What do you think Axl thinks of GNR nowadays??

Mostly I just think it's an absolute shame that a guy who had so much talent allowed his career to become what it has been for the last 20 years. People waste their talents all the time but Axl wasted his to such a degree that I think he actual lost his talent. It's just amazing that since the Illusion albums he's managed 1 album that isn't even liked by many of his own fans. There's a lot of what could have beens with Axl Rose.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.............. didn't.

Who knows what he thinks of it. Part of me thinks he's so stubborn that he probably thinks he did it his way and proved everybody wrong.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

It's impossible to know for sure how he feels about it now...

It's a far cry from the appetite and illusion days, and to be honest if you asked him i dont think you would or could get a straight answer. The history of the band, and Axl and how it all got to this point is far to complex to get a straight answer from him. He will know deep down the answers to what was his fault and what was the fault of others... he would probably readilty admit this band is not a shade on the original line up or even the UYI line up....

From my point of view.. would he prefer things to be different? Deep down.. definitely.. but you know... some things just run their course and maybe for guns its course was truly run by 93 and maybe axl has come to terms with it and is happy to leave it where it is... in the past.

I think it was always going to be like this. That's a given. Unless you die like Jim or Kurt you lose it and turn into a parody of yourself or have a few mediocre albums. Look at The Stones people bum them but they are a joke. A great joke but still nothing on early Stones. Not to pick on Mick and boys but if Bridges was their only record...

I think Slash n Izzy wanted to be cool. They wanted to flirt with stadium stardom but they knew when to get out. You have to sell out to survive. Look at U2 or Stones, anyone they make career moves, they don't combust and quit cos they can't play garage band blues, they adapt, keep the core, like Metallica. You can't be the most dangerous band in the world then complain about lateness while you're doing heroin, get it together!