Hard Rock employee allegedly says Axl will debut new song on next residency

Ur a retard. See it works. And something is not a fact just because you think it might be.

I can't see it work because It doesn't work like that. You would say "you are a retard" or "you're a retard", "ur a retard" is grammatically incorrect.

"Ur" is an abbreviation commonly used to replace "your" - that's a fact you can't refute. If you need any more schooling, please let me know.

You must be part Mongolian

I don't know what you're trying to say here but I guess my job is done since you're completely changing the subject.

Job isn't done. Was just bored with your emotional issues of trying to be right. Obsessive and delusional.

Correction: Not "trying to be", because I was right the entire time. You, on the other hand, was completely wrong and showed signs of ignorance. If I were you, I would start working on that ASAP. It's very ridiculous.

I hate to butt in here but Nosaj I picked up something you said:-

you, on the other hand, was completely wrong

It should be were but a minor slipup. :shrugs: Also Americans spell differently to us, favor-favour, labor-labour etc. Wonder why it was changed?

Another thing I notice is that people here type I could care less when shouldn't it be I couldn't care less? Or mix up then/than.

Maybe those years at school being hit over the knuckles by rulers made me extra cautious about spelling. Don't put it down to lack of education, people are clever at different things that's all.

The worst speller on this site I can't name as I don't want to cause embarrassment but there's a good reason why they should be a good speller. Then again I don't know if English is their first language so many times I let things go.

This deserves a new thread without the insults, I've read books & been totally disgusted with the spelling mistakes in them & noticed in library books people have written the correct spelling in the column. :P

Thanks. Sometimes I write something and then choose to word it differently. I didn't notice that I wrote was instead of were. Good eye!

I understand what you're saying, however, "ur" is part of a slang. It had more to do with the fact of using slang than misspelling.

Edit: Take my error for example. What would you say if I tell you that I was correct when I used "was" instead of "were" because "you was" is commonly used by uneducated people and it is part of a slang? That would sound stupid.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

K... Going to leave the last two posts because that needs to be the end of the grammar and diction lessons. The rest of the posts are gone.

Please refrain from using personal insults when commenting on anything (come on guys, all of this over grammar?).

General warning here, next to offend gets a time out. :book:

Aww.... we were just getting started. I wasn't criticising Nosaj as it was a genuine mistake & don't have a problem with him at all.

Just having a bit of fun, no insults, no name calling on either side - all is good.

:P

Well I can't answer you Nosaj as I don't want time out. However if the naughty corner means I have to come to America to stand in, I might answer you & you can come visit me with chocolate, donuts & a cuppa. :(

Edited by rock4eva