Kendrick Lamar - New Album Out March 23rd

Zeppelin

So much of these songs are getting stuck in my head, just like GKMC. Didn't expect to be getting that from this.

Love the angelic sounding production on the For Sale interlude juxtaposed with the fact that hes speaking with/as the devil. He always does really cool things with contrast.

• Like 2

Listened again on the plane this morning. I really like it. At this point, GKMC definitely wins in terms of the replay value of individual songs, but the overall experience of TPAB, to me, is tremendous. Albums that tell a story are my favorite and this is a prime example of that.

Edited by Mansin Humanity
  • Like 2

Listened again on the plane this morning. I really like it. At this point, GKMC definitely wins in terms of the replay value of individual songs, but the overall experience of TPAB, to me, is tremendous. Albums that tell a story are my favorite and this is a prime example of that.

I agree about the GKMC replay and certain songs. TPAB feels like, you are going to have to be in a certain mood to listen to the album. Where GKMC, I can put on Backseat Freestyle, Maad City, Drank, Don't Kill My Vibe, anytime. Money Trees too.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

That Hood Politics beat >>>>>>

Edit: Actually that song in general >>>>>>

I like Hood Politics. Right now for me, somewhere after Institutionalized up until Hood Politics, it kind of drags a little bit just listening to it straight through.

It happens :lol: I've been known to do total about turns on my taste too so Kendrick might be in with a shot still but i ain't havin' Drake under any circumstances :lol:

Even though we clearly disagree about Kendrick, I can respect the opinion on Drake. I wouldn't give Drake my time either :lol:

I like Hood Politics. Right now for me, somewhere after Institutionalized up until Hood Politics, it kind of drags a little bit just listening to it straight through.

Other than For Free and Momma I can listen to the entire thing straight through, except for the Tupac interview. That loses value pretty quickly.

It sounds weird but I think I like the individual songs on GKMC more, yet I like this album better as a whole.

• Like 1

Other than For Free and Momma I can listen to the entire thing straight through, except for the Tupac interview. That loses value pretty quickly.

It sounds weird but I think I like the individual songs on GKMC more, yet I like this album better as a whole.

Nah that makes sense. Kind of how I feel that, Butterfly I am going to need to be in a mood to listen to the whole album. With GKMC I don't need to be like that, there are a bunch of songs I can listen to at any given time.

• Like 1

I agree about the GKMC replay and certain songs. TPAB feels like, you are going to have to be in a certain mood to listen to the album. Where GKMC, I can put on Backseat Freestyle, Maad City, Drank, Don't Kill My Vibe, anytime. Money Trees too.

For sure. There are definitely those songs on GKMC too though - very rare that I'll listen to something like Sherane or Sing About Me without the whole album.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...