What are you currently playing? Last game played?

The Evil Within and The Walking Dead: Season 1 with the 400 Days DLC. 

The latter is an amazing game and i suggest everyone who can handle cartoony graphics and can afford a cheap $20 game go out and pick it up.. If you don't watch the show, don't worry. It's not directly tied in at all, but you still get some easter eggs if you do. Every choice you make in that game directly effects whats happens. Want to be the leader of your little group? Go for it. Want to elect someone else to run it? You have all the options in the world, and at times it can be stressful, especially when you have to chose a life to save. 

Can't say the same for The Evil Within. Terrible graphics and gameplay 

I cycle through games and I've come back to Skyrim: TES V for the first time in a few years. I previously played The Last of Us. TLOU is really an amazing game. The first one where I developed an emotional connection to the characters. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2017 at 3:36 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I cycle through games and I've come back to Skyrim: TES V for the first time in a few years. I previously played The Last of Us. TLOU is really an amazing game. The first one where I developed an emotional connection to the characters. 

I have been tempted by Skyrim on PS4, I did about 200 hours on it when it came out in 2011, so I'm not sure if it will be worth it a second time around. One thing I love in Bethesda games is that you can sit down; it was a real let down in the witcher 3 not being able to sit in a warm tavern after a day out in freezing Skellige! Breaks the immersion.... 

I tried again with Dragon Age Inquisition, but I just can't get into it, there's not even a day/night cycle.

5 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

I have been tempted by Skyrim on PS4, I did about 200 hours on it when it came out in 2011, so I'm not sure if it will be worth it a second time around. One thing I love in Bethesda games is that you can sit down; it was a real let down in the witcher 3 not being able to sit in a warm tavern after a day out in freezing Skellige! Breaks the immersion.... 

I tried again with Dragon Age Inquisition, but I just can't get into it, there's not even a day/night cycle.

I agree. I really like the realism (mostly) with TES V. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still in the Hinterlands; I went to the black market to tweak my face and tried to carry on with the quests, but found the combat really dull, each fight was just hitting one button and waiting for a skill to recharge. The Witcher 3 did simple combat really well, so it can be done. 

Tried playing the original Bioshock for the first time. Pretty bored, to be honest. Also playing through Doom II (1994) for the first time properly (i.e. without cheats, like I did as a kid :P ), and loving it. The level design is unparalleled, and the shotgun and super shotgun never get old.

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing The Force Unleashed 2 last night. My son had it in and I didn't feel like changing it out, so I started playing it. I'm fighting Vader on Kamino and that boss fight is fucking annoying. Surely this isn't the final boss fight? Such a short game. 

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

How is it?

Eh. I played 2 missions and had to put it down for a bit. Im not a major fan of Avatar: TLAB, but i knew enough of the story to get by. The fighting is kinda complicating if you play on a more difficult level, and there is also some elements of games like Subway Surfers or Temple Run where you have to collect things while riding the back of this giant animal which keeps the game interesting. All in all i havn't really played it enough to give a full in-depth analysis. 

In fact, after playing those 2 missions, I switched to Shadow Warrior which is a fucking hilarious game 

On 12/03/2017 at 4:44 PM, KeyserSoze said:

Can't say the same for The Evil Within. Terrible graphics and gameplay 

I loved The Evil Within! I can see why some people hate it though. :lol: As you say the graphics are shoddy to say the least and the game doesn't really make any kind of sense but it's that sort of Japanese batshit crazy I just love! It's also the closest thing I've played gameplay-wise to Resi 4, which is my favourite game of all time.

Currently playing Doom PS4, again. Absolute quality.

2 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Currently playing Doom PS4, again. Absolute quality.

How do you find playing it with the controller? I tried it at a mate's on his PS4 and it was pretty good, but I'm so used to KB+M for FPSes. I had a quick Google and saw there are things like the XIM 4 that let you use KB+M on a PS4, pretty tempting.

3 minutes ago, Amir said:

How do you find playing it with the controller? I tried it at a mate's on his PS4 and it was pretty good, but I'm so used to KB+M for FPSes. I had a quick Google and saw there are things like the XIM 4 that let you use KB+M on a PS4, pretty tempting.

Absolutely fine but then I've mainly been a console gamer all my life rather than PC, so whenever I play a fps on PC on KB+M I find it too fast/sensitive and will often go back to using a controller, I just feel more comfortable with one. :lol: Controllers have certainly improved massively over the years where fps are concerned anyway, they don't really feel that sluggish to me at all, personally.

• Like 1

Playing an awesome Metroidvania type of game on Steam called Hollow Knight. Would definitely recommend to anyone who has played and liked games like Metroid Fusion or Ori and the Blind Forest. Has great music and awesome art direction. The game manages a great balance of being very chill and atmospheric but also at times horrific and creepy. Just got to an area called the Deepnest which is hell for anyone who doesn't care for spiders.

Finished Walking Dead Season 1 (amazing) and Shadow Warrior (alright). 

Picked up WWE 2K17, and The Wolf Among Us today. Im looking forward to TWAU as i've heard rave reviews about it. 

Also need to get Walking Dead: Season 2 from a friend of mine. I could not put the first game down

• 2 weeks later...

my brother and i both have a switch with street fighter II, so we can play both portable multiplayer, or if he isn't around, over the internet.

for us, this is a revolution. we used to play street fighter as kids all the time in the '90s, but life got in the way. now, we can find some of that old awesomeness again.

Currently playing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. I played RO2/RS a few weeks ago when it was free, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think the second one has some issues, but it's a lot of fun. And at $10, you can't go wrong.

I was unfamiliar with this series, so if you are too, it's basically Battlefield meets Arma. Squad is also a similar game. Anyone here playing this by any chance? I could use some regular squad mates. 

Edited by OmarBradley

• 3 weeks later...