Mr. Brownstone Music Video

This is everything that people think of when they think of, well, Guns N' Roses. GREAT JOB editing. I wish these ass-holes (Axl, Slash, Duff, etc.), get their act together and pull the last little bit of magic that IS LEFT, out of the hat. They still have a bit of time left, believe me.

If the world ever needed a Guns N' Roses, it's now.

Get past your differences, boys.

Talk, hug, kiss & make up.

And make millions doing it.

• Like 1

This is everything that people think of when they think of, well, Guns N' Roses. GREAT JOB editing. I wish these ass-holes (Axl, Slash, Duff, etc.), get their act together and pull the last little bit of magic that IS LEFT, out of the hat. They still have a bit of time left, believe me.

If the world ever needed a Guns N' Roses, it's now.

Get past your differences, boys.

Talk, hug, kiss & make up.

And make millions doing it.

lol

Good video, though

• Like 1

Good Work ! ! !

I have the same idea with the whole Live Era 87 - 93 album . I have all pro Shots Bootlegs and many rare footages from documentaries or unreleased music videos from Marc Racco. So i put all together to awesome 2 hours Video :-).. But i need time.. so maybe i'm finished in 2016, because i want to change the color, brightness on all videos to look like the same... Example: The Ritz show looks so yellow, Argentina 93 looks so blue and the St. Louis Show looks so red, so i edit the color to looks the same....

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1

WOW! Very cool video. you did a great job.

Loved seeing GNR back in their successful years.

Loved Axl's fashion changes. lol

You are super talented.

The video made me smile. I wish I would have seen GNR back then. It would have been an amazing experience and a wonderful memory now.

• Like 1

WOW, what to say about this?

It rocks! :headbang:

You clearly know what you`re doing. I have no idea if you are a professional but you can be if you want/

Well, having said that, I have a lot of criticism for the video. Hope you enjoy reading it and hopefully it will help you make an even better one next time.

ON TIME SYNC and IMAGE FITTING THE SONG = Terrific time sync. This is the best synched non-official video I have ever seen. I can`t say one bad word about it. It`s better than some official GNR videos. Congrats! Having said that I have one criticism to do. It`s pretty clear that you used mostly scenes of the band actually playing ~Brownstone'. Nothing wrong with that but if I were you I`d also use scenes from other songs to add drama. I am pretty sure you can find lots of more expressive and dramatic moves scenes on footage from other songs. Of course that will make it much harder for you to fit these scenes into sync with the song. I`d never suggest this to another less-talented and less-determined person, but judging by your work on this video I think you are very, very capable of doing it.

ON SONG CHOICE = Great pick, Brownstone is one of the best GNR tracks. I just would NEVER choose a 1992-1993 version of this song to do a video. This (1992-1993) is a time when the band was dying onstage (Axl himself said that) and there was no Izzy and no Steven and to make it even worse Slash and Duff were zombies on this era (and Matt had a terrible sound on his drums). Don`t get me wrong, these guys dying onstage are better than 99% of the bands that ever existed but the thing is that the original line up played this song like no one else will ever do. If I were you I`d pick an Appetite-era version. If you wanna use the illusion scenes, you still can use footage from 1991 when Izzy was still in the band. Which leads me to he next topic...

ON SCENES CHOICE = You chose great. Lots of great scenes. I`d do a tad different though. I`d not (never ever) mix Appetite-era scenes with UYI-era scenes. It just doesnt make any sense, it`s like 2 different bands. I actually wouldnt even mix club days scenes with Appetite-era scenes, but I wouldn`t complain a lot if you did it. If I was to make an Illusion-era clip for the song, I`d pick only 1991 scenes, there are quite a lot of them out there. I notice that you used Rio and 1991, Indiana 1991, Alpine Valley 1991, I guess you didn`t use anything from St Louis 1991 or Marc Racco 1991 stuff, right? I`d go for those.

ON TIME EACH MEMBERS APPEARS = I think you put too much Axl on it. It`s only natural that Axl occupies the majority of the scenes but I really miss the other guys, specially Izzy, who barely appears. There are a few useful things you can achieve by using more footage of the other guys. One of them is to achieve smooth transitions between Axl images. Instead of going from this Axl scenes to that Axl scene, you can add some other guy footage in between Axl scenes to make the transition smoother. Also you can use more scenes where the guys are interacting onstage, it adds a lot to the video. Like the scene you did where Axl plays with the roadie while sings the song. There are many nice scenes where Axl interacts with Izzy, Duff and Slash onstage, I`d go for those.

I can`t think of anything else to say right now.

Well hope that can be useful. Congrats again and thanks for sharing your work.

• Like 1

You clearly know what you`re doing. I have no idea if you are a professional but you can be if you want/

Well, having said that, I have a lot of criticism for the video. Hope you enjoy reading it and hopefully it will help you make an even better one next time.

ON TIME SYNC and IMAGE FITTING THE SONG = Terrific time sync. This is the best synched non-official video I have ever seen. I can`t say one bad word about it. It`s better than some official GNR videos. Congrats! Having said that I have one criticism to do. It`s pretty clear that you used mostly scenes of the band actually playing ~Brownstone'. Nothing wrong with that but if I were you I`d also use scenes from other songs to add drama. I am pretty sure you can find lots of more expressive and dramatic moves scenes on footage from other songs. Of course that will make it much harder for you to fit these scenes into sync with the song. I`d never suggest this to another less-talented and less-determined person, but judging by your work on this video I think you are very, very capable of doing it.

ON SONG CHOICE = Great pick, Brownstone is one of the best GNR tracks. I just would NEVER choose a 1992-1993 version of this song to do a video. This (1992-1993) is a time when the band was dying onstage (Axl himself said that) and there was no Izzy and no Steven and to make it even worse Slash and Duff were zombies on this era (and Matt had a terrible sound on his drums). Don`t get me wrong, these guys dying onstage are better than 99% of the bands that ever existed but the thing is that the original line up played this song like no one else will ever do. If I were you I`d pick an Appetite-era version. If you wanna use the illusion scenes, you still can use footage from 1991 when Izzy was still in the band. Which leads me to he next topic...

ON SCENES CHOICE = You chose great. Lots of great scenes. I`d do a tad different though. I`d not (never ever) mix Appetite-era scenes with UYI-era scenes. It just doesnt make any sense, it`s like 2 different bands. I actually wouldnt even mix club days scenes with Appetite-era scenes, but I wouldn`t complain a lot if you did it. If I was to make an Illusion-era clip for the song, I`d pick only 1991 scenes, there are quite a lot of them out there. I notice that you used Rio and 1991, Indiana 1991, Alpine Valley 1991, I guess you didn`t use anything from St Louis 1991 or Marc Racco 1991 stuff, right? I`d go for those.

ON TIME EACH MEMBERS APPEARS = I think you put too much Axl on it. It`s only natural that Axl occupies the majority of the scenes but I really miss the other guys, specially Izzy, who barely appears. There are a few useful things you can achieve by using more footage of the other guys. One of them is to achieve smooth transitions between Axl images. Instead of going from this Axl scenes to that Axl scene, you can add some other guy footage in between Axl scenes to make the transition smoother. Also you can use more scenes where the guys are interacting onstage, it adds a lot to the video. Like the scene you did where Axl plays with the roadie while sings the song. There are many nice scenes where Axl interacts with Izzy, Duff and Slash onstage, I`d go for those.

Thanks a lot! I didn't use footage from other song performances because I have and will continue to make multiple music videos so if something sweet happened in one Welcome to the Jungle performance, I'll save that for my Welcome to the Jungle video. I used the Tokyo 1992 version of Mr. Brownstone mainly because I personally think it's the best audio quality live performance of it and contains literally zero mistakes that I could find unlike other performances. About the mixing of Appetite and Illusions lineups, yeah I know it doesn't look the greatest. I tried using as much UYI era stuff as I could since that's where most of their pro-shot footage is from. I tried to keep the Appetite era stuff of mainly Axl, Slash, and Duff since they are playing the song in the performance you are hearing. I try to keep everything as legit as possible. In the future, I'll definitely make sure to only use the Appetite lineup if it's the Appetite lineup playing and vice versa. And yeah I noticed I had too much Axl toward the end of me editing it and will for sure fix that for the next time. Thanks again!

The editing is great, but why did you choose that dull and awfully mixed Tokyo performance? That's a shame...

I personally think it's the best audio of any live Brownstone and contains the least amount of mistakes.

Thanks a lot! I didn't use footage from other song performances because I have and will continue to make multiple music videos so if something sweet happened in one Welcome to the Jungle performance, I'll save that for my Welcome to the Jungle video. I used the Tokyo 1992 version of Mr. Brownstone mainly because I personally think it's the best audio quality live performance of it and contains literally zero mistakes that I could find unlike other performances. About the mixing of Appetite and Illusions lineups, yeah I know it doesn't look the greatest. I tried using as much UYI era stuff as I could since that's where most of their pro-shot footage is from. I tried to keep the Appetite era stuff of mainly Axl, Slash, and Duff since they are playing the song in the performance you are hearing. I try to keep everything as legit as possible. In the future, I'll definitely make sure to only use the Appetite lineup if it's the Appetite lineup playing and vice versa. And yeah I noticed I had too much Axl toward the end of me editing it and will for sure fix that for the next time. Thanks again!

Glad you enjoeyd the talk. Good luck for next video. Is it gonna be Jungle?