Is this Axl's essay real?

I'm sorry if it's been discussed before but I've become curious about this image that I bumped into a couple of days ago.

20rqmmd.jpg

Apparently, it's an essay written by Axl for the Chinese Democracy booklet... I double-checked my CD's booklet and there's nothing similar in it :( so I was wondering if this is real, fake or is it a leak?

The whole thing looks like something Axl would write but I don't know.... he says he's visited Honk Kong but I have never heard about it or seen pics of him in China. Would he be allowed? LOL.

Ok, if any of you can illustrate me it'd be highly appreciated! :)

I'm sorry if it's been discussed before but I've become curious about this image that I bumped into a couple of days ago.

Apparently, it's an essay written by Axl for the Chinese Democracy booklet... I double-checked my CD's booklet and there's nothing similar in it :( so I was wondering if this is real, fake or is it a leak?

The whole thing looks like something Axl would write but I don't know.... he says he's visited Honk Kong but I have never heard about it or seen pics of him in China. Would he be allowed? LOL.

It's very real. It's in the Red Hand booklet for CD.

It's very real. It's in the Red Hand booklet for CD.

oh! wow... Thank you!

What is the red hand booklet for CD? Why I don't have it? :shrugs:

It's one of the other 2 covers for CD that was supposed to happen but didn't. Search eBay for "Chinese Democracy Alternate Cover" and a few of them will always come up.

20rqmmd.jpg

Since the release of CD Gn'R are banned from China and I assume Axl too?

The text shows huge ambition I think.

When was this written? Didn't he go to HK in 2002?

It's one of the other 2 covers for CD that was supposed to happen but didn't. Search eBay for "Chinese Democracy Alternate Cover" and a few of them will always come up.

It didn't come out but there are people selling them?

Me no comprender :P

At one point he had dinner with David Tang, founder of Shanghai Tang clothing line:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/3b29a580-479e-11e3-9398-00144feabdc0.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Tang

I didnt understand the Axl mention in that article... LOL

Since the release of CD Gn'R are banned from China and I assume Axl too?

The text shows huge ambition I think.

When was this written? Didn't he go to HK in 2002?

Everybody who believes in democracy are banned in China!

I don't remember news of him being in HK but my memory is fucked up from drugs so I dont know. I'd love to see pictures of that!

The essay is pretty cool. Axl's smart and he knows China is taking over. I wish he would have done something similar for Cuba, though.... The situation is somewhat the same and Cuba is in this continent he belongs to. Don't need to go as far as China to find obscurity and repressed souls.

It didn't come out but there are people selling them?

Me no comprender :P

If you've played "Rock Band" or bought a tour program, you've seen the red hand (AKA Cover B). There's only a few out there, by my count no more than 25 are in the hands of collectors (someone please correct me in the thread in memorabilia trading if I'm way off). All the artwork is different, there's different lyrics and credits too. They're all "promo CDs". They've sold from anywhere between $250-1000, and yes, I do have one. Edited by Gordon Comstock

If you've played "Rock Band" or bought a tour program, you've seen the red hand (AKA Cover B). There's only a few out there, by my count no more than 25 are in the hands of collectors (someone please correct me in the thread in memorabilia trading if I'm way off). All the artwork is different, there's different lyrics and credits too. They're all "promo CDs". They've sold from anywhere between $250-1000, and yes, I do have one.

I have never played Rock Band and never bought a tour program... :( Didn't even come close to one of those :shrugs:

(man, do i stink...)

Thanks for the info... Sucks those shits were only released to the priviledge ones....

Dee Snider's never written an essay

2 books though

51ST0HT3XDL._UY250_.jpg

snidershutupbook.jpg

that first one looks like a modern day classic!

I've read his autobiography...it's not bad but in terms of a rock n roll autobiography, it's boring because there are no sex and drug stories

If you've played "Rock Band" or bought a tour program, you've seen the red hand (AKA Cover B). There's only a few out there, by my count no more than 25 are in the hands of collectors (someone please correct me in the thread in memorabilia trading if I'm way off). All the artwork is different, there's different lyrics and credits too. They're all "promo CDs". They've sold from anywhere between $250-1000, and yes, I do have one.

I have never played Rock Band and never bought a tour program... :( Didn't even come close to one of those :shrugs:

(man, do i stink...)

Thanks for the info... Sucks those shits were only released to the priviledge ones....

They weren't really released... but, I don't know if they were just accidentally sent out, or if they were for magazines/websites, or what. I wonder how many were actually made.

edit: it does say "© 2008-2009" on the back cover. Maybe at some point they still wanted to use it as a tour edition?

Edited by Gordon Comstock