Bumblefoot/Guns N’ Roses (New Statement From Ron 02/20)

Is Bumble still getting paid? If so why is he whinging?

Are you not allowed to complain about your job, working conditions and things that bother you?

Do people work jobs that they absolutely hate?

Why is it different for Thal? He has the same right to voice his opinions on his employers, past or present.

• Like 3

What does "whinging" mean?

Do you mean whining? If so, how would you advise him to respond to the CONSTANT barrage of people asking him about GnR?

The guy was in Guns n Roses for eight years. The day after he resigns from the band he is no longer allowed to talk about them or respond to questions about his time in the band?

Are you not allowed to complain about your job, working conditions and things that bother you?

Why is it different for Thal? He has the same right to voice his opinions on his employers, past or present.

Dude, for real?

You seem to forget that working in GnR isn't just a normal job.

Just being in the presence of Axl is worth more than a paycheck. It's a life-changing experience.

BBF should be grateful that Axl allowed him to perform on the same stage as him.

Now BBF should just stfu and never speak of it again. Deep down he knows his entire career and LIFE is now meaningless because he is no longer in GnR.

The world revolves around Axl. BBF just blew it. For shame.

• Like 1

I told people here and elsewhere years ago that this band had gagging orders on its employees. I was told firsthand by Dizzy when I was supposed to be interviewing him in '06. Asshats such as Jarmo vehemently denied the existence of such clauses. This band is pathetic.

Wasn't it Dizzy who had a trainer publicist with him during a phone interview he did recently?

I told people here and elsewhere years ago that this band had gagging orders on its employees. I was told firsthand by Dizzy when I was supposed to be interviewing him in '06. Asshats such as Jarmo vehemently denied the existence of such clauses. This band is pathetic.

Fascinating, I've noticed people on other sites claiming that there weren't gag orders or written contracts with band members!

Fascinating, I've noticed people on other sites claiming that there weren't gag orders or written contracts with band members!

I was running a podcast at the time and was also running a fundraiser. I'd helped Dizzy find a European promoter once for one of his side-projects and he agreed to an interview. I also discussed an interview with Ron, and he was going to get me a t-shirt signed by the guys - except Axl(he didn't even want to ask him!) - which I was going to give away as part of the charity fundraiser. Anyway, when it transpired that both Ron and Dizzy were prohibited from discussing anything with me about the band (Dizzy telling me specifically that they were prohibited from discussing anything GNR related in interviews until at least after the '06 tour) I just dropped the whole thing.

Wasn't it Dizzy who had a trainer publicist with him during a phone interview he did recently?

I wouldn't be the guy to ask, but it wouldn't surprise me. Axl/Team B run this band like it's the fucking KGB. Consumed by their own self-importance despite their laughable lack of productivity, their songs are to be treated like state secrets and their behind-the-scenes activities, like some sort of covert warfare campaign. It's ludicrous. I suspect this preciousness is a big part of why we have had one album of original material in the last 23 years.

Edited by tomfriend

I wonder how these silencing orders would hold up in the court of law. You know with the first amendment and stuff!!

You gotta be an idiot to be silenced by an illegal contract and an inactive band. Unless they are still paying him then this is dumb....

Read between the lines. He's 'taking bullets', he's 'in a very awkward position'....well why wouldn't you just sack-up and say your piece? What's in it for him? If he's no longer on the band's payroll I can't imagine why he'd be so beholden to a former employee. Conclusion? He's still on the payroll.

I wonder how these silencing orders would hold up in the court of law. You know with the first amendment and stuff!!

You gotta be an idiot to be silenced by an illegal contract and an inactive band. Unless they are still paying him then this is dumb....

Read between the lines. He's 'taking bullets', he's 'in a very awkward position'....well why wouldn't you just sack-up and say your piece? What's in it for him? If he's no longer on the band's payroll I can't imagine why he'd be so beholden to a former employee. Conclusion? He's still on the payroll.

There are such things as post-termination restrictive covenants. How enforceable they are varies.

My thoughts too. Perhaps they're withholding a paycheck? Whatever it is, it's ironic because allowing them to speak freely would look far better for the GNR camp than having a (totally obvious) gag order on your bandmates. You can tell by the way that Dizzy and even DJ answer questions that there's something holding them back.

He needs to get onto his union.

• Like 1

I was running a podcast at the time and was also running a fundraiser. I'd helped Dizzy find a European promoter once for one of his side-projects and he agreed to an interview. I also discussed an interview with Ron, and he was going to get me a t-shirt signed by the guys - except Axl(he didn't even want to ask him!) - which I was going to give away as part of the charity fundraiser. Anyway, when it transpired that both Ron and Dizzy were prohibited from discussing anything with me about the band (Dizzy telling me specifically that they were prohibited from discussing anything GNR related in interviews until at least after the '06 tour) I just dropped the whole thing.

I wouldn't be the guy to ask, but it wouldn't surprise me. Axl/Team B run this band like it's the fucking KGB. Consumed by their own self-importance despite their laughable lack of productivity, their songs are to be treated like state secrets and their behind-the-scenes activities, like some sort of covert warfare campaign. It's ludicrous. I suspect this preciousness is a big part of why we have had one album of original material in the last 23 years.

Crazy

Your story seems odd since Robin openly talked about his tenure in the band after he had quit the first time, and Josh Freese and Brain have talked about their time in the band as well.

Your story seems odd since Robin openly talked about his tenure in the band after he had quit the first time, and Josh Freese and Brain have talked about their time in the band as well.

Does Robin talk about why he left the band?

And are you implying that the poster or that Dizzy was lying?

Edited by Apollo

"The second year I was down there, '99, it was way looser. I was running out of things to do. The record was undone... You know, it wasn't [a pain in the ass] for me. You might talk to other people who will say it was." (Josh Freese, Podomatic, 04/13)
"There's not a release date right now, not that I'm aware of," says Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, who teamed with Rose for much of the album before quitting in frustration. "And I would know."
A publicity spokesperson at Interscope Records, GN'R's label, confirmed that the album does not currently appear on the schedule of upcoming releases for 2000, even as a title TBD (with release date "to be determined").
Finck laughs at a comparison to Brian Wilson's legendary Beach Boys album, Smile, and notes the similarities. (Wilson worked feverishly on the record throughout the mid-'60s but was never able to coherently complete it. It remains one of the great lost albums of rock.)
"Yeah," Finck chuckles. "It was great for a while, but then it became terribly frustrating not seeing anything completed because no lyrics were finished." Adding to the frustration was that Finck had passed on the chance to work with Trent Reznor on NIN's latest, The Fragile, in order to do the Rose sessions.
"It's one of the reasons I'm not there anymore. No one song was ever completed and I was there for two and a half years."
But even after working endlessly on the GN'R album, Finck is unable to speculate on how it's going to turn out.
"I'd helped write and arrange and recorded enough songs for several records," he says. "Honestly, we recorded so many different song ideas and completed so many different types of songs � from quiet, very simple traditional piano songs to 16 stereo tracks of keyboard blur and everything in between."
But, he notes, "most of the stronger songs that ended up on A-lists when I was there were huge rock songs, built for the masses, really guitar-driven."
Finck has heard little since then from Rose, who is the only remaining member of the Guns N' Roses lineup after buying the rights to the name from former guitarist Slash.
"When he finishes the lyrics, I assume [the songs] are going to be released," Finck says. "I hope they turn out great. There's a lot of potential there."

"I was excited about the material - the band sounded good. But we'd get a song done to an extent and wait for Axl to write a lyric and/or song. I couldn't work on songs with titles like 'Instrumental 34' anymore." (Robin, Kerrang, 12/99)

"The second year I was down there, '99, it was way looser. I was running out of things to do. The record was undone... You know, it wasn't [a pain in the ass] for me. You might talk to other people who will say it was." (Josh Freese, Podomatic, 04/13)
"There's not a release date right now, not that I'm aware of," says Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, who teamed with Rose for much of the album before quitting in frustration. "And I would know."
A publicity spokesperson at Interscope Records, GN'R's label, confirmed that the album does not currently appear on the schedule of upcoming releases for 2000, even as a title TBD (with release date "to be determined").
Finck laughs at a comparison to Brian Wilson's legendary Beach Boys album, Smile, and notes the similarities. (Wilson worked feverishly on the record throughout the mid-'60s but was never able to coherently complete it. It remains one of the great lost albums of rock.)
"Yeah," Finck chuckles. "It was great for a while, but then it became terribly frustrating not seeing anything completed because no lyrics were finished." Adding to the frustration was that Finck had passed on the chance to work with Trent Reznor on NIN's latest, The Fragile, in order to do the Rose sessions.
"It's one of the reasons I'm not there anymore. No one song was ever completed and I was there for two and a half years."
But even after working endlessly on the GN'R album, Finck is unable to speculate on how it's going to turn out.
"I'd helped write and arrange and recorded enough songs for several records," he says. "Honestly, we recorded so many different song ideas and completed so many different types of songs � from quiet, very simple traditional piano songs to 16 stereo tracks of keyboard blur and everything in between."
But, he notes, "most of the stronger songs that ended up on A-lists when I was there were huge rock songs, built for the masses, really guitar-driven."
Finck has heard little since then from Rose, who is the only remaining member of the Guns N' Roses lineup after buying the rights to the name from former guitarist Slash.
"When he finishes the lyrics, I assume [the songs] are going to be released," Finck says. "I hope they turn out great. There's a lot of potential there."

"I was excited about the material - the band sounded good. But we'd get a song done to an extent and wait for Axl to write a lyric and/or song. I couldn't work on songs with titles like 'Instrumental 34' anymore." (Robin, Kerrang, 12/99)

Has Finck said anything about his last departure?