Bumblefoot/Guns N’ Roses (New Statement From Ron 02/20)

I do not believe this situation (I mean Ron and his relationship with GN'R) is recoverable at this point even if he were to remain in the band. JMO but it'd be very awkward. By making his various "announcements of non-announcement" he's already opened up the floodgates of hate for the band and as he himself said, he's been playing both sides of the fence. If you go back and read interviews with Slash circa '95-97 you find the same exact behavior "I'm not out of the band...But Axl is a prima donna diva." "I'm not out, I just haven't been in the band in 2 years." "Axl's not a monster, but here's why you should be pissed off at him." Ron is playing this thing for as much sympathy toward himself as he can.

I thought Val22 made the most nonsensical posts on here, but Miser clearly has her beat.

Responding to a FB question is NOT an official announcement.

Floodgates of hate? LOL. Outside of a couple GnR internet forums, nobody gives a crap about him leaving.

Playing both sides of the fence? Like Slash did? SMH. You should get a warning point EVERY time you make up fake quotes. I've seen you do that a couple times recently. TALK about what was actually said. STOP making up quotes that weren't said. If you have to make up quotes, doesn't that tell you that the point you are trying to make isn't really that strong?

I have never actually seen much criticism of TB over Ron-gate. There has been a lot of criticism of Ron over Ron-gate.

I don't get why people are criticizing Ron over this.

Don't worry bro. Anybody with a triple-digit IQ agrees with you.

• Like 1

Read his statement back.

Think he says that he wishes how it would affect us more if TB came clean and talked with us or at least keep us posted on behind the scenes.

Perhaps a monthly dosis of. We are looking into management and indsutries for the upcoming release etc. Even a small were doing great and are working on making 2015 a great year

But what he tells us I think is that they cannot talk and perhaps even TB and Axl are both not the top players. It's a difficult situation for us fans that want information and someone who wished he could say more but cant due to whatever thing is holding him or her back. M

One thing we have learned is that the bussiness side of gnr is a difficult and complicated one. One we might never unwrap as to why can't they just talk or even twitter a bit or something...

• Like 1

The story has been picked up by ultimateclassicrock.com:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bumblefoot-guns-n-roses/

Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal has reportedly been asked not to comment on his status with Guns N’ Roses, something that has made promoting a new solo project more difficult.

“I can’t erase a decade of history and I can’t stop the media from asking what they want to ask and making up their own titles on their interviews and posts. No matter how much I ask them not to do it,” Thal reportedly wrote earlier this week (via Blabbermouth). ”I’ve been honoring a request to not make any public statements about anything related to it, which continues to put me in a very awkward position that I don’t want to be in. Not how I do things, repeatedly taking the bullet on this one.”

This isn’t a confirmation of a split with Axl Rose, but signs have been pointing to a potential parting of the ways. “I’ve tried to do both,” Bumblefoot said back in December, “and it’s been really difficult. There’s only so much time and you can’t be in two places at once.”

Thal then issued an official statement on the Guns N’ Roses Forum website. “Let folks know I’m not being forced, and TB [Team Brazil, the management company that manages Guns N' Roses and Rose] doesn’t need to be treated like monsters, and I ask that they not be treated like villains. It’s on me, I’ve been trying to please both sides at the same time that have a different approach to things, and everyone loses a little in the process — that’s on me, not them. I hate causing TB and the fans grief, there’s just no smooth way to act on two opposing philosophies at the same time, and that’s always been difficult for me.”

Besides a solo album, Little Brother Is Watching, due on Feb. 24, Bumblefoot is also part of the Art of Anarchy supergroup project featuring Scott Weiland. Thal composed, produced and mixed Little Brother Is Watching at his own New Jersey studio.

His stint with Guns N’ Roses includes one studio effort, 2008′s Chinese Democracy. He’s previously released two other solo albums, including The Adventures of Bumblefoot, which was reissued for its 15th-anniversary in 2010.

Read More: Bumblefoot Addresses Guns N' Roses Departure Rumors | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bumblefoot-guns-n-roses/?trackback=tsmclip

I have a question. Is Beta and her family called Team Brazil? I've gone along with it thinking it was a joke but now I am starting to worry.

http://teambrazil.com

:shocked:

:vomit:

I thought the same thing for a long time! I thought "Team Brazil" was a derogatory term created on the GNR forums to make fun of the lack of competence displayed by Beta, Fernando, etc.. I laughed when I saw the website with the logo a few months ago.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

I have a question. Is Beta and her family called Team Brazil? I've gone along with it thinking it was a joke but now I am starting to worry.

I thought the same thing for a long time! I thought "Team Brazil" was a derogatory term created on the GNR forums to make fun of the lack of competence displayed by Beta, Fernando, etc.. I laughed when I saw the website with the logo a few months ago.

I think it's weird that they feel there is a need to put that. Like a team of Brazilians are family to a freaking band! It's not that important and why do they have to tell the world about it.

Who knows where it originated from. Perhaps one of them or Axl joked around one about Beta and her family being "Team Brazil." Considering they're now an official management company, I think it's an appropriate name. The company has to be called something; Team Brazil makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Who knows where it originated from. Perhaps one of them or Axl joked around one about Beta and her family being "Team Brazil." Considering they're now an official management company, I think it's an appropriate name. The company has to be called something; Team Brazil makes sense to me.

It's just odd to me because it's like saying Team USA is behind a band from a different country and having to emphasize that they are family. idk then it seems derogatory because they don't have their shit together. Makes Brazil look bad idk my opinion.

I'm confused.

Wasn't it The Beta or Fernando who bashed GnR fans for using the term Team brazil and said we were being racist?

I'm glad Ron's out of this mess. In fact IN MY OPINION Axl should give up already, do a reunion tour and quit altogether. Maybe relase a few studio albums eventually? He does not need to keep going. He does not need people telling him how good he still is and that he still has it. I love the guy but enough is enough. It's clear that *ONE* album in 15 years after his [failed] comeback and almost 25 years after the illusions that he's the laziest musician in the world, or maybe the whole world is after him and he can't do anything about it - doesn't matter, his new GnR [which I used to love and support, mainly because of the talented guys he had with him, like Brain, Robin, Bucket, Tommy and Ron] is the most unfunctional band in the world. The world has changed, people do not love rock n' roll like they used to. He will never be like Muse or Coldplay in terms of public or media support and coverage no matter how hard he tries. Now think that the managers of his band are not real managers - they are not used to this. Not their fault here, but they left us in the dark for so long that it's too late. I also wish TB all the best, especially Vanessa, her kid and her new family, but there's no way to bring back the best part of Axl in terms of performance. It's [long] gone.

I wish Axl all the best, and not that it matters, but I'm not supporting this mess anymore. Good luck to him, but many of his fans already gave up. As I said... it's far too late already.

My guess is it originated from the Brazilian National Soccer Team

The name makes no sense, and it's borderline racist, which is why so many thought TB was a derogatory name until hilariously shown otherwise.

No.

Some people (not so many) thought TB was a derogatory name, because some people (don't need to say who) keep making derogatory comments about them.