Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

2 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Did he say none of those were taped, or just that they haven't been released? I would have thought they were all taped because they would need to send a feed of video to the jumbotron for the audience. I assume they save that tape (at least I hope they did). Seems to be similar to GnR concerts from 91 on, all that stuff is on tape it's just sitting in a vault somewhere.

Ahh sorry, forgot to add that bit in - yeah, he said they weren't taped as he wanted to include one of the matches when he did his DVD back in 2005 but was told the footage was never recorded. It could exist somewhere though - that infamous match with Tom Magee was thought to have never been recorded yet it appeared last year!

• 3 weeks later...

I get the feeling if WWE pulled what AEW did last night, there'd be alot of angry people.

I only caught a few matches near the end of the show, but seen all of the main event.

At first I thought it was funny, but the more I think it's just sad. It's the kind of thing you'd hope wrestling would be past in 2021. Anyway I don't watch aew regularly and can't see myself doing so after that.

21 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I get the feeling if WWE pulled what AEW did last night, there'd be alot of angry people.

A lot of people are angry whatever WWE does.

Wrestling fandom can be toxic.

Accidents happen but this made the Mysterio/Rollins; eye for an eye match look like Citizen Kane.

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you been watching the Dark Side of the Ring: Confidential episodes to the build up for season 3? Gino Hernandez and the Montreal Screwjob are the latest episodes. Worth a watch, both are on YouTube too. I've been getting a kick out of the Young Rock series, that's been great

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, Dean said:

Have any of you been watching the Dark Side of the Ring: Confidential episodes to the build up for season 3? Gino Hernandez and the Montreal Screwjob are the latest episodes. Worth a watch, both are on YouTube too. I've been getting a kick out of the Young Rock series, that's been great

I did catch the Montreal one. I thought it was cool overall. Certainly looking forward to Season 3. 

The wrestling related thing I'm enjoying the most right now is the Reliving The War series on a YouTube channel called Wrestling Bios 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I did catch the Montreal one. I thought it was cool overall. Certainly looking forward to Season 3. 

The wrestling related thing I'm enjoying the most right now is the Reliving The War series on a YouTube channel called Wrestling Bios 

I binge watch a lot of Wrestling Bios content though I have always wondered how he gets away with using footage and music? He adds another beat to the tunes so I dunno if that gets him off of any copyright issues

On 3/27/2021 at 9:21 AM, Dean said:

I've just finished watching Hart vs Austin WM13. That is what professional wrestling is all about! Artistry at it's very best.

One of the best matches ever, in my favorite year for pro wrestling, 1997.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

One of the best matches ever, in my favorite year for pro wrestling, 1997.

The roster was as strong as ever. Michaels and Hart in their pomp. Austin was probably at his physical best before getting dropped on his head then all the mid card that worked their way to the top in the millennium. Stacked with talent.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2021 at 3:43 AM, Dean said:

I binge watch a lot of Wrestling Bios content though I have always wondered how he gets away with using footage and music? He adds another beat to the tunes so I dunno if that gets him off of any copyright issues

I missed your reply somehow. I have no idea how he gets away without copyright strikes either but I'm happy he does lol. 

I believe I've caught up on just about all of his old stuff so now I've just been watching the new content and the Monday Night War series. 

Wrestling With Wregret and Wrestlelamia are fun watches too. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I missed your reply somehow. I have no idea how he gets away without copyright strikes either but I'm happy he does lol. 

I believe I've caught up on just about all of his old stuff so now I've just been watching the new content and the Monday Night War series. 

Wrestling With Wregret and Wrestlelamia are fun watches too. 

Yeah, his content is tremendous. I’ll need to check out Wrestling with Regret but Wrestlelamia is a tremendous watch too.

I watched the Greatest Rivalries: Bret vs Shawn with the sit down interview over the weekend. I haven’t seen it in a few years and when I got the Network again after a prolonged hiatus, was saddened to see it was taken off. Two of the greatest ever.

Seems to be a few teething problems with the Network moving onto Peacock isn’t there? I don’t know what the craic is over here, or why they even moved in the first place, but I seen someone mention they’re trying to capture a wider audience again to get back into the mainstream of yesteryear.

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yeah, his content is tremendous. I’ll need to check out Wrestling with Regret but Wrestlelamia is a tremendous watch too.

I watched the Greatest Rivalries: Bret vs Shawn with the sit down interview over the weekend. I haven’t seen it in a few years and when I got the Network again after a prolonged hiatus, was saddened to see it was taken off. Two of the greatest ever.

Seems to be a few teething problems with the Network moving onto Peacock isn’t there? I don’t know what the craic is over here, or why they even moved in the first place, but I seen someone mention they’re trying to capture a wider audience again to get back into the mainstream of yesteryear.

The classic PPV reviews from Wrestling With Wregret are the most fun for me. I don't watch a lot of his other content because it concerns current WWE & AEW product, which I haven't watched for years. 

I haven't looked into the WWE Network issues just yet but I heard some rumblings. I saw an article or two saying that they've censored a lot of content since moving to Peacock, which is a huge bummer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The classic PPV reviews from Wrestling With Wregret are the most fun for me. I don't watch a lot of his other content because it concerns current WWE & AEW product, which I haven't watched for years. 

I haven't looked into the WWE Network issues just yet but I heard some rumblings. I saw an article or two saying that they've censored a lot of content since moving to Peacock, which is a huge bummer. 

I watched Fastlane a few weeks back and will no doubt tune into Mania but I haven't watched an episode of Raw or Smackdown in years. AEW made a lot of noise when it first got going, but I've seen a lot of criticism directed their way with some of their creative mishaps of late. I haven't watched any of that since the first PPV, though got a big kick out of Jericho doing his thing. 

Ahh, about 70% of Piper's promos won't make the cut then!

• Like 1

New episode of Broken Skull Sessions up on the Network with Chris Jericho. I'll tune in shortly!

I'll not be able to watch Mania live tonight but was really impressed with the Women in the main event last night. Tremendous effort and was a fairly solid show throughout when looking at the card, it shouldn't really have been (at least to me who is out of the loop). I loved big Omas not showing much enthusiasm when trying to reach for a tag haha!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A&E have been airing WWE's Most Wanted Treasure's. Two episodes so far with Mick Foley and one on the Brothers of Destruction. I'm looking forward to the rest of them, they've been great so far and the sort of program I could binge watch very easily! A trip down memory lane for both the viewer and the fellas themselves. That's the sort of product that they should have been doing on the Network.

New season of Dark Side of the Ring too, though haven't caught the first episode yet. I'll get that watched at some point today!

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

I feel like you have to be a certain age range to appreciate some of these, Macho and Roddy were great for their day but they wouldn't mean anything to the current AEW or NXT fan.

That's most likely the case, though you'll have a portion of the younger generation that will watch anything WWE related or watch on the basis of having genuine interest in what was around before their time, who influenced the Wrestlers that they watch etc.

22 hours ago, Dean said:

Regardless of me being out the loop with the current affairs of WWE, it was still quite a shock to see that Daniel Bryan's contract has expired.

WWE must be desperate to extend it. AEW, Impact and ROH would all love to have him. Maybe he's holding out for a better deal? 

I felt the same about Joe, though to a lesser extent. And they let him go too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, username said:

WWE must be desperate to extend it. AEW, Impact and ROH would all love to have him. Maybe he's holding out for a better deal? 

I felt the same about Joe, though to a lesser extent. And they let him go too. 

Yeah that’s what I’m hearing, it’s probably an ideal situation for him though as they’ll inevitably throw a barrel load of cash at him, but will let him see what is available elsewhere as AEW don’t hold their talent exclusively so that’s why you see a lot of them jumping about other promotions/Japan etc.

It was mad about Joe, though as I said, I’m not clued up with what’s happening nowadays and thought it was surprising to see him on commentary. I don’t know if this is the case, but my friend told me that he was asked to fill in on commentary and was so good at it that Vince wanted to keep him there. I seen recently that WWE said he had an injury, which Joe said was untrue. Waste of talent. Same with Balor, he shouldn’t be on NXT.

I watched the season premier of Dark Side of the Ring on Pillman. Austin mentioned that he doesn’t keep much memorabilia, but did keep a gold chain that Pillman gave him at the start of the Hollywood Blondes tag team. After I watched it, I went onto the A&E Austin documentary. It showed footage of Austin backstage after his neck break and he’s wearing it. I thought that was pretty deep (Pillman was still alive at that point)