The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

See I'm all for the other guy roughing the pure boxer up, within the laws and maybe one or two times outside of them, I like Mayweather but he does get away with those fucking elbows and legging it around, even I thought Maidana was an utter caveman in their first fight. I don't expect Floyd to get hit illegally repeatedly, it's still boxing. So I had no problem with Bayless in the second fight, true the guy doesn't particularly favour clinches going on too long but he isn't exactly Joe Cortez territory and Manny isn't a dirty fighter and doesn't fight in clinches as a constant. Bayless has been the best ref around for a long time, I do like Smoger and how he lets things unfold a little more organically but he'd have never got this fight.

That Mayweather trick to getting away with the elbow is to position yourself for it just as the other guy clinches, because then it kinda becomes his fault, cuz hey, you've just got your arms up right? So just as they come in to tie you up, shift your forearm and bingo.

Mayweathers whole thing is minimal movement, from his stance he can roll you, he can set you up for a counter left, a right over the top, literally anything you can think of, those snap hooks. And thats gonna be Mannys undoing, he'll be feinting up a storm and Money is just gonna pop him all night.

Looks like a hell of an opportunity to make some money if you're able to get your hands on a couple of tickets to sell on the secondary market:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/23/now-for-sale-the-most-expensive-ticket-ever.html

Yeah, I saw someone trying to sell them for over $120,000 after the public sale yesterday. Just crazy. Read that the tickets made available to the public sold out in under a minute. Guessing it was a lot of people looking to make money by selling them on the secondary market, like you said.

The "Draw" bet on the fight started off at 22-1 odds..........but so many people took it, reportedly double the amount that took either Manny/Floyd, that it's dropped down to 8-to-1 odds now. That is one of the largest changes of an odds that I've ever seen.

Basically it's 2-1 now, in terms of betting, for Mayweather.

So if you all had to put down $100 - which bet are you taking?

+175 for Manny (you'd win back $275)

-175 for Floyd (you'd win back $165)

8-1 for a draw (you'd win back $900)

Most people think Floyd will win, but is it worth it in terms of the amount you'd win? Bet 100 and win 65? Bet Manny and win $175.

With those kinds of odds, I'd lay my money down on Manny. Floyd will probably win (I am praying that he doesn't), but the payoff isn't anywhere near large enough imo.

I suppose conspiracy theorists are thinking it will be a draw, since the rematch would be absolutely huge again. Everybody involved would again make millions upon millions of dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XStLWO0-BLQ

This awful reality TV style of documentary making has like, fucked the common documentary, no offence but i don't wanna see footage of Freddie Roach showing his Parkinsons medication in a room with a creepy piano thing going on in the background, its weird and intrusive.

Edited by Len B'stard

I just watched the Klitchko and Jennings fight, good win for Wlad I suppose. But I will say this, any former champ that had fast feet, would easily of beatin Klitchko IMO. He is just so slow. Tyson, Ali, Holmes, and even Evander Holyfield would all have beaten Klitchko. He is a good fighter, but not a great one. He is very predictable.

I just watched the Klitchko and Jennings fight, good win for Wlad I suppose. But I will say this, any former champ that had fast feet, would easily of beatin Klitchko IMO. He is just so slow. Tyson, Ali, Holmes, and even Evander Holyfield would all have beaten Klitchko. He is a good fighter, but not a great one. He is very predictable.

Would like to see more of Jennings. That's the first time I've seen him fight.

Would like to see more of Jennings. That's the first time I've seen him fight.

Agreed. He could have beaten Klitchko if he would of punched more, he just didn't mix it up enough. But his style was obviously throwing Klitchko off, he didn't really know what to do with him. That's why I said what I said about a moving heavyweight, a great moving heavyweight would dismantle Klitchko. If Jennings gave him trouble just imagine what Larry Holmes would of done to him. We don't even need to bring up Tyson or Ali, either one of those guys would tear Klitchko apart. Tyson would have chopped him down with body shots, then an uppercut would end the night. Klitchko can not fight on the inside, he just can't. Ali or Holmes would have danced around him all fight and made him look slow. I honestly can't see him winning a single round on those guys, he's far to slow.

I thought Jennings really exposed him, he's prime for the defeat now. He can't handle movement at all. Even Wilder, I saw way more out of Wilder than I saw out of Wlad last night. If Wilder fights him like he fought his last fight, he can beat him. Klitchko just plain can't handle real athletes, that's why he has been hiding in Europe fighting bums, for a decade.

People want to put him on a pedastool because of his defenses, which I get that. You can only beat the people of your era, I understand that. But having said that, does the eye test mean nothing? Because anyone that ever saw prime Tyson fight, or Holyfield, or Lennox, or Holmes, etc, etc, they are outright liers if they think Klitchko could beat them. No way in Hell, no way. Those guys would all tear him apart. They were to fast, to good of footwork. Yes Klitchko has some power, but he throws a jab so slowly that any real fighter could duck it, same for his over hand right, you see it coming.

I'll give him his dues, top 20 all time, but that's it.

• Like 1

He sounds a, decadent, individual, this Mayweather. I was reading about him in the Mail. What is this story about Mayweather chucking $100 bills into a swimming pool so he could see a bunch of scantly clad 'hoes' go scampering after them?

Hes known for that, dropping 100,000 on slags in strip clubs, gambling millions in vegas etc