The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

I think Floyd runs the whole fight, always making Pac cone to him. Then when they get into big exchanges, he just tries to win the majority of them, therefore winning the rounds and hopefully the fight.

Will it go down like that? Idk, but I'd bet the farm that's Floyd's strategy.

I think Floyd runs the whole fight, always making Pac cone to him. Then when they get into big exchanges, he just tries to win the majority of them, therefore winning the rounds and hopefully the fight.

You should watch other fights too man, i think you'd really like em. I get the impression you fell out of watching boxing post 90s but there's really some good shit goin' on man, i think you'd've loved Mathyyssee and Provodnikov last night. Terence Crawford too.

You should watch other fights too man, i think you'd really like em. I get the impression you fell out of watching boxing post 90s but there's really some good shit goin' on man, i think you'd've loved Mathyyssee and Provodnikov last night. Terence Crawford too.
Ya I did fall out of boxing basically after Tyson and Lennox retired. I've always been a heavyweight guy, but when lower weightclasses like Floyd and Manny right now, have great fights/fighters, I dig them also. I can't go below welterweight though, it's to much like little kids fighting IMO.

But I am trying to stay current on it, or more current anyways. Honestly this thread and you Len have helped turn me on to newer fights and fighters. Also Wilder has given me renewed interest in the heavyweight division, I would like to see him have a nice career, help reignite the sport, here in America especially. Boxing has always been my 2nd favorite sport, behind basketball. I'm an odd ball here in America, our football is only my 4th favorite, lol. So I try to keep my ears on the sport, But the media here makes it difficult. But hopefully this next fight helps get some New interest as well, honestly I hope they fight twice.

But thanks for the info, I will have to check them out. I watch a lot of fights after the fact on TV, we have all the channels. So I will look out for them.

Also I font mean to sound racist but I don't really like Latino fighters. I guess because their are so MANY of them. Even when Oscar was fighting, I always rooted against him. I don't think it's a racist thing or anything, I just don't like them for some reason. Call me old fashion, but I usually like the black fighters, lol. Except in this May vs Pac fight, I'm rooting for Manny in this one, but that's because I don't like Floyd.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I think i have a reverse racism cuz i generally tend to side with em so i wouldn't worry :lol: Latinos and black Americans, there's my prejudice for ya. It's more to do with the style of fight i like seeing really.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

All I can say is I hope Floyd gets knocked the fuck out. Today on Sports center he said and I quote "you can't brainwash me into saying that Sugar Ray Robinson or Muhammad Ali were greater fighters than me. I've given my whole life to boxing, theirs never been a fighter better than me."

Such an arrogant fucking dick, I hope Manny gives him that L.

All I can say is I hope Floyd gets knocked the fuck out. Today on Sports center he said and I quote "you can't brainwash me into saying that Sugar Ray Robinson or Muhammad Ali were greater fighters than me. I've given my whole life to boxing, theirs never been a fighter better than me."

Oh fuckin hell!! He has just made me a Manny fan.

Oh fuckin hell!! He has just made me a Manny fan.

That's how I feel, lol. I wanted Manny to win anyways. But now, I can't believe he said that...

• Like 1

Man, I'm speechless...

I just heard more from this interview. Floyd bashes Ali for losing to Leon Spinks, he says "you won't ever see a man beat me that's only fought 7 fights." He then goes on to say "people praise Ali for beating Foreman, he layed on the ropes all fight, let's the man tire himself out, then hits him with a few shots, and everybody praises him for it."

Floyd has just committed blasphemy on the highest regulars. He is talking Shit about Ali, I have never heard ANY fighter talk bad about Ali, or down grade the rumble in the jungle.

Who have YOU beat Floyd? You beat an old Oscar, that's your biggest win. What a fucking chump.

Oh btw, he also knocks Ali for only winning the title in 1 weight class. He is a heavyweight you moron, what's he suppose to do, drop 30 pounds and fight as a light heavy after clearing the heavyweight division. Floyd is literally the dumbest mother fucker I've ever heard. Tyson looks like a freaking genius by comparison...

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

I just can't believe he would disrespect Ali in such a way. In Floyd's mind he has achieved far more than Ali ever did. He is one delusional son of a bitch and I hope Manny gives him a loss just shut his ass up, other wise he will forever think he is the best fighter that has ever lived.

Wouldn't it just fuck everything up royally for everyone if Jennings was to do Wlad this weekend? :lol: I mean think about it right, Wlads shooting for the Brown Bombers numbers, it'd fuck that up. Tyson Fury is looking to be the one to derail the good ship Kilitsch', it'd fuck that up. Deontay Wilder is looking for a big showdown with Fury or Klitsch' with those belts all on the line, it'd fuck that up.

Jennings is well positioned to become a Buster Douglas shaped haemroid in the world of heavyweight boxing, don't you think?

Wouldn't it just fuck everything up royally for everyone if Jennings was to do Wlad this weekend? :lol: I mean think about it right, Wlads shooting for the Brown Bombers numbers, it'd fuck that up. Tyson Fury is looking to be the one to derail the good ship Kilitsch', it'd fuck that up. Deontay Wilder is looking for a big showdown with Fury or Klitsch' with those belts all on the line, it'd fuck that up.

Jennings is well positioned to become a Buster Douglas shaped haemroid in the world of heavyweight boxing, don't you think?

Haha, would be great if it happens, but no way. Going to be tough for Jennings to just make it a semblance of a close fight.

Kenny Bayless named as the referee for Mayweather-Pacquiao. He had an off night for the Maidana rematch, but is usually one of the best around. The judges will be Burt Clements, Dave Moretti, and Glenn Feldman. I think they should have brought C.J. Ross back to judge this one just for fun.

• Like 1