweight and still dominated boxers in the ring, people like Canelo Alvarez, who just went life and death with GGG was childs play for Floyd.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

He is after all fighting on Five, home of tv movies, Australian soaps and ''documentaries'' with titles such as, ''boy with an arse for a face''. 

Technically speaking hes actually quite profficent, moves well, which could make all the difference considering the current state of big lumbering fuckers in the HW division, he just doesnt fire off enough shots or substantial enough shots, very much a spoiler.

Why do boxers have an entourage of jobs-worthy bodyguards when they enter the arena (I can understand one or two maybe but come on!)? Surely pugilism, the art of beating somebody up, is the one sport that requires slender security for the athletes in question?

Boxers. What a bunch of fannys.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Some thing in me is prompting me, against my better instincts, to stick 50 sheets on Bellew.

What are the odds looking like?

I can't lie the bloke irritates the shit out of me. Anyone would think he's the first boxer ever who loves his family the way he keeps fucking reminding everyone. But I have to give him huge respect him for backing himself here and challenging himself considering he must have made enough money from the two Haye fights to retire comfortably.

Having said that his foray into the heavyweight division was a piss take. He dipped his toe in, selected a fight against someone who was basically retired and didn't want to know anymore. 

Very smart guy, I don't think he's an exceptional boxer but very good at sticking to a game plan though.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Wayne Rooney was a boxer he'd be Bellew, this chirpy pint sized Evertonian irritant. 

I knew even when I first heard his name that this man would have a honking Scouse accent. Not one of them delightful Beatlesy ones either but one full of eeeeughs and eeeeeeerrrms.

Some people you can just tell by the name. The only time I've been wrong is with Jonjo Shelvey. THAT is a Scousers name if ever there was one. I  aĺways just assumed he was. Except he's not, I couldn't believe it. Although he did used to play for Liverpool.

What are the odds looking like?

50 would get me a 275 return.

Very smart guy, I don't think he's an exceptional boxer but very good at sticking to a game plan though.

He has a deceptive shot and a good boxing brain but lets face it, he's only ever stepped up to elite level once, which was when he fought Adonis Stevenson and he got starched.  Other than that these great wins he goes on about, Illunga Makabu at Goodison, who the fuck is Illunga Makabu, a guy he fought for a vacant title.  Isaac Chilemba (who he had a draw with once and had to get him on the get back), Nathan Cleverley (no offence :lol: ), Masternak, these guys are not elite level fights, world level barely, fringe world level mostly and some Euro level.  And David Haye was a shot fighter looking for the back door, I think the Bomber mans luck will run out in the next 48 hours.  I hope not but there it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

50 would get me a 275 return.

He has a deceptive shot and a good boxing brain but lets face it, he's only ever stepped up to elite level once, which was when he fought Adonis Stevenson and he got starched.  Other than that these great wins he goes on about, Illunga Makabu at Goodison, who the fuck is Illunga Makabu, a guy he fought for a vacant title.  Isaac Chilemba (who he had a draw with once and had to get him on the get back), Nathan Cleverley (no offence :lol: ), Masternak, these guys are not elite level fights, world level barely, fringe world level mostly and some Euro level.  And David Haye was a shot fighter looking for the back door, I think the Bomber mans luck will run out in the next 48 hours.  I hope not but there it is. 

Cleverley has gone proper weird. He's on Twitter talking all sorts of shit for the last few months. He's lost his marbles 😂. Enzo Maccarinelli said he's always been an odd ball.