Bumblefoot/Guns N’ Roses (New Statement From Ron 02/20)

I just want to say: the Guns camp is doing a terrific job of keeping us in the dark while shutting up Bumble so he can't really flat out say it.

Maybe they're still talking, but my guess is Bumble out.

I won't be surprised if he ever returns or even for the next tour, but I think for now, he's out.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

New, new, new, new Guns. Version 4 is imminent. Maybe Axl will get it right next time.

He will never stop losing talent as long as he's taking too long to do shit like releasing albums and working with your guitar player that is 8 years in the band lol.

Bumble is a real musician. He likes to release music and this was the first time he joined a band in his career. He expected logical things. Things that Axl can't give him. So it becomes only about touring and money and this is not why someone like Bumble is in it for. He's in it for the love of creating music and releasing it and sharing it with his fans. He's not really a good fit for something like new Guns where it all revolves around what one man is dictating based on his way of doing things which is a very slow and extreme process compared to almost any other musician and how others do things.

DJ will probably stay no matter what. He seems content and has more access to Axl as a musician. He's in for the ride and he loves it.

Fortus is used to being a session musician, and is also happy enough with his band and getting paid and being in new Guns. He treats it more like a job. He accepts Axl terms so it's cool and sad cause he doesn't expect shit to be different.

Bumble is a different animal. He does have musical integrity and he cares deeply about his fans. Guns fans as well. He can't really agree to something like this on principal.

It was just a matter of time.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Much in the vein of Buckethead, Ron is a fantastically talented musician who doesn't want to sacrifice his time and energy into something so dormant and life sapping as a stale, industry-wide joke of a band like GnR.

Both probably thought it would work out and that things would change for the better, both lost their patience and both left. Fair play to them. Axl now need to be careful and find another cookie cutter, bang average, yes man like Ashba to work with and he will be fine. I cannot though fathom why Fortus is still there....

He had so little imput on CD and is performing the same old Townsend arm swinging act that he has been since the early 00's, worse than that, he plays second fiddle to Ashba who couldn't change his guitar strings.... Each to their own, at least he is talented.

Good luck Ron!

Edited by T-Minus
  • Like 2

So that's that then, figured as much - I mean Ron has always been open (perhaps a bit too much!) with GN'R stuff so I guessed something must be up if he can't say anything. My guess is that he's out - the way he's talking in interviews gives that impression, especially the one where he described GN'R as a detour and now he's back on the right path (I'm paraphrasing). My hunch on this is that he's left but given that it's a period of downtime for Guns currently there's no need to announce his departure - maybe he also has the option to think it over and come back. I imagine we'll get the 100% official announcement when his replacement is announced.

I'm speculating here, but the fact that he's been told not to say anything is probably because he still has a deal with them that prohibits him from doing that. I doubt he'd hold on to the GnR status otherwise. Perhaps if a new album were to surface, it would also look dumb if BBF just quit the band, like it did when Bucket left before CD.

I'm speculating here, but the fact that he's been told not to say anything is probably because he still has a deal with them that prohibits him from doing that. I doubt he'd hold on to the GnR status otherwise. Perhaps if a new album were to surface, it would also look dumb if BBF just quit the band, like it did when Bucket left before CD.

Bucket was out in 2004, 4 years before CD finally surfaced in 2008...

Axl has hinted at a second album possibly coming soon, so maybe you're right. Maybe Ron does know that there is an album on the horizon, and would rather not ruin his chances of having his guitar parts intact on there, if he indeed has left.