Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

I just got finished watching the Vice documentary on Chyna. A distressing watch in parts, especially with the people she surrounded herself with, particularly at the end of her life that she put her trust and faith in. 

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I just got finished watching the Vice documentary on Chyna. A distressing watch in parts, especially with the people she surrounded herself with, particularly at the end of her life that she put her trust and faith in. 

Oh man. I'm a big Chyna fan but watching anything to do with the end of her life is very hard for me. I want to watch this, but I don't. 

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh man. I'm a big Chyna fan but watching anything to do with the end of her life is very hard for me. I want to watch this, but I don't. 

It’s not as if you could just watch 3/4 of it, those bastards are present right from the get go, though the fella with the shaved head and beard appears genuine - Anthony (her manager!) and Erik are the lowlife scumbags.

There is definitely a lot surrounding those fellas and what they done that will piss you off, but I think you should still watch it as WWE won’t be in any hurry to do something similar. Russo surprisingly comes off really well and what more can be said about Mick Foley? The guy is a champion. 

3 hours ago, Dean said:

It’s not as if you could just watch 3/4 of it, those bastards are present right from the get go, though the fella with the shaved head and beard appears genuine - Anthony (her manager!) and Erik are the lowlife scumbags.

There is definitely a lot surrounding those fellas and what they done that will piss you off, but I think you should still watch it as WWE won’t be in any hurry to do something similar. Russo surprisingly comes off really well and what more can be said about Mick Foley? The guy is a champion. 

I will probably cave and watch it. I know Russo and Foley will come off well as I believe they both genuinely cared about her. 

I expect Paul (hHh), Stephanie, Vince & Jim Ross to come off poorly. I'd have to assume Sean won't look very good either. 

When dX got inducted into the Hall a couple years back, I literally kept saying "oh fuck youuuuu" when Paul and Sean were talking about her. 

From everything I've seen or heard, she was just a genuinely good person who got shit on by a lot of people she trusted. People just kept taking advantage of her and she kept trusting the wrong person after the wrong person. 

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I will probably cave and watch it. I know Russo and Foley will come off well as I believe they both genuinely cared about her. 

I expect Paul (hHh), Stephanie, Vince & Jim Ross to come off poorly. I'd have to assume Sean won't look very good either. 

When dX got inducted into the Hall a couple years back, I literally kept saying "oh fuck youuuuu" when Paul and Sean were talking about her. 

From everything I've seen or heard, she was just a genuinely good person who got shit on by a lot of people she trusted. People just kept taking advantage of her and she kept trusting the wrong person after the wrong person. 

It's all Archival footage with Hunter, Stephanie and Vince, though JR is very complimentary of her in regards to her being as big as Austin at the turn of the millennium, plus I think that is current footage. Waltman is truthful of their relationship and doesn't paint her in a bad light, just that they were both terrible for each other yet kept reconciling.

I was unaware that she was doing a documentary at the time of her death, so if you were unaware of that and of the people that were creating it, then it'll be hard to sit through. Proper fucked up revelations of what her own manager was doing. I don't want to give anything away, but just expect an uncomfortable watch.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 12:50 PM, Dean said:

It's all Archival footage with Hunter, Stephanie and Vince, though JR is very complimentary of her in regards to her being as big as Austin at the turn of the millennium, plus I think that is current footage. Waltman is truthful of their relationship and doesn't paint her in a bad light, just that they were both terrible for each other yet kept reconciling.

I was unaware that she was doing a documentary at the time of her death, so if you were unaware of that and of the people that were creating it, then it'll be hard to sit through. Proper fucked up revelations of what her own manager was doing. I don't want to give anything away, but just expect an uncomfortable watch.

It was one of the worst things I've seen. It's basically a group of guys luring her back and killing her without physically doing. She seemed to be somewhat together in Japan which is the sad part, obviously she was messed up still but she was away from wrestling and all that BS. Very hard watch. When the darkside of the ring people are like "oh the story is too dark" you know there's a problem!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 5:56 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Thoughts on Money In The Bank?

Still haven't watched it properly, I'll fire it on at some point this evening most likely.

I'm out of the loop and have been for a considerable period of time, but I'm hearing both Punk and Bryan to AEW? I'd love to see Punk back but can't help but think it's unlikely.

Nick Gage to AEW is mental.

John Cena rumored to be making a return too? I found it weird that they didn't have him eclipse Flair's 16x World Title's, as it seemed that was inevitable, the reality is though Flair did win a lot more than 16. Very odd that they don't count some of them.

My brother went to 2 WWE wrestling matches last week. The PPV on Sunday and then Raw on Monday. John Cena is coming back.

Then he went to the other wrestling show and Daniel Bryant is going to that wrestling now along with Jericho who has been there for a while.

He had a blast, but not very many people wore masks, so I hope he'll be okay. Yeah, he's vaccinated but with the delta variant you can still get it. 

On 7/20/2021 at 11:56 AM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Thoughts on Money In The Bank?

My brother was there on Sunday. He loved it! He's been a wrestling fan since he was little, so this was fun for him and his friends.

• Like 2

I just got finished watching it. I really enjoyed the main event, but would like to see Edge get the strap before he calls it a day, but I thought they told a great story and with how that ended, he'll go into a program with Rollins and then Cena with Reigns it would seem. All in a strong PPV. That pop was class.

3 hours ago, Dean said:

I just got finished watching it. I really enjoyed the main event, but would like to see Edge get the strap before he calls it a day, but I thought they told a great story and with how that ended, he'll go into a program with Rollins and then Cena with Reigns it would seem. All in a strong PPV. That pop was class.

Cena & Edge would make an interesting tag team given their history.

Who would you rather beat Reigns; Cena, Edge, Rock, Rollins or

Spoiler

Big E cashes in?

17 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Cena & Edge would make an interesting tag team given their history.

Who would you rather beat Reigns; Cena, Edge, Rock, Rollins or

Reveal hidden contents

Big E cashes in?

Edge was never a favourite of mine, but I certainly appreciated him more after he was gone and with age, I've realized just what a talent he has been. I'd rather he take the belt off Reigns, seems unlikely though doesn't it?

16 minutes ago, Dean said:

Edge was never a favourite of mine, but I certainly appreciated him more after he was gone and with age, I've realized just what a talent he has been. I'd rather he take the belt off Reigns, seems unlikely though doesn't it?

Could've had him win at Mania. That would've been a fairy-tale ending albeit predictable.

Where Edge goes after Rollins is anyone's guess. Could win it if they have another Elimination Chamber next year. 

• Like 1

Did any of you watch the Deathmatch with Jericho and Gage? Jericho defies the odds, still pulling off great matches. After watching You Can't Kill David Arquette, I had a really bad vibe about Gage, I just thought he wanted to use his misfortune throughout his life as an excuse to intentionally hurt people but I was told by my friend that he is in actual fact safe - at least with Jericho. Who would have thought that in 2021, there is still Wrestler's that have you wondering whether or not they are legit?!

On 7/31/2021 at 4:49 PM, BrayWyatt said:

Wyatt gone from WWE.

WTF? This guy is awesome! Maybe he will go to the AEW wrestling like Daniel Bryant and Punk as well as Jericho and Sting.

The WWE isn't good or fair to their wrestlers. McMahon needs to go and get a new better head.

On 7/28/2021 at 1:02 PM, Kayo Michell said:

https://youtu.be/l7SxaNMPa18

When Roman says he was expecting Cena to comeback with something new and special, but instead he put on a nostalgia act, I couldn't help myself but to relate this with the upcoming GNR tour :lol:

I think Cena is coming now to promote his role in the Suicide Squad.

Cena is probably get a huge paycheck.

• 3 weeks later...

Do we reckon (assuming he's genuinely gonna be there) that we'll get some shithousery from Punk prior?

Show is on the air and fans getting restless, he's tagging himself at Gregg's (or whatever the Chicago area equivalent is) to make out he's not anywhere near. Jericho had done that in the past for returns. Posting pictures of himself apparently on holiday somewhere and then appearing on RAW shortly after.

1 hour ago, Gunner55 said:

Greatest wrestling night ever in my life of watching wrestling. We knew it was coming, but did we? I'm so happy. 

It truly was fucking amazing. Tickets on the secondary market for the PPV have sky rocketed to $990 since Punk's appearance. Mental. Says it all.