What are you currently playing? Last game played?

On 02/01/2020 at 4:44 PM, RussTCB said:

Finished Jedi Fallen Order. It's basically Star Wars: Uncharted, but I love the Uncharted series so I was good with it. 

My sister just randomly sent me a download code for the deluxe version on XBox. I’ve played the first level and it’s great so far. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Is there a reason you picked up both rather than just one of them? Does 09 use a new engine?

Not to my knowledge. My local video game store has a ton of older games like that and I liked the idea of having a complete collection of all the Madden games since '06, even if that means I rarely play them. Sort of like people with CD/Vinyl collections, some of them are rarely listened to. 

Microsoft had a deal on Game Pass three months ago: $2 for three months of service.

So I have been playing the shit out of Forza Horizon 4. It’s probably one of my favourite games of all time. Really fantastic. 

That said, I’m kind of glad the three months is know up. They do a great job of extending the game’s life beyond the offline experience and I found myself compelled to keep playing to fulfill the weekly challenges.  I think I need a detox from the game for awhile. 

• Like 1

I hadn't played a wrestling game in forever so I started to look into the latest ones.

I quickly learned that 2K20 was a hot mess, so I just found a deal on 2K19. The control scheme is so awful, but once you get the hang of it, everything else is pretty fun. 

On 01/03/2020 at 7:08 PM, RussTCB said:

I hadn't played a wrestling game in forever so I started to look into the latest ones.

I quickly learned that 2K20 was a hot mess, so I just found a deal on 2K19. The control scheme is so awful, but once you get the hang of it, everything else is pretty fun. 

This one looks pretty good. 

https://www.retromaniawrestling.com/ 

The Suicide of Rachel Foster. So far so good. The moment I saw the long title, it reminded me of other jewels like What Remains of Edith Finch (one of the best walking simulators – and games in general – I’ve ever played) or The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. RF may not be quite as good, but it’s out there somewhere, and I haven’t finished it yet anyway.

As if the long titles were a guarantee of a good experience with this type of games. This is the kind of game that I reckon could be awesome in VR.

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Finally getting around to Links Awakening on my Switch. Game looks beautiful, pretty much a new experience to me since the original I played maybe 15 years ago on a gameboy. Frame rate is terrible though, really doesn’t perform well at all.

Both docked and handheld or just handheld?

I finally started playing through Kingdom Hearts. I had the first game as a kid but had no idea how to work with skills and magic points and items. Now I get it and I must admit I kinda love the random as hell Final Fantasy and Disney crossover. I hope KH II is decent as well, can't wait to start the third one, that game looked amazing.

6 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Both docked and handheld or just handheld?

Docked. It’s almost embarrassingly bad at points

2 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

I finally started playing through Kingdom Hearts. I had the first game as a kid but had no idea how to work with skills and magic points and items. Now I get it and I must admit I kinda love the random as hell Final Fantasy and Disney crossover. I hope KH II is decent as well, can't wait to start the third one, that game looked amazing.

I tried to get into the first one but just couldn’t. The beginning was so incredibly slow. I don’t doubt it gets better but sometimes I go by a first impression with how much time I want to sink into a game, and if the first few hours are a slog to get to I don’t always feel inclined to push through

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I tried to get into the first one but just couldn’t. The beginning was so incredibly slow. I don’t doubt it gets better but sometimes I go by a first impression with how much time I want to sink into a game, and if the first few hours are a slog to get to I don’t always feel inclined to push through

Ugh just the bits on the island at the start of the game took me almost 2 hours, collecting stuff for a raft you're never going to use. The second game has the same slow start in a different setting. Afterwards it gets pretty good I must say.

Edited by UcudBmine

1 hour ago, UcudBmine said:

Ugh just the bits on the island at the start of the game took me almost 2 hours, collecting stuff for a raft you're never going to use. The second game has the same slow start in a different setting. Afterwards it gets pretty good I must say.

I guarentee it does. I may try it again down the line, but my first impression of the game was just killed by that first part. My god.