Bumblefoot/Guns N’ Roses (New Statement From Ron 02/20)

I told people here and elsewhere years ago that this band had gagging orders on its employees. I was told firsthand by Dizzy when I was supposed to be interviewing him in '06. Asshats such as Jarmo vehemently denied the existence of such clauses. This band is pathetic.

Fascinating, I've noticed people on other sites claiming that there weren't gag orders or written contracts with band members!

I was running a podcast at the time and was also running a fundraiser. I'd helped Dizzy find a European promoter once for one of his side-projects and he agreed to an interview. I also discussed an interview with Ron, and he was going to get me a t-shirt signed by the guys - except Axl(he didn't even want to ask him!) - which I was going to give away as part of the charity fundraiser. Anyway, when it transpired that both Ron and Dizzy were prohibited from discussing anything with me about the band (Dizzy telling me specifically that they were prohibited from discussing anything GNR related in interviews until at least after the '06 tour) I just dropped the whole thing.

I told people here and elsewhere years ago that this band had gagging orders on its employees. I was told firsthand by Dizzy when I was supposed to be interviewing him in '06. Asshats such as Jarmo vehemently denied the existence of such clauses. This band is pathetic.

Wasn't it Dizzy who had a trainer publicist with him during a phone interview he did recently?

I wouldn't be the guy to ask, but it wouldn't surprise me. Axl/Team B run this band like it's the fucking KGB. Consumed by their own self-importance despite their laughable lack of productivity, their songs are to be treated like state secrets and their behind-the-scenes activities, like some sort of covert warfare campaign. It's ludicrous. I suspect this preciousness is a big part of why we have had one album of original material in the last 23 years.

Your story seems odd since Robin openly talked about his tenure in the band after he had quit the first time, and Josh Freese and Brain have talked about their time in the band as well.

Does Robin talk about why he left the band?

And are you implying that the poster or that Dizzy was lying?

"The second year I was down there, '99, it was way looser. I was running out of things to do. The record was undone... You know, it wasn't [a pain in the ass] for me. You might talk to other people who will say it was." (Josh Freese, Podomatic, 04/13)
"There's not a release date right now, not that I'm aware of," says Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, who teamed with Rose for much of the album before quitting in frustration. "And I would know."
A publicity spokesperson at Interscope Records, GN'R's label, confirmed that the album does not currently appear on the schedule of upcoming releases for 2000, even as a title TBD (with release date "to be determined").
Finck laughs at a comparison to Brian Wilson's legendary Beach Boys album, Smile, and notes the similarities. (Wilson worked feverishly on the record throughout the mid-'60s but was never able to coherently complete it. It remains one of the great lost albums of rock.)
"Yeah," Finck chuckles. "It was great for a while, but then it became terribly frustrating not seeing anything completed because no lyrics were finished." Adding to the frustration was that Finck had passed on the chance to work with Trent Reznor on NIN's latest, The Fragile, in order to do the Rose sessions.
"It's one of the reasons I'm not there anymore. No one song was ever completed and I was there for two and a half years."
But even after working endlessly on the GN'R album, Finck is unable to speculate on how it's going to turn out.
"I'd helped write and arrange and recorded enough songs for several records," he says. "Honestly, we recorded so many different song ideas and completed so many different types of songs � from quiet, very simple traditional piano songs to 16 stereo tracks of keyboard blur and everything in between."
But, he notes, "most of the stronger songs that ended up on A-lists when I was there were huge rock songs, built for the masses, really guitar-driven."
Finck has heard little since then from Rose, who is the only remaining member of the Guns N' Roses lineup after buying the rights to the name from former guitarist Slash.
"When he finishes the lyrics, I assume [the songs] are going to be released," Finck says. "I hope they turn out great. There's a lot of potential there."

"I was excited about the material - the band sounded good. But we'd get a song done to an extent and wait for Axl to write a lyric and/or song. I couldn't work on songs with titles like 'Instrumental 34' anymore." (Robin, Kerrang, 12/99)

Has Finck said anything about his last departure?

No. The last guy to speak was Brain, remember when he spoke about (laughing) how Axl told him to re-record Josh Freese's material note for note, but to add "his feel"?

The only members to quit who haven't spoken are Bucket and Robin (second time). Paul still works with the band in a studio capacity and Bucket only ever gave one interview about Guns even while in the band, speaking in third person through a puppet called Herbie.

I never said former employees are prohibited from discussing the band. Never made that claim.

I said I know for a fact - unless Dizzy and Ron were lying to me in 2006, and I have zero reason to suspect they were - that Axl or management have imposed such restrictions on them in the past and Ron's new screed seems to suggest that he is still under the influence of similar. Anyone who doubts my story - I'm sure someone here besides me has Dizwald's contact - ask him yourself. Or ask Ron - we were supposed to sort out the shirt thing at the Njimegen '06 show.

Edited by tomfriend

I never said former employees are prohibited from discussing the band. Never made that claim.

I said I know for a fact - unless Dizzy and Ron were lying to me in 2006, and I have zero reason to suspect they were - that Axl or management have imposed such restrictions on them in the past and Ron's new screed seems to suggest that he is still under the influence of similar. Anyone who doubts my story - I'm sure someone here besides me has Dizwald's contact - ask him yourself. Or ask Ron - we were supposed to sort out the shirt thing at the Njimegen '06 show.

I believe you bro.

Was just wondering why Miser did not.

I believe you bro.

Was just wondering why Miser did not.

Because he's probably unaware that such clauses can have end dates and may even vary from contract to contract. Plus, it's Miser.

• Like 1

There are such things as post-termination restrictive covenants. How enforceable they are varies.

Yep. A lot of the time the NDA states that you are agreeing NEVER to talk about the project or publish anything about it - or that you cannot talk about it until it is released.

Why can't people either just, support the status quo as it's never going to change, or just you know, move on?

That's what I don't get. The impotent shaking your fist at the sky at the way Axl Rose operates...It's pretty much how he's operated since forever.

It's part and parcel of the package and everyone here knows it. So why stick around and get frustrated with something you should come to expect?

Expect dysfunction and disappointment and you won't be disappointment. It's as simple as that.

Why can't people either just, support the status quo as it's never going to change, or just you know, move on?

That's what I don't get. The impotent shaking your fist at the sky at the way Axl Rose operates...It's pretty much how he's operated since forever.

It's part and parcel of the package and everyone here knows it. So why stick around and get frustrated with something you should come to expect?

Expect dysfunction and disappointment and you won't be disappointment. It's as simple as that.

Why can't we offer criticism on a message board for a band we like? Clearly, he operates poorly so why not call his shit?

And your advice to "expect dysfunction and disappointment and you won't be disappointment" doesn't make any sense. Expectations and standards are good things, in every aspect of life

• Like 1

I expect Axl to not meet my standard of what it means to be a real musician that releases more then one album every 23 years. Bumble was mistaken. He thought it was about creating a shared musical vision, releasing albums, and touring behind them when in fact...

Bumble was more of one tool out of many in Axl's bag (new guns) and the goal was to achieve just what Axl likes and what his vision demands musically. It has nothing to do with what how most bands do it or what band members get to experience.

It was more of a session work for Bumble. That is why Axl really hired him imo. To replace Bucket and play the shredy stuff and to add shit here and there in the studio. Bucket and Robin were different. It wasn't the same situation, they got to do more, got to be a real part of Axl's vision probably just cause he liked their styles and believed in their ideas and approach. But they still didn't have a final say or any say about when it'll be considered done and released.

Bumble doesn't have the ability like Fortus (a session player) and Ashba (attention whore emo douche all about the money and fame poser) to stay in a band that is unproductive and treat it's fans like enemies. He's a prolific musician that was 8 years in Axl's band and has almost nothing to show for musically and he doesn't have the power to make his fans happy which is something he really cares about.

Plus Axl doesn't even seem to give a fuck about Bumble's song ideas. That gives no good reason for Bumble to stay in Guns after 8 years and tons of live shows of playing mostly old Guns material. I don't blame him.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

The comments on here and other places are hilarious.

"Hmmm maybe he's still in for now.....Hmmm this must mean they are in negotiations and he just can't say".

Honestly, what do u people need. He was out the minute he put 2006-2014 on his facebook. It's clear as day he's under a gag order and it won't be announced until a new replacement for the replacement of a replacement is found to let the circus tour South America afew more times.

Stay tuned kids....

The NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW Guns N' Roses starts now!!!!!

We now believe even more! :lol:

Edited by JoePerry954
  • Like 2

Bumble most likely signed a contract that he had reservations about but probably believed he'd be at Slash's level of fame and earnings in return.

After a short stint of session work on CD and a whole lot of cabaret touring, he's probably a tad pissed it didn't go his way.

I appreciated his concern for the fans, his great work ethic and being sincere in trying to make GNR all it could be creatively but if he put pen to paper on a contract that he can't live with now, then more fool him.

Also, if Axl just doesn't like your shit and won't sing over it, what can you do?

Move on gracefully is about all there is.

Edited by Intercourse

Bumble most likely signed a contract that he had reservations about but probably believed he'd be at Slash's level of fame and earnings in return.

After a short stint of session work on CD and a whole lot of cabaret touring, he's probably a tad pissed it didn't go his way.

I appreciated his concern for the fans, his great work ethic and being sincere in trying to make GNR all it could be creatively but if he put pen to paper on a contract that he can't live with now, then more fool him.

Also, if Axl just doesn't like your shit and won't sing over it, what can you do?

Move on gracefully is about all there is.

I agree with most of what you're saying. I don't think he expected Slash level of fame or money, or artistic freedom for that matter. Remember how they treated him from the start: he learned Chinese with headphones on, and recorded his guitar parts with 2 guys yelling different things to him about what he's playing at the same time, suggesting shit.

And the Gn'R camp was hella mad cause Bumble talked about them and the audition in 2004. Took 2 years to enter the trap. 8 more to be in the band, and understand Axl ain't gonna give you the bare essentials as a musician in his band.

At least not when he's not that into your ideas or for whatever reason, doesn't really treat you right as a musician with a need to express himself.

I'm a Bumble fan, and I like him in Guns, but he never should have become a member of Axl's band. One releases very few albums and takes a shitload of time to move his ass, while the other is a prolific artist that always thinks about the fans.

The comments on here and other places are hilarious.

"Hmmm maybe he's still in for now.....Hmmm this must mean they are in negotiations and he just can't say".

Honestly, what do u people need. He was out the minute he put 2006-2014 on his facebook. It's clear as day he's under a gag order and it won't be announced until a new replacement for the replacement of a replacement is found to let the circus tour South America afew more times.

Stay tuned kids....

The NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW Guns N' Roses starts now!!!!!

We now believe even more! :lol:

NuGuns fans are funny. :lol: Edited by axlfan88
  • Like 1

294hwkl.png

Translation: I've been paid 7 figures to keep quiet so you know damn well I'm cashing that check

I wonder how these silencing orders would hold up in the court of law. You know with the first amendment and stuff!!

You gotta be an idiot to be silenced by an illegal contract and an inactive band. Unless they are still paying him then this is dumb....

Read between the lines. He's 'taking bullets', he's 'in a very awkward position'....well why wouldn't you just sack-up and say your piece? What's in it for him? If he's no longer on the band's payroll I can't imagine why he'd be so beholden to a former employee. Conclusion? He's still on the payroll.

Guessing he's got a 7 figure paycheck too buy his silence.

Hands up if you are surprised? Someone in the band/former member of the band not discussing "band" matters. They have stiff contracts, I've heard from a good source that if they violate the contract, they are faced with huge fines. So that is why they shut up, not because of polite request by Axl or because of respect. It is because they are afraid.

We've had Robin, Huge, Brain and Bucket (well he is a different deal) leave the band and not really say anything about their time with nuGNR, except that Axl is very polite and the most talented man on the planet along with King Yong-Un and his father and fathers father. And on the top of that the current members do the same boring thing. Again not out of respect, but because the money shipments might stall and fines they might face, if the violate their contract and/or piss off mr leader of the "band".

Fortus said that Axl is all about the music, forget the music, Axl (now-a-days) is all about contracts and shutting people off. And that is because he too is afraid, afraid that people he has worked with might actually say how awesomely frustrating it is to record, tour and in general work with the guy - he will not tolerate that any details surface.

Edited by Teroz
  • Like 2

Hands up if you are surprised? Someone in the band/former member of the band not discussing "band" matters. They have stiff contracts, I've heard from a good source that if they violate the contract, they are faced with huge fines. So that is why they shut up, not because of polite request by Axl or because of respect. It is because they are afraid.

We've had Robin, Huge, Brain and Bucket (well he is a different deal) leave the band and not really say anything about their time with nuGNR, except that Axl is very polite and the most talented man on the planet along with King Yong-Un and his father and fathers father. And on the top of that the current members do the same boring thing. Again not out of respect, but because the money shipments might stall and fines they might face, if the violate their contract and/or piss off mr leader of the "band".

Fortus said that Axl is all about the music, forget the music, Axl (now-a-days) is all about contracts and shutting people off. And that is because he too is afraid, afraid that people he has worked with might actually say how awesomely frustrating it is to record, tour and in general work with the guy - he will not tolerate that any details surface.

Yeah, it's obvious they can't talk freely about certain things - I mean over the years I was surprised Ron was as open as he was about certain things. He was pretty much the only guy in the band who spoke candidly about stuff which is one of the reasons why I'm going to miss him. The thing with Bucket and Robin is that neither of them do that much press at all really or have much fan interaction so it isn't an issue that really comes up. The thing is Finck's departure mustn't have been that messy if he guested with the band a couple of years ago. To be honest even if Ron could say what he wanted I doubt he would say anything of note other than he'd left. It's sort of an unwritten rule in the arts not to openly slag off/bitch about people directly as it's very unprofessional. People do of course but generally it's seen as a no no.

As for Ron still using the GN'R name to promote himself, I have no issue with that whatsoever. The guy spent the best part of a decade in this band and did all he could. He gave it his all. The guy was in visible pain after his accident a couple of years ago so I imagine performing every night was no easy feat. The guy has the right to associate himself with the band. Ron probably just realized he didn't want to be covering another band's back catalogue for all eternity. Plus, I imagine Team Brazil are hardly the most professional guys to work for. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of Axl's - the three GN'R shows I've seen are some of the best damn rock shows I've ever seen but let's be honest it's pretty ridiculous that it's been seven years since CD (which could easily have been released some years before) and if by some miracle there's another new album it'll probably be stuff that's over a decade old that's been festering in the vault. It's no surprise why someone as creative and driven as Ron wanted out.

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 1