Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

3 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Jeff hardy unlike sunny is someone I really want to turn it around but maybe WWE weren’t as much in the wrong when they released Jeff. 

Time has definitely proven the Fed right. I’ve been seeing a lot of posts saying Tony should’ve washed his hands of him etc - I really do hope we see him back to his best regardless if he steps in a ring again. Health is wealth.

17 hours ago, Dean said:

Time has definitely proven the Fed right. I’ve been seeing a lot of posts saying Tony should’ve washed his hands of him etc - I really do hope we see him back to his best regardless if he steps in a ring again. Health is wealth.

He and Matt have had amazing careers and have nothing left to achieve really. That dream match with the bucks was awful and Jeff is done. I think it was survivor series last year and he was in the traditional SS match and he looked in pain and him swanton bombing opponents by landing on them full force is up there with Randy savage in 1999 doing the elbow off the top and killing his opponent.

vince mcmahon has agreed to step back from his responsibilities as chairman and CEO while the wrestling company's board investigates him for alleged misconduct.

In the meantime, his daughter Stephanie McMahon, will serve as interim CEO and interim chairwoman.

thoughts on this news

3 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

vince mcmahon has agreed to step back from his responsibilities as chairman and CEO while the wrestling company's board investigates him for alleged misconduct.

In the meantime, his daughter Stephanie McMahon, will serve as interim CEO and interim chairwoman.

thoughts on this news

Never believed that he’d actually step down even if only temporarily unless it was in a pine box. Hopefully John Laurentius gets shitcanned if nothing else.

Edited by IrishgunnerII
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well god damn pal I’ve been a wrestling fan for the majority of my life and wwf/then WWE was my first experience of it and I always assumed Vince McMahon would keep going until he died but obviously the recent stories made that less likely. Hopefully Kevin Dunn is next out the door so the camera work on WWE TV and PPVs isn’t headache inducing with its constant camera cuts. 

I assume the shit was about to hit the fan imminently and this was the only way to stop the company getting the backlash with all of these allegations. Still crazy though.

”If he’s gone, I’m gone” - that’s what Meltzer and co have claimed Lesnar said as he walked out.

On 7/23/2022 at 3:37 AM, Dean said:

I assume the shit was about to hit the fan imminently and this was the only way to stop the company getting the backlash with all of these allegations. Still crazy though.

”If he’s gone, I’m gone” - that’s what Meltzer and co have claimed Lesnar said as he walked out.

WWE is filing amended financial statements after discovering that Vinny Mac spent $15mil in off-the-books expenses (dollars to donuts those were the hush payments). I expect the Board of Directors got that nailed down last week and gave him the chance to retire or be fired.

• Like 2

Saw Summer Slam on Saturday night. Was pissed the Miz lost to that internet moron.  I see Miz getting revenge.

Great seeing Maris. That woman is so beautiful and tough too. Love the "IT" couple.

So happy Roman Reigns won. Love this guy. The whole match was crazy, but so very entertaining.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:19 AM, kingcanyon said:

show's should start getting better now

Good because Vince is a stupid moron and has done too many wrong things to many good WWE wrestlers over the years. I hope HHH and Stephanie do better by their wrestlers. They word hard and deserve to be respected and cared for.

1 hour ago, kingcanyon said:

i still don't understand why ric needed to wrestle again

I'm on the same boat, but the previous response he gave for the other bouts was that he had alimony to pay to three women - he said himself that this time around money wasn't the motivator and that he was going to give a better version of himself than he gave in 2009. I don't think he came close to that, but they put on some show.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dean said:

I'm on the same boat, but the previous response he gave for the other bouts was that he had alimony to pay to three women - he said himself that this time around money wasn't the motivator and that he was going to give a better version of himself than he gave in 2009. I don't think he came close to that, but they put on some show.

I’m glad it wasn’t a singles match. Look. The show was fun as hell. It wasn’t a tribalist proprietary show. Flair is a guy who worked everywhere, and he brought talent from everywhere to celebrate his career. This wasn’t about a match so much as it was letting him go out on his own terms once and for all. Good show, good farewell. Now please just never come back again 😂😂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Outside of watching WrestleMania ever year, I haven't watched any wrestling product in quite some time. 

Last night, we happened to be home so I threw Extreme Rules on as it was started. I ended up being really entertained! I will most likely watch Raw tomorrow for the first time in ages because I liked Extreme Rules so much. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was born in 85', very into wrestling until 1996 or so. Around that time I thought I'm too old for this... and i was 11... it was so fucking dumb. I think back on people i knew at the time who took it so seriously - shout out Bonnie Whynot. Did she think the Ultimate Warrior is some sort of animal they keep in a cage backstage? The Undertaker is an actual undertaker who moonlights as a wrestler? i try not to think about it too much otherwise it's super depressing.

When I was like 8 i would be wearing my ultimate warrior shirt and adults around me would scoff "that's so phony" - and they were right, i mean obviously they were right, but they were right to have that reaction because it was presented as legit, they should have dismissed it because it was fucking insane. Acknowledging the phoniness of it changed everything and I'm only now catching up.

This year I watched wrestlemania, watched the raw after, and since then I'm 100% back in baby. It's so amazing how this thing has changed. Now everybody is in on the joke, it's a collective performance, the crowd is as important as the performers. It's so fucking good it's hard to really explain to people (I've tried).

When i turn on my bathroom fan, which is push button, I do it maximum male models style. It's a lot of fun and I encourage you to do the same. Maybe live stream it. and whatever happens after.

Thanks for hearing me out - i have a good will offering - I recreated the Wrestlemania 4 poster and a 88' Macho Man poster in high res, had a local print shop create posters (shout out chinese print shops, copyrights can get fucked)  - if interested i'll send you the files

• 2 months later...