Bumblefoot/Guns N’ Roses (New Statement From Ron 02/20)

Maybe you shouldn't have made such a dumbass agreement, Ron. Maybe you shouldn't have been dropping hints everywhere if you really cared all that much about the dumbass agreement. So stop your whining already.

I see ... you never liked that BBF guy either :lol:

Maybe you shouldn't have made such a dumbass agreement, Ron. Maybe you shouldn't have been dropping hints everywhere if you really cared all that much about the dumbass agreement. So stop your whining already.

I see ... you never liked that BBF guy either :lol:

Except unlike with the nutters, it's true that I never liked him, as a guitar player at least.

How can you sign orders such as that? All of these people, Robin, Bucket, Bumble, must have signed something gagging them. If Axl produces a document which states,

''I will not talk about Axl, Guns N' Roses, Team Brazil, or persons afflicted with those said organisations upon the event of my departure from, same organisations, under penalty of criminal proceedings''

I am going to tell Axl to shove that document up his arse.

And what does that tell you about the insecurity of these people, that they feel the need to shut people up?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

How can you sign orders such as that? All of these people, Robin, Bucket, Bumble, must have signed something gagging them. If Axl produces a document which states,

''I will not talk about Axl, Guns N' Roses, Team Brazil, or persons afflicted with those said organisations upon the event of my departure from, same organisations, under penalty of criminal proceedings''

I am going to tell Axl to shove that document up his arse.

And what does that tell you about the insecurity of these people, that they feel the need to shut people up?

It is looking more and more like he signed some sort of gag order. I hope it's true for the lulz.

That looks set in stone to me. It seems like Ron has put his resignation in, It's been accepted but management / Axl have decided the best thing to do is to pretend like nothing has happened. The problem there is that, a lot of people know, a lot of people knew this 6 months ago. There's something inherently wrong with GnR that they refuse to get in front of any sort of damaging stories.

How should they have handled Bumbles departure? "After 8 years with Guns N' Roses, Guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, has decided to leave the band to pursue his solo career. We wish him all the best with his future endeavours" Simple, and to the point.

The problem with not saying anything and then just getting in a new guy is, you've just spent 8 years with a really recognisable player (arguably the most well know of the 3), buildding him alongside your new steady lie up, now he's just going to disappear and some other shredder is going to take his place? people accepted Bucketheads departure because GnR weren't very active during his stint in the band, and most agreed that Bucket did not fit in GnR (his image at least). I expect a lot of magazines are going to be interested in a bumblefoot interview, it's going to distract from his solo album... and he is forever going to be the ex- GnR guitar player.

I don't think Rons departure will have any real effect on GnR as a touring entity, they're still going to draw the same crowds. Only a select few only went to GnR to watch bumble... and I stress the 'few' part. I will say that, in the live setting Bumble was the only other member of the band that you wanted to watch equally to Axl, Richard has a more Malcolm young role where e comes out of the dark and you go 'wow, that was cool' and then forget about him. Dj... think we all know what he does, and wish he didn't.

GnR have wasted an opportunity here. I wish him luck!

Maybe it's something to do with an upcoming album? If Bumble is on it then it'd be bad press if he's "officially really actually" out of the band when it comes out.

Exactly. If there is a contract in place that prevent BBF from doing irreparable damage to the band in case of leaving it, then GN'R lawyers would surely argue that that is what he is doing if he publicly leaves the band just before a new album release. And Axl loves them lawsuits.

Maybe it's something to do with an upcoming album? If Bumble is on it then it'd be bad press if he's "officially really actually" out of the band when it comes out.

I have some magic beans to sell you. PM me.

The point is not whether the band ACTUALLY will release a new record in short time, it is being able to pressure BBF not to say anything damaging, which would probably say anything about his reasons for leaving, by claiming the band is about to release. Basically, by signing such an agreement, if it really exists, BBF has left himself without option to say anything critical because lawyers would jump on him and say it is irreparble considering the band's strategies. It might be ludicruos but BBF wll be unable to fight it in court because he would have little to win and everything to lose.

Obviously CD2 would not sell 500 million worldwide if people knew BBF was out of the band.

It probably would have zero impact, but that is actually irrelevant as long as a team of lawyers representing GN'R claims that by criticising the band just before the planned album drops, causing the band to not release after all, BBF made irreparable damages to the former employer. Such an argument is made for long-drawn legal procedures and there is absolutely no reason BBF would even risk getting into it.

I have some magic beans to sell you. PM me.

:rofl-lol:

You're still a great poster, Amir.

Subsy said he heard the plan was for it to come out this year. Obviously in GNRWorld that could mean everything, but if that's the plan then such a contract would make sense. I don't know how long it would last, though, in the likely event an album doesn't come out, could such a contract keep Bumble silent indefinitely? Is it even a contract or just a "gentleman's agreement"? I don't know.