Axl Rose Paradise City High Notes Comparison

I think he was better in the beginning... ;)

But seriously the drop from 93 to 01? zero power and almost none of the character of his 80s/90s voice, what the hell happened. 2006 - a bit of a mix between 90s and 01, 2009/2010 - sounds like Axl from 92. 2011-2014 - sounds like a better version of 01, but what the fawk!? end of vegas 2014 - sounds like a weaker 2006 show, but pretty damn good!

I think he was better in the beginning... ;)

But seriously the drop from 93 to 01? zero power and almost none of the character of his 80s/90s voice, what the hell happened. 2006 - a bit of a mix between 90s and 01, 2009/2010 - sounds like Axl from 92. 2011-2014 - sounds like a better version of 01, but what the fawk!? end of vegas 2014 - sounds like a weaker 2006 show, but pretty damn good!

I'm sorry... I didnt perceive it as such... more like a drop from 2001 to 2006. And surprisingly, the Rock N' Rio II sucked more than all the rest.... (at least in my perception)

Absolutely the wrong moment to use to compare his vocals over the years. Really couldn't have picked less illuminating clips if we're talking about his overall quality of performance. If we're trying to say he can still do it if he were to give a fuck, then fine, I'm on board with that. But he always pushes himself a bit at the end of PC. It's the end of the show, so I guess he figures why not try for 30 seconds. Not at all representative of how he performs over the length of a show which has been, as Nosaj says, absolute shit since 2011. Intermittent rasp can fuck off.

• Like 1

@Tinyrobot,

I agree, the 2001/2002 shows sound the worst in this clip. But I think the difference today is that Axl does bring the rasp at times currently, just not for a whole songs anymore. But for some reason during the 2002 era he like never brought the rasp. Some could argue that he was indeed trying to sing the songs as opposed to screeching them, where now a days he does both. Its just us as fans fell in love with the screeching axl, so that's the one we want.

Honestly I've always felt that scom is one of the best way to gauge Axls performance. When that song sounds good, it's a great show. But it can still be a good show with a bad scom, because that song hasn't been performed greatly since the 80s.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

...Intermittent rasp can fuck off...

We're not going to allow that type of talk on this forum.

You start in with that shit and pretty soon you'll be posting about how being less bloated while being in a good mood doesn't matter either.

• Like 3

Absolutely the wrong moment to use to compare his vocals over the years. Really couldn't have picked less illuminating clips if we're talking about his overall quality of performance. If we're trying to say he can still do it if he were to give a fuck, then fine, I'm on board with that. But he always pushes himself a bit at the end of PC. It's the end of the show, so I guess he figures why not try for 30 seconds. Not at all representative of how he performs over the length of a show which has been, as Nosaj says, absolute shit since 2011. Intermittent rasp can fuck off.

i couldnt disagree with you more. The guy has been singing his ass of for 2-3 hours by the time we get to this point of the show. Whether he is in good vocal form that night or not, hes given Everything up to that point in the show and we are getting whats left at the bottom of the energy tank

@Tinyrobot,

I agree, the 2001/2002 shows sound the worst in this clip. But I think the difference today is that Axl does bring the rasp at times currently, just not for a whole songs anymore. But for some reason during the 2002 era he like never brought the rasp. Some could argue that he was indeed trying to sing the songs as opposed to screeching them, where now a days he does both. Its just us as fans fell in love with the screeching axl, so that's the one we want.

Honestly I've always felt that scom is one of the best way to gauge Axls performance. When that song sounds good, it's a great show. But it can still be a good show with a bad scom, because that song hasn't been performed greatly since the 80s.

Yeah, you know, this is just my opinion and what I perceive from having watched tons of shows... when he does that thing people here call "mickey mouse voice" I inmediately think "omg Axl got the strepthroat again"... I don't know why but he's gone onstage very very sick many times, singing with a thread of voice and you could see he was struggling through it.

I dont remember Axl in the 90's performing if he was sick and now he does that and I dont know whose responsability that is or if it's that he gets sick more often now than before and can't cancel the shows he's agreed to, so he goes out and does it anyway and consequences are people talking crap.

There are shows when he sings like Mickey, then he goes back using rasp, then goes in between.... so I dont know. I really feel like he goes Mickey when his throat is suffering. Also, I don't know why in the hell at 53 he wants to perform for 3 hours.... he could put on a much better show if he cut it down to 1:45 or 2 hours.

• Like 1

i couldnt disagree with you more. The guy has been singing his ass of for 2-3 hours by the time we get to this point of the show. Whether he is in good vocal form that night or not, hes given Everything up to that point in the show and we are getting whats left at the bottom of the energy tank

lol

lol

i guess you dont have any singing in your background lol

lol

i guess you dont have any singing in your background lol

lol

That Vegas video is actually the 6th, there's a few other videos that are dated correctly. This is the 7th:

Dat rasp.

Hopefully Axl will pick up on dat rasp later this year - one can only hope. At the end of the day and after the almost rappels dark days of '11-'13 it's just brilliant to see that Axl's still got it.

That Vegas video is actually the 6th, there's a few other videos that are dated correctly. This is the 7th:

Dat rasp.

Hopefully Axl will pick up on dat rasp later this year - one can only hope. At the end of the day and after the almost rappels dark days of '11-'13 it's just brilliant to see that Axl's still got it.

It is, during the SA touring I honestly thought that was it, there was nothing left and that was his voice now. Thankfully I was wrong. Strangely enough in one year we've got the weakest Axl's voice has ever been and also the strongest it's been since 2010.