The Boxing Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is, yes   Up North they even bung it on the end of sentences, inexplicably!  Example: Normal Human Being:  Alright Ted, where you off to? Northern Pig:  I’m off up t’pub like!

The fight that Leonard claimed 'taught me survival' and also led to his retina problems later.

I laugh heartily at anyone who paid for that shitshow.

This is a Mayweather pace, he will keep piling up rounds unless Pacman changes something, Roach better have that third plan he claimed.

I got it 4-2 Mayweather, manny cannot keep doing this in the middle of the fucking ring, that isn't where you want to be with floyd.

I'm still trying to comprehend what the hell Roach's master game planes could have been because this is deflating, as much as I'm a Mayweather fan at the same time, he's got barely anything for him... never count Pac out though and it's a 12 round fight.

He is ridiculously cautious and just... waits like Canelo in the centre of the goddamn ring, surely he knows his only chance is bringing the patented Pacman fury.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Missed the first five rounds, but wasn't impressed with what I saw. Felt more like a sparring match. Mayweather may have outboxed Manny, but neither really came close to hurting the other guy. Not a bad pay day for two guys who took very little chances in the ring.

• Like 1

Why was he holding back so much? There were moments when Manny could have exploited openings. He opened up Mayweather - it was not totally one sided - but then just held back and went back into his stance. I saw this about five times.

Even Alvarez said he his attempt wasn't a draw, you saw sour grapes from manny saying 'he ran' duh it's Mayweather, the guy you and Roach have been studying for 5 years. If there was a different gameplan who knows, I just did not see him give Mayweather more than one approach and that's his big chance in the dust no matter what he was capable of, just like Alvarez who I think will turn out to be a phenomenal win for Floyd too.

I think this might have been the death knell of boxing haha. Five years of over hyped nonsense followed by absolute drivel. They both knew they had the money in the bank so why risk a broken nose? Throw on that the dreary under card and you have five years of your life you will never get back.

• Like 2

He werent holding nothing back, everytime he came on he'd get hit, you cant chase Floyd with combinations like he's some Mexican brawler. Told you it'd be boring, controlled throughout, you could see it a mile off.

I think this might have been the death knell of boxing haha. Five years of over hyped nonsense followed by absolute drivel. They both knew they had the money in the bank so why risk a broken nose? Throw on that the dreary under card and you have five years of your life you will never get back.

Thing about Mayweather is he'll defend but he doesnt press because hes just happy winning by points, in the trenches is just pointless risk for him, id rate him more if he coupled his movement with something more than potshotting and put people away, like the way Ali used to visibly step up a gear as rounds went on.

I think it was masterful boxing, werent expecting no brawl anyway.