What are you currently playing? Last game played?

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Finally getting around playing Pokémon Sun, Pokemon is sure different from than when I was a kid. So far pretty impressed but hate how the first hour of really any video game these days is pure tutorials. 

I agree.

Today's Pokémon bears little resemblance to the original Red and Blue that came out in the mid '90s. 

The concept remains the same, but I feel it continues to be pussified and watered down with each new release. 

I sincerely hope Game Freak caters to Pokémon's older fan base in the Switch release.

5 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

I agree.

Today's Pokémon bears little resemblance to the original Red and Blue that came out in the mid '90s. 

The concept remains the same, but I feel it continues to be pussified and watered down with each new release. 

I sincerely hope Game Freak caters to Pokémon's older fan base in the Switch release.

I’ve been playing the series since ~2004 and I think the visual/audio aspect of Sun and Moon is great in comparison to the old games. I have to invest more time in Sun/Moon before I have a definitive opinion but I still have enjoyed it. 

On 2/19/2018 at 6:56 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Could you explain further your thoughts on it? Was already thinking it looked pretty cool. You would like this game @DieselDaisy it's, I believe, a period piece, like all the game's mechanics are setup to be as they were in that time.

Sure. I'm about 8 hours in, so I still have a lot to experience. But so far, it's been surpassing my expectations constantly. I didn't really research the game throughout it's development, or prior to buying it. Thought I knew about KC:D for a while, For Honor had my medieval gaming attention. So I've been really pleasantly surprised as I play through.

To summarize, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a classic-style hero story RPG that takes you through a real world environment and history (to a very high degree of historical accuracy). All of the armor, combat, siege/battle tactics, cultural qualities, quests, cities, maps, etc. are designed to be as accurate as possible.

Although that's commendable itself, the amazing thing this game does is it combines that painstaking attention to history with a terrific RPG formula - I don't think there's been anything quite like this game before. You have all of the RPG standards: risky but rewarding combat, trading/crafting, speech choices (with persuasive characteristics), a large open world (I haven't ventured too far, but I don't think there are any invisible walls), a leveling/perk system, a huge amount of items/loot/misc stuff, a minigame in taverns, different solutions to quests, etc..

Being a 2018 game, but not from a AAA developer or publisher, I wasn't sure what to expect in things like graphics and overall polishing. Well the graphics are terrific, I have it lightly modded on PC and it's definitely a contender for best looking game I've ever played. And I really haven't noticed bugs, glitches, or oddities at all (AC: Origins bugs are still fresh in my mind). EDIT: Although I haven't noticed any, a lot of bugs are being reported. The team is working on patching them.

The story is where you may expect this game to fall short, given how well it does everything else. Nope! The story is gripping, engaging, heartbreaking, and mentally rewarding. And because the setting isn't Ferelden or Nirn or <insert typical RPG world here>, the story is that much more real and immersive. 

I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting to mention, but my bet is this game is going to cement itself as an all time great. 

EDIT: And it has the best NPC facial/movement animations I've ever seen. And the voice acting is 99% excellent so far, only one not-so-good performance and I think his role is done.

Edited by OmarBradley

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"The Forest" is an early release game coming out for real sometime this month.  It's a survival horror game where your plane crashes on a woodsy island and you have to build shelter, hunt, explore.  It's one of the better games I've played in the last few years, and it's only $14.99.

And I'm loving Far Cry 5, atm.

Edited by DeadSlash

• 2 weeks later...

mortal%20kombat%204-nintendo64.jpg

I'm a huge mortal kombat fan, but for whatever reason I never played this one. I guess I didnt like the jump to 3D. But looking back to it now, I see that it has all the core gameplay elements of older titles; before gameplay was seriously turned around from deadly alliance onwards.

so pretty excited to play this one on the N64. I bought it today on a retro game fair, and very happy with it

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone want an unopened copy of For Honor (XB1)? Bought it on sale as gift for someone, but without going into too much detail it didn't pan out. It's way past the return date and I only play PC. So whoever wants it, PM me your address (cont. US only, or you pay for international shipping).

Since finishing GoW a while back, I've played the first couple of hours of Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn and Ratchet & Clank just to get a feel of what to focus on next. Pretty sure it'll be HZD but I think I'll have to wait until I have more free time or else I'm afraid I'll totally neglect my gf. :lol::P 

On 6/9/2018 at 12:04 PM, OmarBradley said:

Anyone want an unopened copy of For Honor (XB1)? Bought it on sale as gift for someone, but without going into too much detail it didn't pan out. It's way past the return date and I only play PC. So whoever wants it, PM me your address (cont. US only, or you pay for international shipping).

• 2 weeks later...