What are you currently playing? Last game played?

Currently I'm playing Days Gone and CoD Cold War Multiplayer. 

I just finished Hitman 3

CoD Multiplayer gets never old IMO.

Hitman was good as always.

I really like Days Gone. I think it's far from perfect but it has a good Storyline and the main character is very sympathetic imo. These two points are very important to me.

• 3 weeks later...

INFRA (2016). An awesome game. Take the most difficult puzzles from Half-Life 1 & 2, put it in a Scandinavian environment but with an English localisation, create sort of a detective story in the background that you have to untangle – and voila, there you go. The office setting at the beginning may look a bit dull, but it develops as you proceed in the game (you’ll soon leave for an abandoned place), and the puzzles get more and more interesting and difficult to solve as you go. The game doesn’t hold your hand; however, there are subtle hints, and it’s always logical, albeit tricky at times. Moreover, it looks like it’s pretty long; I’m far in the game, and from the screenshots I’ve seen, there’s still a long way ahead. Cool! Never knew about this game until recently. 

Edited by jamillos

MLB The Show 2021 (on Xbox GamePass)

It’s probably been two decades since I played any serious amounts of time with a baseball game. This game has been great so far. My only gripe is that there’s just so much of it. The old games had one or two modes. Loading up the main menu of this game looks like I’m working at NASA. I’m sure I’ll get use to it but kind of overwhelmed with all the options. 

Resident Evil Village. Word of advice to anybody thinking of buying it on PC. Turn variable frame rate off in the settings. Ran like a bag of shite until I switched that off but now it runs brilliantly. 

21 hours ago, Dazey said:

Resident Evil Village. Word of advice to anybody thinking of buying it on PC. Turn variable frame rate off in the settings. Ran like a bag of shite until I switched that off but now it runs brilliantly. 

The game ran pretty good for me except for the parts with the 3 bugdaughters, every time these bugs flew past and through me my framerate became pretty much nonexistent. 

Lately I’ve been racing on GTA5, it’s not realistic in any way but I absolutely love the arcade feeling I get when doing some stuntraces in silly cars.

Been replaying Horizon Zero Dawn, which is one of my favorite games ever. I’m really excited about Forbidden West, but I’ll need a PS5 for that. I won’t risk buying it for the PS4.

2 hours ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

The game ran pretty good for me except for the parts with the 3 bugdaughters, every time these bugs flew past and through me my framerate became pretty much nonexistent. 

The problem I had was that the framerate was jumping by only 1 or 2 frames between 57, 58 - 60 FPS so it wasn't dropping massively but was just really juddery. As soon as I turned off the variable frame rate and just set it to target 60FPS it ran completely smoothly. 

You're right about the 3 daughters though. During those scenes I went from rock solid 60 FPS to about 15 at one point. :lol: 

On 5/16/2021 at 10:49 AM, Dazey said:

Turn variable frame rate off in the settings

This seems like an unnecessary and counter-productive setting. 

Why not have the game determine your max resolution for various parts of the game and then lock the frame rate for the entire game?  

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

This seems like an unnecessary and counter-productive setting. 

Why not have the game determine your max resolution for various parts of the game and then lock the frame rate for the entire game?  

I guess it works if you have a variable refresh rate monitor but I'm playing on a TV with 60hz fixed refesh rate so it just makes it look jittery and gives me a headache.

• Like 1

Decided to see how quickly I could 100% Super Mario 64 last weekend (120 stars and beat Bowser in the Sky) - did it in 5 hours, 35 minutes, not exactly pushing the top speedrunners but I was reasonably pleased with myself as an average gamer :lol: .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 12:50 PM, Graeme said:

Decided to see how quickly I could 100% Super Mario 64 last weekend (120 stars and beat Bowser in the Sky) - did it in 5 hours, 35 minutes, not exactly pushing the top speedrunners but I was reasonably pleased with myself as an average gamer :lol: .

It took me 5 hours just to get 100 coins in Tick Tock Clock :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ace Spade said:

It took me 5 hours just to get 100 coins in Tick Tock Clock :lol:

It's an absolute doozy! I got to the top of the clock where there's a yellow block with firespitters and I was trying desperately to collect the coins while not getting hit and "hawhawhawhawhawhawhaaaw-ing" myself off into oblivion. I got most of them, but a few skittered off the edge and I was left with 98 and a sinking feeling that I was going to have to repeat the whole task for the sake of two coins. Fortunately, after a desperate hunt through the clock (all the while singing "just two more coins" to the level's music) right back down at the beginning, I found two coins floating in the air above one of those yellow revolving blocks and the day was saved!

• Like 1

Played the Gears of War 4 and 5 campaigns for the first time. 4 was generic and forgettable and a bit of a repetitive slog to get through but I genuinely enjoyed 5. The open world sections are very surface- level, but I actually enjoyed them since the series suffers from firefight exhaustion. I'll probably get to 6 around 5 years after it comes out

• 2 weeks later...

Maneater_cover_art.jpg

I've been burned out on traditional first and third-person shooting games and was looking for something different.

So far it's been fun, though a bit frustrating at times.  It's interesting how they have taken some of the design elements of Tyson's Punch Out and incorporated them into boss battles under the sea.  Plus it's been fun to treat beaches as an all-day buffet.  

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Psychonauts 2 and a bunch of other Xbox titles shown at E3 looking fantastic. Pretty hyped for Halo Infinite now tbh.

I’m super pumped for Forza Horizon 5.  The FH series is one of my favourite video game series. I’ve reached 100 percent for the entire series, save for FH3 (which I still haven’t picked up yet). 

FH5 looks like it will be another great entry into the series.  I hope it will play on my Xbox One X as I really don’t want to have to spend $600 on a new console just yet. 

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

We'll have a race sometime, if you'd like. (I assume it'll have crossplay?)

Sure! 

No idea about crossplay. I did read that current xbox one owners should be able to play series x games through Microsoft’s streaming platform. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just fired up Doom: Eternal again for the first time in ages. They’ve just released a new RTX update which lets me play it at 120 FPS with full ray tracing. Fuck me it’s a stunning looking game. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently playing Judgement on the PS5. I've been fascinated by modern Japanese culture for ages, and the graphics on the PS5 are so life-like that I feel like I am walking the streets of Tokyo.
Judgement is highly addictive and highly recommended if you like Sega's Yakuza style games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...