The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Stuck a 20 on Bellew.  He blatantly ain't winning but its only a score eh?

Add in Arsenal to win against Wolves on sunday and it gets a bit more tasty. An Bellew/Arsenal double with Ladbrokes 166 return from 20 quid. Odds will probably get worse from now on until the fight when loads of passionate scousers lump on Bellew.

8 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Len you avin a bet on the Fury fight? Any Tips?

You don't want any tips from me mate, i have never won a boxing bet in my entire life.  Honestly I see Wilder winning and oddly I'm in a minority there.  I really don't know, could go either way but I just got this feeling about Wilder.

46 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I'm going with Fury I no he is a little out of shape in regards to only having 2 tune up fights but the bloke knows how to play the game and I reckon will do him on a decision 

I honestly can't call it, they're both weird ones.  Wilders got a solid dig, very solid but his chin is suspect and he swings very wild non-co-ordinated punches, very off balance.  Fury has great technical ability but lets be honest, people slag off Wilders record but who has Fury got on his apart from Klitschko?  No one, worse record even than Wilders.  Also, Fury has been dropped by Cruiserweights like Steve Cunningham before now and his fight with Klitschko, as big an achievement as it was, it was basically just him feinting and doing one-twos against a gun shy Klitschko. 

Its more than plausible and possible for Fury to just poke him for 12 rounds and get a desicion but can he keep him off that long?  Wilder is not the gun shy type, he will go for it and he's as big a man as Fury and a helluva lot more athletic.  And he has natural power and, for all people say about Wilders inaccuracy and wild punching its almost a plus point in the sense that no boxing trainer can teach you how to deal with that shit, its not really in the textbook, the obvious answer is straight shots but one of those wild winging shots that changes trajectory before contact is just the sort of thing to catch a man unawares and put him on his arse. 

So yeah, I really can't call it.

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

Just been watching some random Behind The Gloves and I can't remember a more cutting bit of trash talk than Dillian Whyte calling Lucas Brown a Tattooed penis 😂

Its weirdly apt though isn't it, when you look at Lucas Browne :lol:  Dills best interview is the Sam Sexton (who he seems intent on calling Sam Saxton) and the lamb with the pink wellies one :lol:

3:30

:lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Is Tyson Fury v Wilder a real fight? 

Well you got the WBC belt in there, thats about as real as it gets.

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Paid my £20 last night to BT for the fight

Me too though it took 2 days, last 2 days the site wouldn't accept my payment.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well you got the WBC belt in there, thats about as real as it gets.

Me too though it took 2 days, last 2 days the site wouldn't accept my payment.

I normally buy into the hype but then reslise its a scam fight. So they are both tip top. Fury is not just talking to get a fight? Wasnt he  suicidal the other year? He quit boxing? 

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

I normally buy into the hype but then reslise its a scam fight. So they are both tip top. Fury is not just talking to get a fight? Wasnt he  suicidal the other year? He quit boxing? 

Fury is Fury, he's not a guy that makes for exciting fights even on his best night, he's a bit of a spoiler but Wilder is always tip top and in tip top form and likely to provide a spectacular knockout.  The fights gonna go one of two ways to my reckoning, Fury doing a a jab and move thing for 12 rounds or Wilder knocking him the fuck out at some point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Fury is Fury, he's not a guy that makes for exciting fights even on his best night, he's a bit of a spoiler but Wilder is always tip top and in tip top form and likely to provide a spectacular knockout.  The fights gonna go one of two ways to my reckoning, Fury doing a a jab and move thing for 12 rounds or Wilder knocking him the fuck out at some point. 

Yeah sounds like not worth the hassle. Fury is going to dance around, I think i heard him say something like that on talksport. But he’s fit? He’s not doing it just for the money? He’s going to get knocked out of his boots first round I reckon. 

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

Yeah sounds like not worth the hassle. Fury is going to dance around, I think i heard him say something like that on talksport. But he’s fit? He’s not doing it just for the money? He’s going to get knocked out of his boots first round I reckon. 

seeing a 6'9 18 stone man get knocked the fuck out is always entertaining.  Y'never know, he could win.  He's certainly got the tools, its just a case of whether the lay off was detrimental or not.  Then again it might just be that Deontay Wilder has the beating of him, regardless of fitness levels.  Heavyweight boxing is sort of divorced from athleticism now anyway so those are like, the least of concerns to my mind.

Edited by Len Cnut