The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

seeing a 6'9 18 stone man get knocked the fuck out is always entertaining.  Y'never know, he could win.  He's certainly got the tools, its just a case of whether the lay off was detrimental or not.  Then again it might just be that Deontay Wilder has the beating of him, regardless of fitness levels.  Heavyweight boxing is sort of divorced from athleticism now anyway so those are like, the least of concerns to my mind.

I was just wondering if he was just washed up. But he’s in shape. 

He seems to have a game plan. 

Sounds like it could be cagey. I’m not going make an effort to watch it. 

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well he must be doing something right to be where he is today, albeit relative to his era. None of them are much cop when you compare them to your Alis of course.

Thats my point, in the context of his own era, what has he actually done?  Beat an aged and clearly gun shy Klitschko...other than that what names are on his record?  No one.  Every other heavyweight contender has a better record than his.  Now I'm not saying that he's shite necessarily but I think a lot of assumptions are made about his abilities as an elite level fighter.

Wilder, who is constantly pilloried for low level opposition has got better fights on his record, as has Anthony Joshua...actually even Dave Allen has better fights on his record :lol:

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats my point, in the context of his own era, what has he actually done?  Beat an aged and clearly gun shy Klitschko...other than that what names are on his record?  No one.  Every other heavyweight contender has a better record than his.  Now I'm not saying that he's shite necessarily but I think a lot of assumptions are made about his abilities as an elite level fighter.

Wilder, who is constantly pilloried for low level opposition has got better fights on his record, as has Anthony Joshua...actually even Dave Allen has better fights on his record :lol:

He beat Chisora haha. Twice in fact.

Would you have preferred it if he had fought a Takam or maybe a Haye or somebody? Joshua, besides Vlad, only really has Povetkin and Parker. He fought Whyte before he improved. 

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He beat Chisora haha. Twice in fact.

Would you have preferred it if he had fought a Takam or maybe a Haye or somebody? Joshua, besides Vlad, only really has Povetkin and Parker. He fought Whyte before he improved. 

Chisora is a British level over-achiever.  Big Josh has Takam, Parker, Povektin, Dillian Whyte, Klitschko, Dominic Brazeale.  And remember, he's not been pro as long as Wilder and Fury, half the time in fact.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Chisora is a British level over-achiever.  Big Josh has Takam, Parker, Povektin, Dillian Whyte, Klitschko, Dominic Brazeale.  And remember, he's not been pro as long as Wilder and Fury, half the time in fact.

Next you'll be telling me that, assumes cockney accent, ''A.J. is box office''.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Next you'll be telling me that, assumes cockney accent, ''A.J. is box office''.

Well go on then, go through Furys fights...Klitschko...Chisora...then who?  What, Big John McDermott the doorman? :lol:  How about cruiserweight Steve Cunningham who dropped him? 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Well go on then, go through Furys fights...Klitschko...Chisora...then who?  What, Big John McDermott the doorman? :lol:  How about cruiserweight Steve Cunningham who dropped him? 

You are preaching to the choir - I myself was questioning his prep for the Wilder match against a couple of tomato cans. I don't think any of them are much cop really. Joshua always begins fights really poorly for some reason. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are preaching to the choir - I myself was questioning his prep for the Wilder match against a couple of tomato cans. I don't think any of them are much cop really. Joshua always begins fights really poorly for some reason. 

Cuz he's a great big bodybuilding lummox with a questionable skill set.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He has the physic of the Fraziers, Alis and Foreman. He at least looks like he belongs in that era but whether he would perform whether is another matter. 

Who Joshua?  He's 100 times more muscular than an Ali and a Frazier.  George too actually, George was naturally that big, he wasn't overly muscular as such, Josh is a naturally skinny person with a lot of muscle piled on top, its why he gasses as he does.  One great thing he does have though that a lot of people in the HW div don't have is a lot of fitness and athleticism and it seems him through some potentially dark moments. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Who Joshua?  He's 100 times more muscular than an Ali and a Frazier.  George too actually, George was naturally that big, he wasn't overly muscular as such, Josh is a naturally skinny person with a lot of muscle piled on top, its why he gasses as he does.  One great thing he does have though that a lot of people in the HW div don't have is a lot of fitness and athleticism and it seems him through some potentially dark moments. 

100 times more than Frazier? You have to be kidding! And Foreman's arms were packed with muscle. 

This discussion is going into some homoerotic territory haha.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

100 times more than Frazier? You have to be kidding! And Foreman's arms were packed with muscle. 

This discussion is going into some homoerotic territory haha.

Hes a lot more muscular as well as ripped as Frazier.  And Foreman had muscle yes but its natural to him, thats not weight lifters muscles thats dirty great big black fucker muscles.

• Haha 1

https://btsportboxoffice.bttv.bt.com/cli/home

This is where you need too register too pay if uve done before just enter you Email & Sky card viewing then pay other wise just register

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

Going to put a Score on Fury to win via knockout returns £120 worth a punt 

Also a draw is 22/1 like GGG v C.A who would have thought there 1st fight was going too end in a draw

Edited by Gavin82

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

More but I wouldn't say ''a lot more''. And Tyson and Lewis? 

Tyson and Lewis are more of the Josh mould, though neither of them were particularly weight-lifty jobs, Tyson started to become so towards the end.  Again, naturally big fuckers, look at them when they were 18 then look at Josh.  Tyson weighed 14 stone when he was 13 yrs old.

Bruno is a good comparable.

Edited by Len Cnut

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

When I grew up there was just the horses to bet on, and a few old northern geezers gambled on whippets: old alcoholics in flat caps visiting smokey yellow stained Ladbrokes. It is a different world now.

And it was considered grimy and slightly shameful.

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

You gotta have a right mindset for it and say right i'm gonna bet X on Y sport if it wins i'm done until the next big event or whatever your into 

I only bet on the big boxing fights now days so far this years I have won .... Fuck all 

Betting on boxing is normally a shit sport to get on. The odds are stupid for a 2 horse race. Lewis Ritson in was 1/40 against a European champ last fight and duly lost. I had a good result actually that night I predicted the whole card and cashed out during Ritsons fight after 4 rounds when he was slightly ahead. But usually I lose heavily like in the first Haye/Bellew fight when David's leg went spazzy and cost me about 50 quid.

• Like 1