What are you currently playing? Last game played?

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah I like the reliability of falling back on brute force and high defenses. But magic looks really cool and varied plus you'll need some of those stats for certain weapons probably so I don't think we should ignore magic entirely. For my next character I'll probably be a wizard and focus on magic to branch out.

Btw get the turtle shell shield and turtle talisman because they boost your stamina recovery speed which is obviously extremely useful.

And yeah have Sekiro on my steam wishlist I'll definitely get it eventually, looks sweet.

Oh it’s amazing mate. You will want to chuck your controller into a meat grinder frequently however. 😂

On 3/5/2022 at 3:44 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah as I suspected the Great Turtle Shield and talisman are must haves.

I'm about 9hrs in and already totally engrossed. Elden Ring is one of those very rare pieces of media that, with no hyperbole, deserve to be described as a masterpiece. Darks Souls 1 was a masterpiece and still is but, not to take away from Dark Souls 1, they've managed to not only replicate that level of greatness but expand and in ways surpass it. Everyone involved should be proud. 10/10

This is the equivalent of Guns N' Roses creating a new album as good as AFD that is arguably 'better'.

Gotta say you called it you fucker. Really great. I’ve levelled up a decent amount and it’s getting really good. PC performance isn’t great but I’m getting roughly 45 FPS average on high at 4K with HDR. Luckily my TV has variable refresh rate so it looks pretty damn good. 

17 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm planning on getting a 4K 120hz TV and connecting my PC to it. Will probably get an Xbox Series X to use for at least a few years before getting an all new ultra super duper no compromises PC.

What level are you? I'm 50 something I think. Trying to grind my stats up before progressing. I recommend betraying Knight Bernahl, the guy in the Warmaster Shack, he drops some great stuff. Btw probably get your Arcane up to 20 maybe 25 for a better drop rate, mine's at 20 and I've seen a noticeable improvement. Now I need to get my Endurance up so I can fast roll while wearing Bernahl's Beastmaster armour.

Btw I realised today that there is an entangled gravestone in a giant's chest cavity. I love the surreal, twisted fucked up designs of everything. Really creative and varied yet cohesive and feels like a consistent world.

I bought my TV a couple of weeks ago and it’s 4K 120hz compatible so I’m connected via HDMI 2.1 to my PC. 

Not sure what level I’m up to yet. Last I checked it was 14 but I’ve played a while since then.

I saw the trick to kill that guy but I’m waiting until I’ve bought all his ashes of war items first. 😂

I am afraid I’m gonna have to go hide from the reality to a zombie apocalypse once again. I’ve left most money for FC6 or DL2 in the pub recently, but I’m already missing the Slums from DL1, plus I have a new PC and have never played the game with ultra details. Well, if you’re looking for an excuse, you’ll always find one... :) 

On 3/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Nice lol. I'm so happy, pretty sure I've found my main go-to melee weapon, the Banished Knight Halberd. Love the look, reach, moveset and damage. It brings giants to their shananananana knees!

40 hours in, at level 62 and I've only just beaten the first boss. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 1:46 PM, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Elden ring might be the GOAT

It's fantastic. I got little time for gaming, 40h in it now. I just laid Godrick yesterday and got the bloodhound fang, very cool. 

If anybody couldn't really get into the other From Software games, give Elden Ring a try anyway, it's different. 

Far Cry 6 (bought the Ultimate version at a weekend 50% discount) - classic FC, awesome, some improvements, huge maps. Nothing will beat FC5 in terms of atmosphere/environment, but this one is cool too. 

Deathloop - great game, a bit like Dishonored (same studio) but more modern. 

Both awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I've finally started playing Red Dead Redemption 2. Can already tell this is going to be special. A little annoying you can't summon your horse unless they're nearby. Looks amazing and 60fps feels really nice.

Enjoy.  The game gets better the more you play it.  Bit a slog the first two chapters, but by the time you start moving east the game really picks up.  Just have to stick with it.  

On 5/1/2022 at 7:40 PM, Dean said:

Renewed my PSN and reinstalled Modern Warfare Remastered. It's good being back. What a game!

Is the remaster worth the money? been on the fence for a while over that game. I tried the new Modern Warefare and just like Advanced warfare i found it to be a lot of crap. Give me Cod ww2 or Battlefield 1 any day

26 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

Is the remaster worth the money? been on the fence for a while over that game. I tried the new Modern Warefare and just like Advanced warfare i found it to be a lot of crap. Give me Cod ww2 or Battlefield 1 any day

I’m on PS4 and play Hardcore Search for the most part, but you’re essentially playing the same folk every time you jump on as the numbers of people playing Hardcore are so low. That said, several core game modes still have a lot of players, Team Deathmatch and Search being the big two. You’ll be guaranteed to find games at any time of day in core, whereas with Hardcore, particularly Search, it’s mostly in the evenings.

I bought the game on release in 2016 when it was bundled with the new COD at that time for £70 - the new one never got played and I only played MWR, it was the only way you could get it at the time but they eventually released it digitally and then gave it away for free with PS Plus - I grabbed that so I didn’t need to use the disc!

It’s one of my favorite games of all time so the money I initially paid was worth it. If you’re looking for something else to play and if the price is right, I’d suggest just pulling the trigger on it!

16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 is living up to its name. I'm blown away. It's the most immersive and beautiful open world I've ever seen. I can tell I'm missing a bunch of stuff and have just scratched the surface(I'm in Chapter 3 now) and I haven't even got to multiplayer yet. This is another title that isn't just great, it's special.

I hope the rumours of RDR1 being remade in this engine are true. They should do that(including Undead Nightmare) as a big expansion DLC to RDR2.

I'm just downloading it again now. Going to have another go at it. Might start from the beginning again.

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Nice, start over yeah particularly if you tried it before and didn't get into it for whatever reason. Everyone involved in it's production should be proud. And I've always been a big fan of Westerns so I'm in heaven.

Off the top of my head the one criticism I thought of was no fast travel but then I found out you can unlock that through upgrading your camp.

ProTip: While riding a cart or other horse you can whistle to your main horse so they follow and then you don't have to trudge back to get them. I named my horse Pie O My lol(fans of The Sopranos will know).

I think I got about 2/3 of the way through last time and just didn't have the time to play much. I've totally forgotten the story so I have started from scratch. 

On 5/14/2022 at 6:40 PM, Dazey said:

I think I got about 2/3 of the way through last time and just didn't have the time to play much. I've totally forgotten the story so I have started from scratch. 

What?  The last third of the game is the best part!  

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2022 at 8:36 AM, Oldest Goat said:

I can tell I'm missing a bunch of stuff and have just scratched the surface(I'm in Chapter 3 now) and I haven't even got to multiplayer yet.

One of the side missions I had most fun with are the special-rare pelts.  Some of them are boss-battles onto themselves.  Best of luck with the albino alligator.  Took me several tries.

I tried the multiplayer but didn't like it all that much.  I've read that RDR2 players are pissed with Rockstar since the company doesn't seem to be doing much in the way of supporting RDR2's multiplayer component.  I found it to be rather empty and was always being dominated by much better players (though, that's a consistent theme when it comes to me and multiplayer gaming).  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 10:09 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Red Dead Redemption 2

Magnifico/10

In the epilogue now. I definitely haven't done everything. I've just done most stranger missions that I've come across and the main story.

Glad to hear you made it to the end.  The last third of the game really is one of the best experience in gaming history (IMO).  

I mostly used the epilogue to secure the 100 percent achievement.  I think it took me 4-6 weeks to beat the main storyline and three months after to hit 100 percent.  

37 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Won't be surprised if GTA VI is online only.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but there’s no way I’m picking up GTA VI if it’s online only (unless the main storyline can still be played in single player mode). But I don’t think I’m in the minority. I would say 90 percent of my friends who play both GTA and RDR avoid the online portion.  I can’t see many bothering with an online-only game, even if it is GTA.  But who knows, maybe I’m wrong. We’ll see.  

8 hours ago, downzy said:

Maybe I’m in the minority, but there’s no way I’m picking up GTA VI if it’s online only (unless the main storyline can still be played in single player mode). But I don’t think I’m in the minority. I would say 90 percent of my friends who play both GTA and RDR avoid the online portion.  I can’t see many bothering with an online-only game, even if it is GTA.  But who knows, maybe I’m wrong. We’ll see.  

Agreed. I’ve absolutely no interest in online multiplayer with perhaps the exception of campaign co-op in stuff like Halo. Pretty much a single player campaign guy these days. 

I honestly have no idea how multiplayer for games like GTA or RDR work.  I've tried both, but end up dying within minutes. 

There are supposedly new missions and campaigns in the online portals, but as much as I'd like to play them, there's no way I'm wasting my time trying navigate other players who seem intent to run around killing anyone who they happen to encounter.  Then there's the question of whether I have to play these new campaigns with other people or is it possible to play them on my own.  And if so, how?  I miss the days where you could just buy expansion packs and play the new campaigns without the hassle of dealing with assholes who play the game 12 hours a day and make it impossible for me to enjoy anything other than the single-story campaign.