Bumblefoot/Guns N’ Roses (New Statement From Ron 02/20)

294hwkl.png

Translation: I've been paid 7 figures to keep quiet so you know damn well I'm cashing that check

I wonder how these silencing orders would hold up in the court of law. You know with the first amendment and stuff!!

You gotta be an idiot to be silenced by an illegal contract and an inactive band. Unless they are still paying him then this is dumb....

Read between the lines. He's 'taking bullets', he's 'in a very awkward position'....well why wouldn't you just sack-up and say your piece? What's in it for him? If he's no longer on the band's payroll I can't imagine why he'd be so beholden to a former employee. Conclusion? He's still on the payroll.

Guessing he's got a 7 figure paycheck too buy his silence.

wut lol.. I'd be surprised if he made 6 figures a year in gnr. doubt he made 7 figures in his whole gnr career

Ron just asked me to post this on his behalf so I am relaying it to all of you:

"Let folks know I'm not being forced and TB doesn't need to be treated like monsters, and I ask that they not be treated like villains. It's on me, I've been trying to please both sides at the same time that have a different approach to things, and everyone loses a little in the process - that's on *me*, not them. I hate causing TB & the fans grief, there's just no smooth way to act on two opposing philosophies at the same time, and that's always been difficult for me... apologies. Doing my best here. :P"

Original fb post that caused Ron's initial response has now been added to the OP.

That really hasn't made it any clearer. Hmm.

Lolwut? How much clearer could it be?

Why is he defending TB? They are not little kids being bully at school. If he has been trying to please both sides that means he has been asked by one side not to talk much about his departure. So it may not be a gag order but he is not allowed 100% free speech either

I bet Team Brazil just called him and threaten him with a lawsuit if he didn't write an statement to protect TB's interests. "They're not monsters", you damn right they aren't, they're just an incompetent group of clueless people who need to be fired ASAP.

This is a perfect moment for "lol Bumblefoot."

• Like 1

I only now see the original FB comment that sparked his original response. It is clear that he is out. Also, I think it's only logical that he still uses the GNR name. Plus, I noticed one bill said: 'Bumblefoot, as seen with Guns N Roses'. It didn't even say BBF of GNR anymore, so :shrugs:

I agree that the whole situation is very unfortunate, also because it takes so long. I can see TB or Axl saying: Okay, we accept your resignation, but could you please not comment on it before we have figured out what to do/have found another guitarist. The problem is this whole situation has been going on for almost a year now, I believe.

But at this point I don't really care about an official statement saying he is out. I want an official statement regarding plans, a new guitarist or, even better, a new album. (One can dream.)

• Like 2

It's simple. TB must make an official statement about bumble leaving. They can handle some new guitar player/band status rumors? Common..

TB won´t say a word until Axl allow them. Or until Axl himself feels like addressing the issue

I actually like how GnR' have made Bumble's departure a non-issue. Bumble was a big part of the band and I'm sure he has good relations with them still. I think it's pretty safe to say if the band or Bumble were to release an official statement it will just get real dirty real fast. Don't need that.