What are you currently playing? Last game played?

12 hours ago, downzy said:

There are supposedly new missions and campaigns in the online portals, but as much as I'd like to play them, there's no way I'm wasting my time trying navigate other players who seem intent to run around killing anyone who they happen to encounter.  Then there's the question of whether I have to play these new campaigns with other people or is it possible to play them on my own.  And if so, how?

Turn on "Passive" mode and you don't have to worry about that anymore. Only the guys who want to, spend time fighting each other now.

GTA Online is worth a try for the heists. It's Co Op with the other players. Very fun.

There's also a lot of missions you can play alone. You can select them in the menu.

Honestly, once you get into it I believe it's better than the story mode. There's a reason why it's so popular (of all time?) and I'm not really an MMO fan otherwise.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gonna finally start Devil May Cry 5 tonight after work!!

I played the first game back in April on the switch. Then in May I started on 3, then bought the 2nd game cuz it was on sale (I finished that in 4 days).

Finished the 3rd game in late May.

Started 4th game early June, finished late June.

Whoohoo!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah bro love GTA IV. Spruced up a bit and higher framerates would make it my favourite GTA tbh maybe even more than San Andreas.

'Ballad of Gay Tony' in particular is one of the greatest DLCs ever.

My favourite GTA is always gonna be Vice City if only for the fact that it completely nailed the 80’s setting. Enjoyed GTA IV but the driving in it was absolutely awful. 

• Like 1

Dying Light 2. Despite all the bullshit that the spoiled, ungrateful, know-it-all internet smartasses have said about it, the game is awesome. A worthy successor of the legendary DL1, and I’m not even halfway through. Sure, there are some changes or aspects that could be rethought, but they can’t have that big of an impact on the overall assessment of the game. Looking forward to NG+ and future content, gonna buy the Ultimate edition later. 

• 1 month later...

Minecraft. More specifically modding GNR stuff into the game, Axl Rose says "Thanks to lame ass security im going home" every time his mob version dies, and the signature "oww!" when he gets hit. Buckethead spawns in a giant chicken coop structure, a Jack Daniels bottle that can be used as a weapon, and a bunch of the other band members are in it. Kinda cringe but hey whatever lol

• 3 weeks later...

I pulled the trigger on a PS5 a few weeks back for the release of FIFA. I'm so boring with my games that I just ended up going for the Digital Version seen as I didn't really expand upon Call of Duty or FIFA along with GTA for the entirety of the PS4's lifespan. As a result, I'll need to buy GTA V again, which isn't a problem as I have an itch to play it again after some time off - it's discounted currently also. I want to get the Trilogy definitive edition of GTAIII, Vice City and San Andreas, but I'll hold off til that comes down in price. I've got the new COD currently installing as I type this so I'm hoping for good things! It'll be good to get into online lobbies that are populated and not have the same old players all the time, which is the case with COD4 which I still play.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Dazey

Can already see this is another special all-time great. Persona 5 Royal.

Oooh! Looks interesting. I've not been gaming much of late with work and wotnot. I'm saving my game time up for Callisto Protocol when it drops next month. Looks pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...

I was finally able to get a PS5 (still pretty hard to find one for an ok price in Germany).

It's pretty awesome since I'm coming from an ancient PS4 which is just super loud and slow at this point. :D

I started with the Demon's Souls Remake and Astro Bot - both play and look fantastic!

I hope Calisto Protocol will be great, that would be my next game then.

On 11/24/2022 at 4:19 AM, El Guapo said:

I was finally able to get a PS5 (still pretty hard to find one for an ok price in Germany).

It's pretty awesome since I'm coming from an ancient PS4 which is just super loud and slow at this point. :D

I started with the Demon's Souls Remake and Astro Bot - both play and look fantastic!

I hope Calisto Protocol will be great, that would be my next game then.

I picked one up the other day too. I'm starting in on God of War first. After that, I'm pretty sure Ghost will be up next. 

• Like 1

all I'm playing lately is san andreas on the switch.

with the new camera and control options, this feels like a completely different game.

the driving in this game is 100 % arcade perfection.

the shooting, with motion controls, makes for the most fun, playable shooting experience I've ever witnessed (this goes for all nintendo switch shooters since motion controls are standard)

you can fly, swim, wreak havoc, race, try to outrun the cops, search for hidden packages, try to defend your gang territory etc...

this game provides hours and hours of fun.

notice how I didnt mention performance and graphics? that's because I don't care about those.

Edited by action

13 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Persona 5 Royal; Absolutely loving it. Still on my first playthrough and a long way to go but already agree it's one of the greatest games ever made.

Earth Defense Force 5; EDF! EDF! EDF! Criminally underrated series. One of the most unpretentious and fun videogamey videogame series I've ever witnessed. A breath of fresh air amid a largely dreary and cynical industry. Within a matter of minutes I was hooked, laughing and having fun. A must buy if you like cheesy campy sci-fi or just fun in general. Even people who aren't into videogames will enjoy this. Has online and local splitscreen which is nice. Best fuckaround game since San Andreas.

@Dazey

@MillionsOfSpiders

I'm currently playing through this. 

Which is like a great old school PS2 action game. Totally linear. No open world nonsense. Just a great combat system and a lot of arcade fun. It's gonna keep me going until Calisto Protocol drops on Friday.

I hacked my snes classic to syncronise the roster to my physical collection

I know you can use a raspberry pie and all that, but nothing beats original nintendo hardware. I've had way too many cheap USB controllers fail.

the snes classis is plug and play, and just an adorable little device. I use mine almost daily. one of the best purchases ever

On 11/30/2022 at 8:41 AM, action said:

I hacked my snes classic to syncronise the roster to my physical collection

I know you can use a raspberry pie and all that, but nothing beats original nintendo hardware. I've had way too many cheap USB controllers fail.

the snes classis is plug and play, and just an adorable little device. I use mine almost daily. one of the best purchases ever

I bought  an original Japanese Super Famicom and a Super Everdrive so I can play all the originals from an SD card on original hardware. You're right that it beats using a Pi.

Okay so I've bought and pre-loaded Callisto Protocol on Steam. It doesn't unlock until tomorrow though but I'm really excited. Loved Dead Space 1 and 2 so even if this is just more of the same with a nice 4k touch-up I'll be happy. :D 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Dazey

Let me know how you find it but sadly judging from the reviews it's probably a pass for me. Might get the Dead Space remake instead.

First impressions are that it’s graphically stunning. I’ve had to drop to medium settings at 1440P to get a stable 60 FPS but the stuttering isn’t as bad as I’d heard. Maybe that’s because it’s supposed to be CPU bottlenecked and I upgraded to a Ryzen 5900X a few months back. Apparently there’s a day one patch due in a few hours so I’ll reserve judgement until that’s out I’ve had chance to play for a bit. 

Just now, Dazey said:

First impressions are that it’s graphically stunning. I’ve had to drop to medium settings at 1440P to get a stable 60 FPS but the stuttering isn’t as bad as I’d heard. Maybe that’s because it’s supposed to be CPU bottlenecked and I upgraded to a Ryzen 5900X a few months back. Apparently there’s a day one patch due in a few hours so I’ll reserve judgement until that’s out I’ve had chance to play for a bit. 

One thing worthy of note is that the controls are very heavy. Not saying that as a bad thing as it suits the game style quite well but you certainly can’t go running around the place like a typical third person actioner. 

21 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Dazey

Let me know how you find it but sadly judging from the reviews it's probably a pass for me. Might get the Dead Space remake instead.

Had a couple of hours play now and installed the patch. Now running in 4K with a pretty solid 60FPS with textures on highest setting. Still can’t run with full ray tracing but I wouldn’t really expect that on a 2070 Super. 

4K6RJSP.jpg