Are men upset with women?

Orsys

I did ask which jobs us little ole girls could have. His response was those suited for women. So I said, oh so President, bank manager, CEO of major corps. He said "Uh, no dear" I kid you not.

So you punched him right? ;)

How on earth did you manage to sit through that dinner?

I did ask which jobs us little ole girls could have. His response was those suited for women. So I said, oh so President, bank manager, CEO of major corps. He said "Uh, no dear" I kid you not.

I glanced and saw that line from Orsys, and just assumed it was a guidance counselor :lol: - sorry.

It's just the other end of the spectrum opposite the hardcore male-hating feminists. People are stupid. Who gives a shit.

I don't get why some dudes in general are so threatened by feminism, at least what most women practice as feminism. Some women take it a bit far, no doubt. Every "feminist" I've dated though just wanted to skip the chivalry, pay for dinner as much as I did, drive here and there, and not be talked down to like a delicate helpless little girl. Verses being with somebody who has a more traditional idea of dating, it's more relaxed. Not such a terrible thing.

• Like 3

Me. I love life. Only other guy in my 6 people crew is that man that used to be a woman, I love life, in Soho with my Lesbians. :D They're sweet/cool, and I love life; they don't hate men, they love me/ life is cool, I love my friends, they're all black lesbians and one who is bi... That demographic dawned on me as I smiled last night in Soho, don't know, don't care, somehow someway, I love my Soho crew :D there's also more, like this girl from CA/AZ - raised in Sacramento then moved to Arizona... She's a lesbian, wasn't out last night when I was/? maybe she was later? , she's not black, thought she was Hispanic, turns out he's Native American, but its all good, and this next girl from Portugal too... Haven't seen her in a while, anyway, - there's loads; Love my Soho crew.

Edited by Snake-Pit

That's the problem with corporatist feminism. The holy grail is President, bank manager or CEO. Well, off with your fuckin' heads too if that's what you aspire to.

That's the problem with corporatist feminism. The holy grail is President Prime Minister, bank manager or CEO. Well, off with your fuckin' heads too if that's what you aspire to.

Some things should just be universal aspirations.

The femenists I know (allegedly) refuse to give head because they think it empowers men. Fuck them...

Hmmm, .i would have thought it empowered women.

When I told him I am the director of IT I thought his head would explode.

I believe that the best revenge is living well. It is for him to hate my achievements, not me. I'm enjoying them.

It was an odd evening MB. Of course we had other good conversation before and after this.

That's the problem with corporatist feminism. The holy grail is President, bank manager or CEO. Well, off with your fuckin' heads too if that's what you aspire to.

It is just important to aspire to something.

• Like 2

Men are losing in society because it is set up to promote and support the woman at the expense of men (e.g. woman gets man's job).

You would think it would at least make them feel a little better that they earn more money than we do for doing the same job.

The courts in divorces favour women in settlements and custody (aren't most judges still men or are we taking that over too?)

I'm friends with several divorced couples who had children. Not one of the dads petitioned for full custody. Their biggest problem was agreeing to how much money their ex's deserved for raising their kids a majority of the time. Otherwise, every other weekend, one night for dinner during the week, and holidays / vacations to be determined, was good enough for them.

Society will suffer and eventually cease in some way because women are not filling their intended biological role (men hunt, women cook, clean, satisfy men and have babies).

I personally know more working moms than stay at home moms. And the one thing all these working moms have in common, especially those with very young children, is that they wish they didn't HAVE to work. Every single one of these women, if allowed to make the choice, would much rather be at home right now raising their own children than paying someone else to do it for them. The price for quality daycare is astronomical, but it still winds up being more cost effective for them with the additional income they bring home. Certainly if their husbands were able to earn enough to support their families and live the traditional lifestyle, this wouldn't be an issue in most households.

We were told the other night that the movement is bigger than we think and to get ready. I said "What do I wear?" I swear I thought the guy wanted to belt me (which was also something they felt was a right that they lost. yup he said that).

Funny. I've got this vision in my head of you sitting at the dinner table with the cast of the Sopranos.

• Like 1

It is not anything new really is it? How many female presidents or prime ministers

are there in the history of Canada, US, England France or any other country in the world?

It should of course be about 50/50 or more women than men (women are more for peace

and less for childish wars). The fact is that Switzerland allowed women to vote in 1971 and

in some areas as late as 1989. In some other countries: UK 1928, France 1944, Italy 1945

and US 1920. I am sure there are still a lot of countries where women are still not allowed to

vote let alone speak in public or show their face.

Female children are used as sex slaves (“wives”) at 8 (Yemen), sold to brothels at 13 (India),

in some countries if women are raped they are killed by their fathers and brothers and

the rapists go free, and even in “civilized” countries it is not unusual to see older men with

teenagers they bought from the developing countries.

A lot of people have opinions about feminism which have all to do with ignorance. What kind

of moron is against gender equality? Equality does not mean that I cannot like cooking or that

I should spend 50% of my free time fixing cars.

I like the 50/50 model in parenting after divorce if both parents are normal caring persons

and that is what the children want. This model of course only works in countries where

women are allowed to work and are paid about the same amount of money of the same

work as men, and there is an affordable daycare system for the children.

For the most part, males have dominated commerce and politics for as long as human beings have been around. You're going to find a few individuals who feel uncomfortable when things start to change. But they're deluding themselves if they think we'll be going back to how it once was. They're just angry and scared, which I believe forms the basis of the Republican platform these days (zing!) :P

Though, I do think there are some areas where we have become a little too sensitive. For most of the 1990s and 2000s, you would never see a commercial where, of the two people depicted, the woman played the buffoon. It was always the female who played the foil to her imbecile male counterpart. Advertisers couldn't have it the other way around out of fear of being accused of peddling in misogyny.

So I get the pushback that some men exhibit. Unfortunately, such concern too often devolves into anger and disdain for women. I do believe some criticisms of third-wave feminism are legitimate, but it's wrong to use some of the overreaches by certain feminists to condemn the entire movement.

Good typic Orsys!

Man, any group who are historically the most powerful are going to struggle to make concessions for the sake of equality, how many times have you heard the bullshit phrase "I just feel like it's not okay to be a straight, white, protestant male anymore..." or similar depending on the country you're in? These people are being made to confront a fraction of the discrimination that has been perpetrated in their name against minorities throughout history and they feel so fucking entitled that they throw the toys out of the pram when they are perceived to be disadvantaged even a little bit.

That doesn't mean I believe in "positive discrimination", not choosing someone for a job because they are a straight, white, protestant male is every bit as bad as not choosing someone who isn't; true equality should mean the best candidate for the job gets it regardless of what the fuck they are, physically, culturally, spiritually etc. It's a difficult line to tread tbh.

Good post.

What I don't get is this delayed reaction to feminism and equality. I mean, if this was a reaction from men who feel threatened by the empowerment of women, why is there a national growing anti-women movement now? If we were suffering hard times, then yes, I could understand it, because hate always thrives when people suffer. But we aren't. If women just recently were allowed the same rights in the work place, etc, then yes, again I could understand such a direct reaction from men who felt threatened. But this is 2014 and it's been decades since women gained their rights. Why am I registering a growing anti-feminism, anti-equality, anti-women now? What are the driving factors behing young men in Norway today lashing out against emancipation, equal rights, and feminism? It is a bit worrisome.

Thanks Downzy.

I studied those commercials that make men out to be buffoons when I was doing my MBA. It was interesting that most were developed by male teams, and the aim was to women who were perceived to have the buying power in the home.

P4A, I also have female friends that would have preferred the option of staying home to raise their kids. I brought this up at dinner and the MGTOW guys said that's what we get for going against the biological plan.

I was so tempted to ask which of the guys had hunted the chickens we were having for dinner and which woman plucked the feathers, but didn't because ironically the host couple were a stay at home dad who was loving his time with the kids, and a mom who had a senior role at a large company, raking in the dollars. They both cooked the dinner. They shook their heads a few times during the discussion. It was great.

• Like 1

It was actually the use of 'dear' what made me want to punch him.:lol:

There is no holy grail. It's different for everybody. For some it's being a stay at home mother, a carpenter or a CEO etc. it's all good. But it should be possible to aspire those jobs and hopefully for her achieve that goal.

I personally don't know guys, who stuggle with equality to be honest (or so I think). It's interesting to read there is a 'movement'.

Man, any group who are historically the most powerful are going to struggle to make concessions for the sake of equality, how many times have you heard the bullshit phrase "I just feel like it's not okay to be a straight, white, protestant male anymore..." or similar depending on the country you're in? These people are being made to confront a fraction of the discrimination that has been perpetrated in their name against minorities throughout history and they feel so fucking entitled that they throw the toys out of the pram when they are perceived to be disadvantaged even a little bit.

That doesn't mean I believe in "positive discrimination", not choosing someone for a job because they are a straight, white, protestant male is every bit as bad as not choosing someone who isn't; true equality should mean the best candidate for the job gets it regardless of what the fuck they are, physically, culturally, spiritually etc. It's a difficult line to tread tbh.

But while a group is discriminated against, it takes a little while for the pendulum to swing back the other way. I think the gap between female and male pay must be finally narrowing in North America. Still lots of work to do in other parts of the world.

I hire a lot of technical people and I really don't think I could have built as strong a team if I was concerned about gender or race. I want the skills and ability to communicate, and I want to develop those that I hire. We have a great mix of men and women and nationalities. So I believe we are getting closer to your ideal, in North America at least.

It was actually the use of 'dear' what made me want to punch him.:lol:

There is no holy grail. It's different for everybody. For some it's being a stay at home mother, a carpenter or a CEO etc. it's all good. But it should be possible to aspire those jobs and hopefully for her achieve that goal.

I personally don't know guys, who stuggle with equality to be honest (or so I think). It's interesting to read there is a 'movement'.

Yes, "dear" was funny, especially if you know me. Several people looked at me quickly when he said it, but honestly, it made him look like a goof. I didn't have to say anything in reply.

• Like 1

Good post.

What I don't get is this delayed reaction to feminism and equality. I mean, if this was a reaction from men who feel threatened by the empowerment of women, why is there a national growing anti-women movement now? If we were suffering hard times, then yes, I could understand it, because hate always thrives when people suffer. But we aren't. If women just recently were allowed the same rights in the work place, etc, then yes, again I could understand such a direct reaction from men who felt threatened. But this is 2014 and it's been decades since women gained their rights. Why am I registering a growing anti-feminism, anti-equality, anti-women now? What are the driving factors behing young men in Norway today lashing out against emancipation, equal rights, and feminism? It is a bit worrisome.

It's because of the recent growth of the internet community of vocal extremist feminists. Unfortunately, their sometimes ridiculous sentiments (and abrasive way of expressing them) is used to characterize the movement.

Edited by Jakey Styley