The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

Botham (I am watching England v the Windies) has just said he is not watching it because of the time difference. He said, ''these things start at 11 but the fight does not begin until 3 am'' and ''it will be on 28 times the day after'' but that ''it will be a great fight''.

I wonder if Angus Fraser is gonna stay up for it

I'm 4 beers down, its coffee from here on in.

Edited by spunko12345

I know Floyd's been chopping wood and swimming which he's never done and he's hired Ariza (GREAT conditioning coach regardless of being a shit stirring dickhead, Floyd SR certainly doesn't like him after a short spell 'Alex Ariza don't know shit about boxing' lol) and has said he'll attack Pacman but nobody really believed that. I'd think it's more to do with being unhappy with his Maidana performances and accepting his reflexes and speed have decreased and trynna compensate a little to be better in holding his ground but now I read something about he has less padding than usual. Maybe he is trying to make a statement at his career's end?

I'm sorry but this guy Pacquiao will knock him the fuck out if he thinks he can walk him down and get him out of there. Floyd can knock Pacquiao out but it'll come from a perfect counter like Dinamita, make no mistake Floyd can sit down on his punches. If he plans on lighting Pacquiao up though and bullying him, he will be massacred. Roach has even prepared Pacquiao for this possibility, which will make it even worse for Mayweather. He's a counter punching genius useful in the trenches but it's not his natural approach, he'd be insane to do that on this stage as well.

I know Floyd's been chopping wood and swimming which he's never done and he's hired Ariza (GREAT conditioning coach regardless of being a shit stirring dickhead, Floyd SR certainly doesn't like him after a short spell 'Alex Ariza don't know shit about boxing' lol) and has said he'll attack Pacman but nobody really believed that. I'd think it's more to do with being unhappy with his Maidana performances and accepting his reflexes and speed have decreased and trynna compensate a little to be better in holding his ground but now I read something about he has less padding than usual. Maybe he is trying to make a statement at his career's end?

I'm sorry but this guy Pacquiao will knock him the fuck out if he thinks he can walk him down and get him out of there. Floyd can knock Pacquiao out but it'll come from a perfect counter like Dinamita, make no mistake Floyd can sit down on his punches. If he plans on lighting Pacquiao up though and bullying him, he will be massacred. Roach has even prepared Pacquiao for this possibility, which will make it even worse for Mayweather. He's a counter punching genius useful in the trenches but it's not his natural approach, he'd be insane to do that on this stage as well.

Gonna be pure domination man, like Berlusconi at a bunga bunga party, controlled envoirnment :lol: Big ring innit? Floyds gonna like that. Edited by Len B'stard

I've got the rum and sausage rolls going, I couldn't watch it in a pub too much to distract me, not even watching the undercard fights, wish they had one like Garcia and Matthysse again. Provodnikov Matthysse would've been perfect/

Yeah, nice having Santa Cruz and Lomachenko on it, but at least give them an opponent who could win a round. Cayetano is putting in a good effort, but he's just not on the same level as Santa Cruz. Guess the promotors figured they didn't need good undercard matchups to help sell this one.

Gonna be pure domination man, like Berlusconi at a bunga bunga party, controlled envoirnment :lol: Big ring innit? Floyds gonna like that.

I've always said Floyd wins a decision against Pac any day of the week, there's definitely massive IF's with Pacquiao but I still think Floyd is too smart, too cautious and he won't risk taking anything serious in return, but his workrate is going to have to go right up here and that leaves a lot of problems, I think he'll deal with it though, if I've learned anything it's never count Pacquiao out but never doubt Mayweather's ability to win.

There is surely no way he tries a Leonard against Duran here.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Why they doing the mexican national anthem?!? My favorite one generally, means someones about to get pannelled. Oh yeah, Mexican Independence.

Ohboyohboyohboyohboy, its about to start! :D. Floyd gon' eat him up :D

Make it hot Jamie, make it hot!

Edited by Len B'stard

This is a Mayweather pace, he will keep piling up rounds unless Pacman changes something, Roach better have that third plan he claimed.

I got it 4-2 Mayweather, manny cannot keep doing this in the middle of the fucking ring, that isn't where you want to be with floyd.

I'm still trying to comprehend what the hell Roach's master game planes could have been because this is deflating, as much as I'm a Mayweather fan at the same time, he's got barely anything for him... never count Pac out though and it's a 12 round fight.

He is ridiculously cautious and just... waits like Canelo in the centre of the goddamn ring, surely he knows his only chance is bringing the patented Pacman fury.

Edited by RandallFlagg