MYGNRFORUM - A NON-PROFIT FAN FORUM

downzy

It's not clear to me how badly the board was doing financially before, but relegating the majority of your readership to some sort of formal second tier definitely doesn't sound like a great idea.

Your last post by implication seems to suggest that non-members will not be 'taken care of'. I realise this doesn't necessarily mean that their forum experience will be any different, but it unmistakably creates the wrong vibe.

Axl's 'way' has left only a small, tightly knit community of guns fans who are still active online. In all honesty, I wouldn't try to divide this limited community under any circumstances.

I don't expect everyone, particularly those who have no interest in becoming a member, to be supportive of this plan. So I get that.

However, it just comes down to the notion that there are posters who want a more robust experience here and those who do not. Since the forum will now be returning all profits back to its user base, I'm of the belief that those users who buy into what we're doing here and who contribute the most through active participation should be asked the buy-in. The nominal fee that's being charged isn't going into my pocket but help pays for prizes and activities that get returned to those who sign up. Again, I don't expect everyone to come on board, but with respect to what this forum is primarily, a discussion forum for fans of the band, there will be no differentiation. All areas of discussion are, and will be, open to all users regardless of whether they sign up for membership or not.

It's not clear to me how badly the board was doing financially before, but relegating the majority of your readership to some sort of formal second tier definitely doesn't sound like a great idea.

Your last post by implication seems to suggest that non-members will not be 'taken care of'. I realise this doesn't necessarily mean that their forum experience will be any different, but it unmistakably creates the wrong vibe.

Axl's 'way' has left only a small, tightly knit community of guns fans who are still active online. In all honesty, I wouldn't try to divide this limited community under any circumstances.

Has a very republican feel to it!

The more wealthy forum members get special treatment and "favors" (ala tax breaks) that us poorer members don't get!!!

Just like to remind everyone it's $30 for a life-time membership. Maybe I'm different, but I don't think $30 for a lifetime of benefits is a lot of money.

Most who donate regularly donate more than that per year.

• Like 1

Just like to remind everyone it's $30 for a life-time membership. Maybe I'm different, but I don't think $30 for a lifetime of benefits is a lot of money.

Most who donate regularly donate more than that per year.

It's definitely not. I'm a premium member on some of the forums that I visit. On one, I paid $25 for a life-time membership back in 2012, I got exclusive help from other fellow collectors and exclusive giveaways, and I have gotten - no lies - around $600 worth of stuff in return. And the cool thing is, I can still get more.

Unfortunately, the band this forum is dedicated to do not have many perks to offer, but I'm sure you guys can always find a way.

What are mod logs and why is it offered as part of the benefit of payed membership?

Mod logs are essentially a list of recent actions taking by mods - it lists what the action was (moving a thread, merging a thread, deleting a post, etc.), who did it, a timestamp, and what thread(s) it involved. It started as a way to improve transparency least year, more or less to show we had nothing to hide when it came to how we moderate the forum. Here is a screenshot to give you an idea what they look like:

Ldh2wSo.png

I can't remember why the decision was to make this a benefit for Supporters originally unfortunately. I'm sure Downzy just chose to carry that over as a perk for the new member system since it was a perk for Supporters when it was originally introduced.

What are mod logs and why is it offered as part of the benefit of payed membership?

Mod logs are essentially a list of recent actions taking by mods - it lists what the action was (moving a thread, merging a thread, deleting a post, etc.), who did it, a timestamp, and what thread(s) it involved. It started as a way to improve transparency least year, more or less to show we had nothing to hide when it came to how we moderate the forum. Here is a screenshot to give you an idea what they look like:

Ldh2wSo.png

I can't remember why the decision was to make this a benefit for Supporters originally unfortunately. I'm sure Downzy just chose to carry that over as a perk for the new member system since it was a perk for Supporters when it was originally introduced.

Thank you very much for the explanation.