Interior Decoration

Orsys

Thats basically like Magnolia? That shit is out young lady, these days like, Chiffon White, shit like that people go for? What the fuck kinda place you moving to with high ceilings and shit, must be goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :) I guess it's not exactly magnolia. You going for carpet or...? You need to get some carpet and shit, 80/20 wool, those densely woven ones...and stair bars, the lady needs stair bars.

Ever considered like wallpaper? I miss wallpaper, get some of that flock wallpaper with the fuckin' 60s art deco type designs, cost a fuckin' bomb probably but whats money before asthetics? You need to consider how all your shit goes with the shit too, you gonna like, get all new gear for it or just move your stuff over? If so is there any like, consistency to your furnishings?

I'd love to get fuckin' flock wallpaper, a massive dinner table, some really poncey Victorian silverware with my flock wallpaper, the whole fuckin' set up, you gotta make this shit impressive to the crumpet when you get em round, know what I mean? :lol: Ask a girl to take her shoes off at the door and you exponentially increase your chances of shaggin' her before the nights out. How did this become about shaggin'? :lol: I think I'm just trying to justify my interior designing :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

I realize that. We will get to where I should hang an AFD poster. But everyone has a sense of colour.

So if you were moving into a place with nine foot ceilings, gorgeous dark wood trim and fireplace, wooden floors what would you do with it? .assume you have decent money to spend. My biggest problem is the paint. White is too much for walls that high and I want some colour but don't want it dark.

Huge bay window in the front ,ets lots of lights in.

This will be interesting when I ask what type of fridge is best. Beer fridges not allowed.

So if you were moving into a place with nine foot ceilings, gorgeous dark wood trim and fireplace, wooden floors what would you do with it?

Attempt to perserve and accentuate those features. Do it all white, trust me it'll look so airy and bright. if not white make sure it's something bright cuz you wanna offset the dark wood trim. And then like, get some coving for it, to break it up, keep it from being a little too plain. High ceiling are great also for ceiling roses bang in the centre? That'll look gorgeous. Fireplace, depends what it looks like, whats the height, the depth, look into it, whats special about it, does it need restoring, if it has some kinda antiquity then perhaps look to restore it or something.

But coving and ceiling roses, trust me. Look at the property, find out when it was built, look at places from around that time and see what those designs were set up for, get little hints from that and then Orsysize it according to your taste.

Wooden floors just throw a rug dead centre, splash out on something really cool, there's only the one of em and it's kinda the centrepiece of the room. Myself I'd avoid those light and fluffy looking things that girls seem to fuckin' love in favour of something like those persian things with the intricate designs on em...but they can look pretty fuckin' tacky if you drop the ball with em so, y'know, gotta fit it into the room.

And oh, Chesterfield sofa and arm chairs, Ox blood leather ;)

Edited by Len B'stard

love the color, Orsys. you should definitely go for it!

im moving too, and i had to start from scratch. so i've chosen wallpaper of approximately the same color for my living room :) it's an old building with high ceilings as well but no fireplace, unfortunately.

and guess what, Len, it has a ceiling rose, so you'd probably approve :)

also im a big fan of gray color, so that's how i decorated my bedroom
and the bathroom looks more or less like this (i used this tiles collection, but my bathroom is much smaller)

jqhwqx.jpg

Some good ideas. What is a ceiling rose?

The house just turned 100 and is dripping with charm. It's a large fireplace. The mantel is about five feet high. it is not overly ornate but I will definitely want to play it up. The living room is large so I have to get more furniture. I'm allergic to dust so may limit the rug to something in the middle but not too big. I agree with you Len, on the rug. It should be a design piece. The furniture will be understated I think so the rugs, pillows will be highlights.

But window treatments. I am stymied over window treatments in a century house. I don't want heavy curtains. There are 100 year old maple trees in a large front yard so shades to get lots of light will be important.

But window treatments. I am stymied over window treatments in a century house. I don't want heavy curtains. There are 100 year old maple trees in a large front yard so shades to get lots of light will be important.

what do you think of Roman shades / fabric blinds?

got myself some of these for the bedroom

jqq5xh.jpg

and this is a ceiling rose / ceiling center (i didn't make it, it was already there)

14jyfkg.jpg

Edited by netcat

Some good ideas. What is a ceiling rose?

The house just turned 100 and is dripping with charm. It's a large fireplace. The mantel is about five feet high. it is not overly ornate but I will definitely want to play it up. The living room is large so I have to get more furniture. I'm allergic to dust so may limit the rug to something in the middle but not too big. I agree with you Len, on the rug. It should be a design piece. The furniture will be understated I think so the rugs, pillows will be highlights.

Depends on what sort of windows there are, where the sun comes up in relation to the house so you can get the best light over the course of a day. I think those fabric blinds that netcat posted look pretty fuckin' sick, perhaps those rolley wood bamboo type ones but they might potential look out of place. the best kinds are like:

http://blindfactory.assets2.blockshome.com/assets/blind-factory-optimised-backgrounds/OlPr4ZjTj93hbts/vertical-02-background.jpg

Can they fold up nice and neat, you get good coverage, on a sunny day they still kinda keep a bit of light there cuz they're...opalescent or translucent or whatever the fuckin' word is, you know what i mean, the shit shines through em a bit! :lol:

What sort of windows are they? A standing room light, a couple of them in each corner would do good too. The best thing with a property which has its own kinda outstanding features is to keep it minimal, don't stifle its qualities by attempting to do too much with it.

I actually have different colors in all my rooms.

I love bright colors especially for the bedrooms.

I've always done my kitchen in yellow. It makes things seem bright.

I do have beige in my dining room and bathrooms and I have many colorful things on my walls and on my tables.

My bedroom is a pale green and the tv room is blue. My livingroom is a brighter green.

I love changing my house for the different seasons including different shower curtains and rugs for my bathrooms.

I think curtains make a room look nicer too.

If you use a bisque paint, I hope you have many paintings and things for your wall to brighten up the rooms. I just think it shows a part of you in your place and makes things seem more homey.